Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 718395 times)

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #300 on: March 11, 2019, 04:26:00 PM »
Define a crisis, i'd say Blues wins that one hands down to be honest

I’m not saying blues aren’t in crisis it’s just the Monk argument doesn’t take into account that Moore inherited a mess too. To gloss over that is naive. You could also say when Monk had better squads at Leeds  and Boro he struggled. Also interestingly this was written about Monk at Leeds.
“After beating Brighton 2–0 on 19 March 2017, Leeds were firmly in the playoff positions and in the hunt for automatic promotion, having pulled 11 points clear of 7th place. However, after a dramatic loss of form in the final 8 matches of the season, Leeds mathematically missed out on the playoffs on the final day of the season, finishing in 7th place after being overtaken by Fulham”. :)

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #301 on: March 11, 2019, 04:38:52 PM »
I’m not saying blues aren’t in crisis it’s just the Monk argument doesn’t take into account that Moore inherited a mess too. To gloss over that is naive. You could also say when Monk had better squads at Leeds  and Boro he struggled. Also interestingly this was written about Monk at Leeds.
“After beating Brighton 2–0 on 19 March 2017, Leeds were firmly in the playoff positions and in the hunt for automatic promotion, having pulled 11 points clear of 7th place. However, after a dramatic loss of form in the final 8 matches of the season, Leeds mathematically missed out on the playoffs on the final day of the season, finishing in 7th place after being overtaken by Fulham”. :)
Im not saying Monk is the answer to anything, just a better option than some banded about, he has restored his reputation as a young British manager that can manage a squad on limited budgets which is exactly what he would be doing here. To be honest I think Moore was still the answer and deserved to see the final quarter out and be judged at the end of the season, we are still in a very strong position that at least 20 teams below us would love to be, it was going to take a monumental effort to cock the playoffs up from here then it is anybody's to win, if his remit was to gain promotion, then it is my belief they pressed the panic button too early as he was on target to have a shot albeit through the lottery of play offs, which is exactly what the new manager will have to do!?

12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #302 on: March 11, 2019, 04:57:35 PM »
Okay. Wilson has just put out an article about Appleton so let me get this across.

The new manager should have NO prior association with the club. So that's a thanks but no thanks to McInnes, Shakespeare, Appleton. We need a clean break.

Jokanovic or bust.

he's got us over a barrel...

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #303 on: March 11, 2019, 04:59:55 PM »
Karanka is a wild card at 16/1, Moyes now second fav with the bookies.......  ???
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #304 on: March 11, 2019, 05:10:07 PM »
Karanka is a wild card at 16/1, Moyes now second fav with the bookies.......  ???
Didn't Moyes more or less say we were beneath him a couple of sackings ago?

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #305 on: March 11, 2019, 06:21:05 PM »
If we are talking wildcards then I'd go with Lampard or Gerrard. Jokanovic is the man for the job in my opinion.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #306 on: March 11, 2019, 06:30:59 PM »
Okay. Wilson has just put out an article about Appleton so let me get this across.

The new manager should have NO prior association with the club. So that's a thanks but no thanks to McInnes, Shakespeare, Appleton. We need a clean break.

Jokanovic or bust.
Spot on Jacko
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #307 on: March 11, 2019, 06:37:34 PM »
If the board had issues with Moore and his staff back in November I'd expect a coach to be in place today. Looks like knee jerk reaction from owner who just realised he's bought a white elephant

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #308 on: March 11, 2019, 06:45:37 PM »
Scratch Zidane  ;D
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #309 on: March 11, 2019, 07:01:20 PM »
Solari...oh, oh. By the Gypsy Kings. :-X

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #310 on: March 11, 2019, 07:11:42 PM »
“Slavisa Jokanovic: West Brom hope to name ex-Fulham boss as next manager”

It sounds as though it’s edging nearer, fingers crossed

Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/slavisa-jokanovic-west-brom-hope-14119938
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #311 on: March 11, 2019, 07:30:54 PM »
“Slavisa Jokanovic: West Brom hope to name ex-Fulham boss as next manager”

It sounds as though it’s edging nearer, fingers crossed

Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/slavisa-jokanovic-west-brom-hope-14119938
It's the hope which kills.

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #313 on: March 11, 2019, 07:45:31 PM »
Didn't Moyes more or less say we were beneath him a couple of sackings ago?

iits amazing what a couple of sacking will do  :D and that's the only joke i'll make of this utter ****show
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 08:08:39 AM by Hull Baggie »

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #315 on: March 11, 2019, 07:47:05 PM »
No to Karanka and why wait for Wagner, for him to see what happens... no thankyou. Get Jokanovic in for me. Stand out name so far not really interested in the rest of the names. Hope this happens ASAP. Anyone Itk?

