Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2362998 times)

divinewind

• WBA Coach

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #5600 on: September 01, 2018, 10:01:02 AM »
Interesting!

So GL bought WBA just to make a meagre profit, when he could have got a much bigger return on his alleged £150 million by investing in Chinese infrastructure (for example).

To be honest mate i have no idea why he bought us, especially for the price, he shows little interest in us or the game itself. JP was good at selling things way above their valuation as we saw with Kamara.
Lai probably wanted to be the only Chinese owner of a Premier league club without realising the cost to keep it there. I said all the time Peace was asking too much but was shouted down. Fosun bought the Dings for a mere £30m and now are building a state of the art 50k stadium. I am looking forward to our rivalry with Walsall next season.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5601 on: September 01, 2018, 10:20:39 AM »
To be honest mate i have no idea why he bought us, especially for the price, he shows little interest in us or the game itself. JP was good at selling things way above their valuation as we saw with Kamara.
Lai probably wanted to be the only Chinese owner of a Premier league club without realising the cost to keep it there. I said all the time Peace was asking too much but was shouted down. Fosun bought the Dings for a mere £30m and now are building a state of the art 50k stadium. I am looking forward to our rivalry with Walsall next season.

What planet do you live on, whatever you have you surely sell it for the highest someone will pay for it.

What do you think he’s going to say ‘oh you’re willing to pay £200m but don’t worry about that, them lot down the road we’re sold for £30m how about we multiply that by 2 as we are in the premiership and call it £60m’

Daftness to think that, would you sell your house for half the price someone was willing to buy it off you for?

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5602 on: September 01, 2018, 10:55:44 AM »
What planet do you live on, whatever you have you surely sell it for the highest someone will pay for it.

What do you think he’s going to say ‘oh you’re willing to pay £200m but don’t worry about that, them lot down the road we’re sold for £30m how about we multiply that by 2 as we are in the premiership and call it £60m’

Daftness to think that, would you sell your house for half the price someone was willing to buy it off you for?

If you are asking me if JP got a good price for us then yes, he hit the jackpot, i bet you are over the moon for him.
But i am more interested in Albion than Charlie Peace, and he promised only to sell us to an owner who could take us further.
Are you happy with the one he got for us?

webral

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #5603 on: September 01, 2018, 11:03:53 AM »
Jeremy Jackpot Peace sold us to an owner who could take us no further and can't be arsed to speak to us. Thank you Roland.

Less greed from the bald one it could have been Fosun. How many 10s of millions does a man need?

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5604 on: September 01, 2018, 01:15:45 PM »
As many as he can get according to some of our fans. I think he did well to set himself up for life after buying out our shareholder fans for a pittance. What a great business man he was.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5605 on: September 01, 2018, 03:04:47 PM »
Hey blowee,a cash cow is a money making business that just keeps on giving.why would they let it decline,don't make sense mate.
Partly because it wasn’t treated as a proper cash cow. (It really is more complicated). An established Premier League club might have the guaranteed income, but, it needs to reinvest that income on extraordinary costs. We reinvested badly last season, hence we now have a problem. I’d go as far as to say that the parasites, players, agents etc, are treating the clubs as cash cows. I’d like to debate more, but economics was the last lecture on a Friday. My mind was on other things.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5606 on: September 22, 2018, 01:50:51 PM »
The EFL rich list
Club - owner - estimated wealth
Aston Villa - Dr Tony Xia, Nassef Sawiris, Wesley Edens - £8,100,000,000
Barnsley - International Investment Consortium (Headed by Chien Lee) - £6,900,000,000
Stoke - Coates family - £3,100,000,000
West Brom - Guochuan Lai - £2,800,000,000

full list link
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/richest-football-league-clubs-based-13285535

thought you mite like to see this new list, Wolves owner didn't make it
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 02:12:16 PM by geoff »

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5607 on: September 22, 2018, 02:21:28 PM »
The EFL rich list
Club - owner - estimated wealth
Aston Villa - Dr Tony Xia, Nassef Sawiris, Wesley Edens - £8,100,000,000
Barnsley - International Investment Consortium (Headed by Chien Lee) - £6,900,000,000
Stoke - Coates family - £3,100,000,000
West Brom - Guochuan Lai - £2,800,000,000

full list link
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/richest-football-league-clubs-based-13285535

thought you mite like to see this new list, Wolves owner didn't make it

Wolves aren't an EFL club.

Pretty sure that Lai figure is disputed too.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5608 on: September 22, 2018, 04:58:30 PM »
Those that aren't happy, feel free to pop down the cash point and make a football club acquisition
Isn't it amazing how good people are at advising multi millionaires on business plans and what they should do with their money
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5609 on: September 22, 2018, 05:03:28 PM »
Could give a s#@t, means nothing
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 07:55:26 PM by kie the baggie »

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5610 on: September 22, 2018, 05:07:06 PM »
Could five a s#@t, means nothing

Come again?
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5611 on: September 22, 2018, 05:08:48 PM »
Think he means “I couldn’t give a s@“!,  it means nothing. It being the money list
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5612 on: September 22, 2018, 05:13:54 PM »
Think he means “I couldn’t give a s@“!,  it means nothing. It being the money list
About right yeah!!

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5613 on: September 22, 2018, 05:19:35 PM »

Oh right, I see. Makes sense now.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5614 on: September 22, 2018, 06:34:16 PM »
Owner wealth means nothing, it's down to how they approach FFP and how well the club recruits players and staff. As long as Lai appoints a DoF that knows football exists outside of England and he makes all of the Chadli money available in January then I'm happy.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5615 on: September 23, 2018, 11:59:24 AM »
Can we cut the xenophobic comments please, this forum is better than that and any future xenophobic comments will be removed as soon as we see them and the poster will be gone for an initial 7 days
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5616 on: September 30, 2018, 01:34:36 PM »
It seems to me that we drew the short straw here,Villa and Wolves get the big spending owners,i think our guy for whatever strange reasons I keep hearing(he cant get his money out) not that old chestnut,has no intention of spending much, I mean we sold Chadli on deadline day for 10million,surely we knew that was going to happen,and then spent 4 and sixpence getting in Mears, this guy makes Peace look like Richard Prior in Brewsters Millions.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5617 on: September 30, 2018, 04:37:04 PM »
It seems to me that we drew the short straw here,Villa and Wolves get the big spending owners,i think our guy for whatever strange reasons I keep hearing(he cant get his money out) not that old chestnut,has no intention of spending much, I mean we sold Chadli on deadline day for 10million,surely we knew that was going to happen,and then spent 4 and sixpence getting in Mears, this guy makes Peace look like Richard Prior in Brewsters Millions.

Brewster wasted 30m to get hundreds of millions. Where's the correlation with Gochin?

He clearly bought us based on past performance and profits and thought he get the same dividends as Rolly.

But, then came the unplanned drop.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5618 on: September 30, 2018, 05:04:02 PM »
Brewster wasted 30m to get hundreds of millions. Where's the correlation with Gochin?

He clearly bought us based on past performance and profits and thought he get the same dividends as Rolly.

dont take it so literal,i was just making a joke comparing Gochins spending to Peaces spending

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #5619 on: September 30, 2018, 08:07:58 PM »

If Rolly refers to greedy Peace you're wrong about the dividends, he didn't take any dividends because he would've had to share them with the minority shareholders. Instead he took a very large salary that he didn't have to share with anyone!

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5620 on: September 30, 2018, 09:10:21 PM »
But if we made a profit which after tax that would have included all salary's etc the remaining profit must have been ploughed back into the club for new players

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5621 on: September 30, 2018, 11:53:14 PM »
If Rolly refers to greedy Peace you're wrong about the dividends, he didn't take any dividends because he would've had to share them with the minority shareholders. Instead he took a very large salary that he didn't have to share with anyone!

Look at the 2016 wba fc holdings accounts and you will see a £27m dividend was definitely paid.

The clue is in the word "dividend".

The way he gradually forced minority shareholders, who put their money into our club in it's darkest hour, with one share after another and the fact there are at least 3 companies he set under the wba fc name, makes me think he had different types of share which carried different types of voting and dividend rights.

Personally, I don't think he would have any problem morally or legally to take that last £27m after squiralling it away instead of spending on a new halfords Lane or on Lukaku.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5622 on: October 01, 2018, 05:20:33 AM »
Even if he did take this 27 million dividend,there must have been money left in to pay corporation tax on or left in the company ,because the company wouldn't have been any interest to a potential buyer perhaps.
I would have thought that the club would have shown to be in profit in order to be of saleable interest to someone like Mr lai.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5623 on: October 01, 2018, 07:31:00 AM »
non profitable clubs get sold not ones that just make money.=Villa have had huge losses in recent years but still had interested parties to buy them. there's probably other clubs.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5624 on: October 01, 2018, 09:10:07 AM »
Even if he did take this 27 million dividend,there must have been money left in to pay corporation tax on or left in the company ,because the company wouldn't have been any interest to a potential buyer perhaps.
I would have thought that the club would have shown to be in profit in order to be of saleable interest to someone like Mr lai.

You only pay corporation tax on profits.  And you can also only take dividends out of profits (once corporation tax is paid).  We must have made a healthy profit that season.

Football clubs are weird, a struggling club will tend to be sold more often - just because the current regime will want out and someone else will think they can pick it up cheaply.