Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 851351 times)

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #3900 on: April 04, 2019, 06:41:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/i/status/1113849964235558912

Darren More visits Inspire Afrika project in Kenya soon after his sacking and has been an ambassador for the charity since 2014
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

smethwick2

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3901 on: April 05, 2019, 10:18:48 AM »
I agree with the posts that Darren will be a great ambassador for the club and its a shame that the promotion to head coach meant that he would inevitably leave the club, would have been good to keep him working with the academy system. For me he will always be an Albion hero and I'm glad that he has left the club before our relationship with him turned sour, he would be welcomed back in the stands I'm sure.  Interesting that Darren had our best win percentage since Ozzy Ardilles, albeit most of that in the championship

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3902 on: April 05, 2019, 06:28:25 PM »
I understand Darren wanting to get back in asap because in football you very quickly become yesterday's man but I sincerely hope he does take stock on what he has learned over the last 12 months and comes back to the game better for it.

He said in his interview on Goals on Sunday there was very little he would have done differently which is fair enough in public because he can't come across as being riddled with self doubt that is the kiss of death in such a competitive environment.  In private however I think he needs to develop a playing style he is comfortable with and work with that. I think he leant too heavily on Graham Jones for the overall strategic direction.

Fine if he wants a possession based style but he has to coach to it and be comfortable sending out his team to execute it. I will watch his progress with great interest.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3903 on: April 06, 2019, 09:13:16 AM »
I understand Darren wanting to get back in asap because in football you very quickly become yesterday's man but I sincerely hope he does take stock on what he has learned over the last 12 months and comes back to the game better for it.

He said in his interview on Goals on Sunday there was very little he would have done differently which is fair enough in public because he can't come across as being riddled with self doubt that is the kiss of death in such a competitive environment.  In private however I think he needs to develop a playing style he is comfortable with and work with that. I think he leant too heavily on Graham Jones for the overall strategic direction.

Fine if he wants a possession based style but he has to coach to it and be comfortable sending out his team to execute it. I will watch his progress with great interest.

So will I. Agreed on all that... love the guy and hope he has found his experience managing us beneficial to his future. To be fair we did a lot better under him than with the last two... three... four... bring back Fred Everiss!!!
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3904 on: April 06, 2019, 06:42:50 PM »
Walsall have just sacked Keates, would be great to see Big Dave get the job there so he can learn his craft....
MAGA!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3905 on: April 06, 2019, 06:52:26 PM »
Walsall have just sacked Keates, would be great to see Big Dave get the job there so he can learn his craft....

Damn straight. Well said.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3906 on: April 06, 2019, 07:13:31 PM »

They would be fortunate to get him. He’d do well there and, as you say, he’d be learning his craft, win, win for both parties
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3907 on: April 06, 2019, 07:22:02 PM »
I called this on another thread...brunt as player/captain/assistant
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3908 on: April 06, 2019, 07:33:29 PM »
I still think it’s a level too high for him, he should be starting in the non league and seeing how he gets on, much like a Tim Flowers.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3909 on: April 06, 2019, 07:36:28 PM »
I still think it’s a level too high for him, he should be starting in the non league and seeing how he gets on, much like a Tim Flowers.
Nonsense, he would do a great job there without Jones, and would get the backing he didn't get at the Albion.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3910 on: April 06, 2019, 07:39:08 PM »
Nonsense, he would do a great job there without Jones, and would get the backing he didn't get at the Albion.

Yes, because Walsall provide their managers with so much backing...

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3911 on: April 06, 2019, 07:44:20 PM »

I believe Darren has had more Head Coaching / Coaching experience at a higher level than Flowers, who I rate by the way
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3912 on: April 06, 2019, 07:54:18 PM »
Yes, because Walsall provide their managers with so much backing...
I'm on about the fans.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3913 on: April 07, 2019, 07:04:23 PM »
If he was without the so called backing of Jones, then perhaps he would have done better.
I feel that Jones had too much input about style of play etc.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3914 on: April 07, 2019, 07:14:29 PM »
If he was without the so called backing of Jones, then perhaps he would have done better.
I feel that Jones had too much input about style of play etc.

