Author Topic: After Match Debate  (Read 2647 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

After Match Debate
« on: March 28, 2024, 05:59:03 PM »
Leicester City v West Bromwich Albion

Saturday 20th April 2024 12.30pm

Please use this board for all your After Match Debate. Away fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 02:28:53 PM »
The Baggies are back. 
Apart from a ‘home’ referee, Townsend and Diangana misses we have been excellent.
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2024, 02:29:55 PM »
Don’t think I’ve seen a luckier win than that in my life

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2024, 02:30:09 PM »
Brilliant performance. In terms of the result, one of those days. I knew it would get a bit twitchy before we got over the play-off line.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2024, 02:30:17 PM »
Proud of that performance. But the officials need to hang their heads in shame. Disgraceful

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2024, 02:30:34 PM »
ref pays us back for the events at home to dingles, leaves the door slightly ajar for Hull  :'(
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2024, 02:31:12 PM »
Played well, good to see the lads playong with somw hunger again.... Just one of those games where the ball didn't run our way.

The ref was a n*b.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2024, 02:32:03 PM »
A #### referee and missed chances nothing else to say.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2024, 02:32:31 PM »
Connor Townsend let us down today, we didn't take our chances, absolutely dominanted them. Individual errors, I say we wasted chances it could have been 4-2 had it not been for blocks. Chowdury should have booked eairler, Referee was desperate trying to favour Leicester, one of them days just wasn't our day Today, we played well though can't be to disheartened
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2024, 02:32:42 PM »
Two massive games for us to come. Four points should be enough. If we can’t get them against Sheffield and Preston then we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs.

BagAlbion123

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2024, 02:32:52 PM »
They are going to get slaughtered in the Prem. Very very very average and they won't have bias refs to help them!

Proud of our performance, hopefully Watford and Bristol can make it not so bad

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2024, 02:33:13 PM »
The positive is the performance after weeks of been very poor we were miles better today. A mix of brilliant defending from Chowdry, Poor finishing & just general bad luck meant we didn’t score 4 today.

Need to maintain that level of performance for the remainder of the season.

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2024, 02:33:34 PM »
That ref was disgraceful. We played well. Play like that in the last two and we’ll get in the play offs imo

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2024, 02:33:45 PM »
Thought we were really good today.  Another day we win that comfortably.  We should have scored more, and should have conceded less.

Thought Grady was terrible first half, much much better second half.

We came up against one of the worst refereeing performances I can remember.  Started early on when one of our players (can't remember who), stepped in front of the ball, cruyff turned it, and the ref gave a freekick against him.

How he can give that "pen" from such a distance I don't know.  It wasn't really a foul AND any contact was outside the box.  Gave it without help from the lino.

Then the freekick on Furlong that was right on the edge of box that he gave the other way.  What did he think he saw there?  Furlong wins the ball comfortable and then gets booted - "peep, you've stopped Leicester from clearing the ball".

All game he gave freekicks to Leicester.  No idea why it took so long to book Choudary either.  Even the Leicester fans have commented on how heavily favoured they were.

Shocking, but probably a sign of who the league want to see promoted.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2024, 02:33:50 PM »
What can you say. Deserved three points, got none.

Much better side but have to take some of those chances and they shouldn’t have had chance to stop the two in the second half on the line. Couple of bad misses from Grady too.

They’ve had two or three chances besides the penalty and scored twice. Great performance until the finishing, rubbish result

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2024, 02:36:33 PM »
Top performance from the team. We just weren't as ruthless in the penalty box as Leicester were. Johnston tremendous apart from that final little bit of accuracy. Choudry 2 off the line. We didn't have any luck (though Johan Cruyff once said there's no such thing as luck!).
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2024, 02:36:51 PM »
Well im sitting here at the King Power, such a proud Baggie
We were brilliant, we outclassed and outfought Leicester
Of course we should have won it, but this performance by our squad and bossed by CC holds us ready for the playoffs, who would want to play us over 2 legs?
I wont critisise the misses or small errors here and there but overall we were superior and the Leicester team and fans know it.
Fantastic game bring on the next match to secure top 6,deservedly so, well done to all.
Special mention to all Baggies fans here ive got no voice left didnt stop singing, wow.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2024, 02:40:01 PM »
Will report properly tomorrow as I’m off out for the day and night now, but we were brilliant and I couldn’t be prouder of all of the team except for Townsend who continues to cost us

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2024, 02:40:19 PM »
The positive is the performance after weeks of been very poor we were miles better today. A mix of brilliant defending from Chowdry, Poor finishing & just general bad luck meant we didn’t score 4 today.

Need to maintain that level of performance for the remainder of the season.

Agree with all of this. It started to get laughable in the end. We created enough gilt edged chances to have won four games. We shouldve had at least four and could easily have scored literally eight or nine.

Just knew they'd score the first chance they got when we missed four great chances in the first fifteen minutes or so.

Fantastic game of football, as entertaining as I've seen for a while.

Ref was inept absolutely awful.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2024, 02:42:09 PM »
Brilliant performance. In terms of the result, one of those days. I knew it would get a bit twitchy before we got over the play-off line.

It wouldn’t be the Albion if it didn’t get twitchy Lewis!
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2024, 02:44:05 PM »
Garbage referee.
Awful choice of no striker on pitch until game gone
Shots should have been buried but weren't
Clearances should have been made that werent

Saying that no way we deserved to lose

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2024, 02:45:11 PM »
Good performance but poor finishing a lot of back luck, poor defending and a dreadful ref has done us. Our form is not good heading into the play offs.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2024, 02:45:35 PM »
Performance to be proud of  ignoring officiating we should have buried them today.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2024, 02:46:12 PM »
As so often, one side dominates but misses a hatful of chances, then the other side gets one chance and scores. We weren't clinical enough but you have to applaud Leicester for their defending. Having Choudry in exactly the right position on the line twice.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2024, 02:51:19 PM »
I was a bit harsh on Albion in game; we were in fact excellent, but Townsend let us down big time and I cringe every time he is on the pitch. He's about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and I will rejoice when he finally goes.

I think Leicester will struggle in the Prem and their table position flatters them. Best side in this league, this year, for my money is Southampton.

I realise we could actually not make the playoffs theoretically but I'm not flustered about that. We have some talent in the squad, we have a fabulous manager and an owner who is looking forward. Wherever we are next season I really look forward to it.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music