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #316 on: March 11, 2019, 07:51:31 PM »
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #317 on: March 11, 2019, 07:57:43 PM »
Wilson has put out some sh1te today as I've just told him on Twitter. The only useful information in that article is Jokanovic is the number 1 choice.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #318 on: March 11, 2019, 08:05:04 PM »
I reckon the new manager will be announced & paraded before the game on Wednesday, going to stick my neck out & say Jokanovic will get the gig.

Like to make an entrance do our Oriental friends.
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #319 on: March 11, 2019, 08:07:25 PM »
If we are talking wildcards then I'd go with Lampard or Gerrard. Jokanovic is the man for the job in my opinion.
Haha, like he's going to leave Rangers for us.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #320 on: March 11, 2019, 08:14:05 PM »
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #321 on: March 11, 2019, 08:37:04 PM »
Whatever the rights and wrongs of Darren Moore's sacking i find it quite astonishing that we didnt have somebody ready to start work today.

With them sacking Moore when they did it appears time is of the essence, the players wouldnt of been in yesterday due to playing satuday, they would be in today and the new man should of been there to start getting his ideas over today and tomorrow ahead of the game wednesday.

The players wont train thursday because of playing the night before so if the new manager is unveiled wednesday, he will get one days training ahead of the Brentford game which will be friday and training the day before a game is always low key, we have ten games left and the new bloke will almost certainly have little say on the next two which then leaves 8 games.

Assuming Moores criteria was automatic promotion (which now as it looks unlikely would seem to the reason he was sacked) surely whoever was coming in needed as many games as possible to galvanise this supposedly failing squad? Instead whoever comes in has no input for pretty much two games anyway!

Jimmy Shan was a main man in the same coaching team as Moore so he will be pretty much doing exactly the same thing which begs the question if you didnt have a replacement lined up ready to start, why sack Moore when he is more likely to get a tune out the players than a stand in coach who has also worked with the players all season?!

It would seem the decision was made after the Leeds game, last week should of been spent speaking to potential new coaches and decision made before the Ipswich game, we can talk about pride, morals and dignity of respecting the man in charge but our board lost all evidence of that a long time ago, everyone knows it happens in football, most times replacement managers are in place ahead of the man been sacked.

Yet again just goes to show what a joke and embarrassment we now are as a club.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #322 on: March 11, 2019, 08:40:47 PM »
Whatever the rights and wrongs of Darren Moore's sacking i find it quite astonishing that we didnt have somebody ready to start work today.

With them sacking Moore when they did it appears time is of the essence, the players wouldnt of been in yesterday due to playing satuday, they would be in today and the new man should of been there to start getting his ideas over today and tomorrow ahead of the game wednesday.

The players wont train thursday because of playing the night before so if the new manager is unveiled wednesday, he will get one days training ahead of the Brentford game which will be friday and training the day before a game is always low key, we have ten games left and the new bloke will almost certainly have little say on the next two which then leaves 8 games.

Assuming Moores criteria was automatic promotion (which now as it looks unlikely would seem to the reason he was sacked) surely whoever was coming in needed as many games as possible to galvanise this supposedly failing squad? Instead whoever comes in has no input for pretty much two games anyway!

Jimmy Shan was a main man in the same coaching team as Moore so he will be pretty much doing exactly the same thing which begs the question if you didnt have a replacement lined up ready to start, why sack Moore when he is more likely to get a tune out the players than a stand in coach who has also worked with the players all season?!

It would seem the decision was made after the Leeds game, last week should of been spent speaking to potential new coaches and decision made before the Ipswich game, we can talk about pride, morals and dignity of respecting the man in charge but our board lost all evidence of that a long time ago, everyone knows it happens in football, most times replacement managers are in place ahead of the man been sacked.

Yet again just goes to show what a joke and embarrassment we now are as a club.

I will be amazed if Shan allows the suicidal passing in defence, he will listen to the players and demand they play for the club and themselves. I expect improvement straight away.
Baggie in Southampton

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #323 on: March 11, 2019, 08:43:15 PM »
My biggest concern for this group of players would be will they respect Shan enough to listen.

They showed with their efforts under Pulis and Pardew that if they dont want to play, they wont.

I dont think they could be accused of a lack of effort under Moore, i just dont think they were good enough (my opinion) but i wouldnt put it past them to take it easy til the new man comes in, i hope i am wrong though.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #324 on: March 11, 2019, 08:44:47 PM »
Wilson has put out some sh1te today as I've just told him on Twitter. The only useful information in that article is Jokanovic is the number 1 choice.
I find the short term bit worrying , he wouldn't write that without something in the back ground.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.