Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 718420 times)

Mo

• Junior Baggie

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #550 on: March 16, 2019, 09:50:23 AM »
We need someone to come in and start on Monday, they’ve then got a couple of weeks to get their ideas into the players due to the international break. I think it’s between Jokanovic, Neil and Appleton. Jokanovic is expensive, Neil will be tough to get from pne and Appleton would probably have a bad fan reaction. IMO though Appleton would be great, he’s a very good tactician, plays good football with solid foundations and most importantly gets the best out of young players.

He’s been out of work since last June if he’s that good someone would have appointed him by now .

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #551 on: March 16, 2019, 11:05:14 AM »
Danny Cowley at Lincoln for me.

Haven't seen him even mentioned in the betting, however.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #552 on: March 16, 2019, 11:13:44 AM »
Good shout that wbako.

I think somebody like that would be ideal if we dont go up and we do have a clearout, a young and hungry manager with fresh ideas, ie - tony mowbray.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #553 on: March 16, 2019, 11:16:20 AM »

m

A mate of mine who’s a very highly qualified coach and also a Lincoln fan says the Cowley brothers get results but the style of their football will not please many who want to see a nice attacking game.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #554 on: March 16, 2019, 11:19:13 AM »
Good shout that wbako.

I think somebody like that would be ideal if we dont go up and we do have a clearout, a young and hungry manager with fresh ideas, ie - tony mowbray.

I've been following him for a couple of years due to the fact he has come from a teaching background like myself and have been very impressed with how he comes across in interviews. Obviously, he's done a cracking job at Lincoln too.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #555 on: March 16, 2019, 11:21:13 AM »
m

A mate of mine who’s a very highly qualified coach and also a Lincoln fan says the Cowley brothers get results but the style of their football will not please many who want to see a nice attacking game.

Fair enough. I can't profess to having seen them play that much. I did watch a game when they were in the conference (or whatever it is called now) and Lincoln pummelled the team they were playing, but I admit that's miles away from a promotion charge in the Championship.

nogin

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #556 on: March 16, 2019, 11:24:36 AM »
Have a look at what he did at Oxford. Every other club he’s been in charge of has been terribly run by the owners.

Darren Moore was a great man manager and coach but as a tactician was woeful. Everyone wanted him to do well but unfortunately he wasn’t up to it.

And our club is run impeccably ?? Right so were sorted then.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #557 on: March 16, 2019, 12:04:25 PM »
And our club is run impeccably ?? Right so were sorted then.

Compared to Blackburn and Portsmouth at the time then yes.

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #558 on: March 16, 2019, 12:33:04 PM »

Good shout - I’d be happy with something like that

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #559 on: March 16, 2019, 12:58:54 PM »
i would move heaven and earth to get Gary Monk away from Birmingham,
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #560 on: March 16, 2019, 02:31:50 PM »
If we win again today James Shan will be given the job.

Good old Albion, never disappoint.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #561 on: March 16, 2019, 04:01:28 PM »

We’d have probably all said the same about Rowett when he was doing the exact same job at blues and look how that ended at stoke. I’d also worry why he’s had so many clubs in his short managerial career.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 04:03:12 PM by TAFKATMNo1Fan »

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #562 on: March 16, 2019, 06:01:36 PM »
playoffs looking pretty much safe now, maybe we should let Shan finish the season and appoint calmly

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #563 on: March 16, 2019, 06:02:40 PM »
playoffs looking pretty much safe now, maybe we should let Shan finish the season and appoint calmly

Christ no.

We cannot settle for this AGAIN.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #564 on: March 16, 2019, 06:05:44 PM »
fans would then call for shan to be appointed and cry when hes sacked need to get someone in full time asap. but i expect it to be someone to plan for a rebuild in championship next season rather than go all out

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #565 on: March 16, 2019, 06:12:43 PM »
I just worry we could be held to ransom by Jokanovic or anyone else we decide is a "must have".  What can they do in the time left this season, the last thing this lot of players need right now is another tactical master plan, they just need to get out there and win a few games with sensible selection and clever use of subs. And if  a rushed appointment is another balls up where does that leave us?

I would make it 100% clear to Shan that it is only till May, give him a fat bonus if we go up.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #566 on: March 16, 2019, 06:14:36 PM »
I just worry we could be held to ransom by Jokanovic or anyone else we decide is a "must have". What can they do in the time left this season, the last thing this lot of players need right now is another tactical master plan, they just need to get out there and win a few games with sensible selection and clever use of subs. And if  a rushed appointment is another balls up where does that leave us?

I would make it 100% clear to Shan that it is only till May, give him a fat bonus if we go up.

Assess the squad under match conditions, as you've said, play-offs is safe. Would be a disaster to wait until summer to make a permanent appointment.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #567 on: March 16, 2019, 06:16:08 PM »
From what is discernible in the press, we have an ideally qualified candidate who is interested in the job and waiting for us to contact him.

Get on the blower to him right now, we need to break the cycle of, with the odd exception, not getting the right man for our job, proven by the number of managers we have appointed and parted company in the last 10 years, imo!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #568 on: March 16, 2019, 06:21:33 PM »

Assess the squad under match conditions, as you've said, play-offs is safe. Would be a disaster to wait until summer to make a permanent appointment.
A lot of the squad will be gone anyway, but I wouldn't mind if it had looked like we had a successor lined up, now it would feel like panic buying to me.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #569 on: March 16, 2019, 06:30:14 PM »
A lot of the squad will be gone anyway, but I wouldn't mind if it had looked like we had a successor lined up, now it would feel like panic buying to me.

We will need to retain some players like it or not, we need them to fit into (hopefully Jokanovic's) system. As long as it's not something totally out of the blue (Megson, Puel, Pearson etc) it won't have been done in a panic, it will be a considered choice that currently has only taken 7 days...

Shan for the rest of the season would reflect the club letting us all down again.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #570 on: March 16, 2019, 06:34:05 PM »
I'm beginning to think sacking DM was more to do with getting Jones out the door.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #571 on: March 16, 2019, 06:35:34 PM »
I'm beginning to think sacking DM was more to do with getting Jones out the door.

Same. Although, not beginning to, have always thought.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #572 on: March 16, 2019, 06:43:20 PM »

Christ no.

We cannot settle for this AGAIN.
I hate doing this but I have to agree.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #573 on: March 16, 2019, 06:47:47 PM »

I would be concerned that the only job with expectations of promotion he's had, he ended up being sacked mid-season.

No doubting the job he's done at Blues but its a whole different ball game being expected to win regularly, than at the likes of Blues where its ok if the form blows hot and cold.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #574 on: March 16, 2019, 06:49:39 PM »
I would be concerned that the only job with expectations of promotion he's had, he ended up being sacked mid-season.

No doubting the job he's done at Blues but its a whole different ball game being expected to win regularly, than at the likes of Blues where its ok if the form blows hot and cold.

Now on a run of 4 defeats on the bounce, which should become 5 Friday week. When the points deduction is announced he'll be lucky to get away without a relegation on his CV.

Not for me.