Author Topic: Boaz Myhill  (Read 136363 times)

jasonbot

• Junior Baggie

Re: Boaz Myhill
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2011, 12:30:15 AM »
Maybe now we can finally go for Eiji Kawashima?

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2011, 12:46:03 AM »
Maybe now we can finally go for Eiji Kawashima?

I'm pretty sure he's still sat on the East stand car park  ;D ;D

Good luck to Boaz, but I'd have preferred him as our number 2.

Although without him going to Blooze I doubt we'd have secured Foster so I can't complain too much  :P

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2011, 10:25:27 AM »
I think he will have a good season for Blues in the champion ship. he hasnt actually done a bad job for us, although he has failed to really bowl us over and so we have brought in Foster.

We will sign another keeper now as back up im sure.
Boing Boing

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2011, 03:58:10 PM »
I was slightly surprised when i heard this but i feel we did what was necessary to get our first choice keeper. Wish him the best of luck at blues, just feel it wasnt meant to be with us
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

jasonbot

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2011, 04:10:21 PM »
Just read that Blues lost 1-2 to Everton with Myhill in goal yesterday.

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2011, 07:12:31 PM »
I was hoping we would keep Myhill as a back up keeper, although this move secured the signing of Foster so i can't complain to much.

Its difficult to have someone as a back up keeper really, as like Boaz they want first team football.
I have stated above i would have been happy with Myhill as our 2nd keeper although i seriously doubt whether he could seriously contest with Foster for the starting spot.

As it stands Daniels would be 2nd choice who is maybe not ready so i do think it is important we can find someone who is capable and experienced enough to take that position in our squad.

Anyway good luck to Boaz at Blues, hope he does well for them but not to well as we don't want them to come back up and get Foster back  :D

63Brummie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2011, 11:23:19 AM »
I understand his frustration. I dont think he has been given a fair crack of the whip and if it wasnt for a poor goal in our first game most people would say he has had a good pre season. Hodgson does not rate him though and that is football. He will just move on once we have a back up keeper in place.
I totally agree.
Your Football team is the best example of pure unconditional love...that's why I'm a BAGGIE TO THE BONE

baggie_1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2011, 05:13:32 PM »
Myhill getting slated by the blues fans. I got told he was at fault for one of the goals.
AND ITS 5 FOR THE BAGGIES...BOING BOING TAKE THAT

lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2011, 07:00:50 PM »
Myhill getting slated by the blues fans. I got told he was at fault for one of the goals.

Well done agent Myhill  ;D

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2011, 07:29:23 PM »

Myhill is absolute bobbins, he has been at fault for 3 goals in two games for Blues and was shocking for us. Awful IMO.
Gera, Gera, Gera

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2011, 07:53:13 PM »
Heard some of the blues fans blaming him for the goals today but some are also defending him so it seems its a personal opinion. Will have to have a look on the football league show tonight to see how he performed. I do hope that he can cut out the mistakes there and have a good spell.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2011, 06:08:35 PM »
Heard some of the blues fans blaming him for the goals today but some are also defending him so it seems its a personal opinion. Will have to have a look on the football league show tonight to see how he performed. I do hope that he can cut out the mistakes there and have a good spell.

From what i saw of the goal it was just hit hard and straight and he went right underneath it. I dont rate him as a keeper personally but wished him the best of luck at blues but i really dont think he's making the best of starts there unfortunately
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

Rich99

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 06:45:44 PM »
He seems to have played a fair few games for them, 34 this season by the looks of it, so I guess he's doing fairly well.  It's good to see him getting game time.

I think it was a 1 year loan deal so he's back with us in the summer, though I could be wrong.

Has anyone any idea how Boaz is getting on at Blues?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:50:11 PM by Rich99 »

JDWest_Brom

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2012, 09:44:20 PM »
I know a couple of Blues fans and they say he is doing a decent job, in the Championship. But he's not a patch on Ben Foster and they're hoping they go up or we go down so they get Foster back.

Also, they have the England U-21 Keeper Jack Butland on their books who they reckon will be quality in a few years.
Izzy Brown? Yes he is!

BrummieBaggie68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2012, 09:44:43 PM »
After a very shaky start, blues fans love him now.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2012, 02:13:24 PM »
Glad to hear he is doing well for Blues, I think we should sell im in the summer.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2012, 08:58:50 AM »
Given what happened with Fulop at the end of last season I was feeling nervous when Myhill came in today.  Have to say I think he did well.  Okay not as good as Foster, but still a good keeper, which shows we have depth in another area of the team.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2012, 09:00:59 AM »
I thought he did very well Yesterday considering he hasnt had much first team Football. He made some good saves. like you said another area of the team where we have squad in depth.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2012, 09:02:26 AM »
solid display from him.
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

Albionwarrior

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2012, 09:12:49 AM »
First game this season ..... Excellent

At the moment he's a fixed Number 2, who knows what injuries/form is round the corner.

Short term he needs to be valued

8)

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2012, 09:23:43 AM »
He seemed to punch the ball a few times when it looked easier to catch it but he was pretty solid
Allllllll aboard

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2012, 09:28:58 AM »
Well done Boaz. Potentially a disaster waiting to happen having not played for so long. And after the "Fulop Affair" everyone was sort of waiting with baited breath. Watching the game it seemed clear that the players had confidence in him which is always a good sign. It is usually obvious from their body language when they dont. Foster will be back as soon as though.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2012, 10:31:17 AM »
He has been a number one previously ( and a pretty good one) , yesterday he played well, just think he needs to be a bit more vocal.
Probably happy to be no2 in a top six side? :D
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Baggies54

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2012, 10:34:14 AM »
Sound man, as for Fulop if he was a Pakistani cricketer he would be under match fixing allegations right now, such was his abysmal display versus Arsenal last season.

Boaz did us proud yesterday taking no chances, and clearing the ball by punching (remember he hasn't got many seconds to decide) if he thought there was any danger.  Played well all through.

VIVA BOAZ !!!
"Scientific criticism has no nobler task than to shatter false beliefs".......

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2012, 10:39:25 AM »
A good solid keeper,and good to be able to field the Wales international when the England international is injured.

Please don't mention fulop,i still haven't got over that yet.