Youd have to assume so. Nothing in preseason pointed to the pathetic 3 at the back kamikaze football, nothing. Then Jones arrived.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3915 on: April 07, 2019, 07:18:53 PM »
Interesting that people think that DM could have performed better without GJ's influence, & yet DM was happy to wait for him. ( For some considerable time & including granting GJ permission to take a holiday before he joined us)

IMO GJ was a vital cog in DM's coaching & management team.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3916 on: April 07, 2019, 07:36:08 PM »
New manager imminent yet ? Thought not ! :(
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3917 on: April 07, 2019, 07:44:08 PM »
Interesting that people think that DM could have performed better without GJ's influence, & yet DM was happy to wait for him. ( For some considerable time & including granting GJ permission to take a holiday before he joined us)

I agree, fans will look for reasons to mitigate a club legends part in tactics that have been, at the very least, questionable.

But Jones and Darren go back along way in their playing days, room sharing and obtaining their coaching badges together I understand. They became good friends during their playing days at Doncaster, I read somewhere.

They both shared a footballing philosophy and culture and would talk long into the night when playing together about coaching etc.

Above all, they trusted each others judgement implicitly in all matters football. So, it is somewhat a slanted view, IMO, to point the figure at one partner in a joint venture that was to their mutual benefit and that of the clubs, albeit one was recognised as being senior in the management structure. If one had to leave then they would both leave, that was the strength of their relationship IMO.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3918 on: April 07, 2019, 07:49:31 PM »

IMO. Darren was doing quite well (end of Premier season and start of Championship season) then Jones came along and then things went t1ts up.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3919 on: April 07, 2019, 08:06:49 PM »
I agree, fans will look for reasons to mitigate a club legends part in tactics that have been, at the very least, questionable.

But Jones and Darren go back along way in their playing days, room sharing and obtaining their coaching badges together I understand. They became good friends during their playing days at Doncaster, I read somewhere.

They both shared a footballing philosophy and culture and would talk long into the night when playing together about coaching etc.

Above all, they trusted each others judgement implicitly in all matters football. So, it is somewhat a slanted view, IMO, to point the figure at one partner in a joint venture that was to their mutual benefit and that of the clubs, albeit one was recognised as being senior in the management structure. If one had to leave then they would both leave, that was the strength of their relationship IMO.

The only philosophy they shared at Albion belongs to Roberto Martinez, and I can't imagine Darren has had a great many dealings with him...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3920 on: April 07, 2019, 08:09:07 PM »
IMO. Darren was doing quite well (end of Premier season and start of Championship season) then Jones came along and then things went t1ts up.

That's how I see it too.
Not knocking Jones as such but I think DM got him in more because he doubted himself more than anything.

End of last season and a chunk of the first half of this seem to go towards that.

Mind you Harvey Barnes...........

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3921 on: April 07, 2019, 08:11:09 PM »

The only philosophy they shared at Albion belongs to Roberto Martinez, and I can't imagine Darren has had a great many dealings with him...

Perhaps you could elaborate on that with substantial facts and not just guess work based on a particular playing style that was utilised on occasions?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 08:15:48 PM by OldburyWBA »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3922 on: April 07, 2019, 08:13:31 PM »

Except........................... DM nominated Jones & was happy to wait for him, including giving him time to take a holiday after the world cup.
IMO, (from comments made by local football correspondents at the time) the person who propped up DM at the end of the EPL season & pre-season was the person who currently has the caretaker position.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3923 on: April 07, 2019, 08:16:54 PM »
Except........................... DM nominated Jones & was happy to wait for him, including giving him time to take a holiday after the world cup.
IMO, (from comments made by local football correspondents at the time) the person who propped up DM at the end of the EPL season & pre-season was the person who currently has the caretaker position.
Exactly that... NOT Jones

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3924 on: April 07, 2019, 08:49:00 PM »
Moore was pragmatic managing in the prem which was fair enough in terms of position and personnel and him wanting to make a good fist of it. I do think though that he realised what the fans thought at the end of the Pulis era and genuinely wanted to provide a more exciting team in the Championship. Barnes was signed pre season before Jones got here. It wasn't the case that Moore + Shan would have kept going with the pragmatism if Jones hadn't come in.  The question is whether we would have kept the 3 at the back as long and the playing out from the back as long.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill