Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 363277 times)

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #850 on: April 16, 2018, 09:08:49 AM »
He does look like he could score a hatful in the championship with a more mobile midfield behind him. He's one I hope we keep as I can see potential for him to become closer to the player he was a few years ago. 

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #851 on: April 16, 2018, 09:21:13 AM »
I hope the powers that be recognise we HAVE to try and keep him.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #852 on: April 16, 2018, 09:28:27 AM »
Absolutely no loyalty with footballers whatsoever these days, certain players owe us. i hope he stays
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #853 on: April 16, 2018, 09:47:57 AM »
Anyone notice that his goal came straight off the training ground?

We had an identical corner routine in the first half where Dawson won the header at the back post and put the ball across goal, Rodriguez was in the same position but didn't make the 3 yard run. He was visibily p1ssed with himself for not doing it.

Second half and Dawson wins the same header, this time JRod makes the run and puts it in the net.

Well done Moore, Dawson and JRod.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #854 on: April 16, 2018, 09:58:08 AM »
Hope Jay and a few others show the same loyalty and commitment that Fozzy has
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #855 on: April 16, 2018, 10:01:19 AM »
Anyone notice that his goal came straight off the training ground?

We had an identical corner routine in the first half where Dawson won the header at the back post and put the ball across goal, Rodriguez was in the same position but didn't make the 3 yard run. He was visibily p1ssed with himself for not doing it.

Second half and Dawson wins the same header, this time JRod makes the run and puts it in the net.

Well done Moore, Dawson and JRod.

And Nemanja Matic  ;D
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #856 on: April 16, 2018, 10:06:44 AM »
He played really well yesterday and although is no world beater, he is a solid Premier league player who I think would do well in the Championship. He's on a long deal so as long as he doesn't have a release clause, I can see him sticking around next year. If clubs were to come in for him, with the length of time left remaining on his deal, we could and should demand £20m plus. If a bid of that size did come in though, we should let him go as he will be 29 in the summer.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #857 on: April 16, 2018, 10:15:33 AM »
I thought he was outstanding yesterday. The last ten games or so he's really improved . He had a terrible injury and maybe he's only really got back to what he was of late.

As others have said we need to keep either him or Rondon next season either of them are more than capable of 20 goals.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #858 on: April 16, 2018, 10:24:07 AM »
He may also be emerging from the shackles of a former Head Coach's "football" philosophy as well as approaching a level of fitness after long injury lay offs
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #859 on: April 16, 2018, 10:29:15 AM »
He may also be emerging from the shackles of a former Head Coach's "football" philosophy as well as approaching a level of fitness after long injury lay offs

I'm not sure whether you are talking about Pulis or Pardew but it seems clear from what the players are saying that they couldn't stand Pardew and didn't know what they were meant to be doing on the pitch. Can't say I blame them I could never understand what we were supposed to be doing either. Bloody atrocious manager Pardew was.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #860 on: April 16, 2018, 10:32:48 AM »

I think the point concerning fitness certainly has merits. Earlier in the season, for me, he didn't look particularly mobile which did appear to be hampering him significantly. I do feel we would see a different player in the Championship next season and he would be a goal machine at that level

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #861 on: April 16, 2018, 12:47:56 PM »
 I see that Chris Hughton bongs manager is disappointed with the decision in some way,why's that I wonder?
Can't he accept the decision without commenting further?
Let it go man,its over,not proven.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #862 on: April 17, 2018, 09:24:07 AM »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #863 on: April 17, 2018, 10:34:18 AM »
I haven't been a fan for much of this season but can't deny that our 2 best performances were also his.
Think we will cash in in the summer, will probably even turn a profit, but won't be too disappointed if he is part of our assault on the Championship next year.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #864 on: April 17, 2018, 12:51:47 PM »
I haven't been a fan for much of this season but can't deny that our 2 best performances were also his.
Think we will cash in in the summer, will probably even turn a profit, but won't be too disappointed if he is part of our assault on the Championship next year.

I would be delighted to see him with us next year. He is our highest scorer this year despite having fewer games and being pushed out of position
However I do think someone will take him off us

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #865 on: April 17, 2018, 05:43:41 PM »
If we can keep just one of him or Rondon this summer we will, I believe, have a 20+ goalscorer in the Championship.  Five players stated to have release clauses, four to my knowledge have been leaked to the media (Evans, Dawson, Chadli, Rondon) I suspect the 5th is either Rodriguez or Livermore, hope it's the latter.
"This crack is really moreish."

WBASweden

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #866 on: April 17, 2018, 05:45:06 PM »
If we can keep just one of him or Rondon this summer we will, I believe, have a 20+ goalscorer in the Championship.  Five players stated to have release clauses, four to my knowledge have been leaked to the media (Evans, Dawson, Chadli, Rondon) I suspect the 5th is either Rodriguez or Livermore, hope it's the latter.

I thought it only were 4 players?

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #867 on: April 18, 2018, 07:05:51 PM »
I see Bong has come out in the press and again has accused Jay of calling him black. the FA must take action, the football club should be making their feelings clear to the governing body and Jay should pursue leagal action.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 07:48:25 PM by kirk »
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

mifos

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #868 on: April 18, 2018, 07:31:06 PM »
I see Bong has come out in the press and again has accused Jay of calling him black. If the FA must take action, the football club should be making their feelings clear to the governing body and Jay should pursue leagal action.

Err, he is black ...

He needs to let it go.  Clearly made a false allegation in the heat if the moment and can't back down now without looking bad

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #869 on: April 18, 2018, 08:01:44 PM »
The case is ‘non proven’ and yet Jay is still being called a liar. A job for your legal team, Jay. You shouldn’t have to put up with this nonsense any longer

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #870 on: April 18, 2018, 09:49:54 PM »
Chris Hughton is generally respected but he's been out of order commenting on this after the FA outcome. It's one man's word against another with no proof either way, any comments especially from managers should have stopped with the verdict.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #871 on: April 19, 2018, 01:16:06 AM »
What annoys me about Bong is that within a few days of making the allegation, he was putting stuff out on social media about being "the black panther". It's like, you just accused someone of calling you black and now you're saying stuff about being black...seems like you're the one with the colour issues, no one else!

It's been handled well by Jay, just hope everyone can move on and forget it.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #872 on: April 19, 2018, 10:51:36 AM »
I wouldn't recommend reading the Brighton fans forum about this topic. Complete and utter delusion by most.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #873 on: April 19, 2018, 12:30:20 PM »
I wouldn't recommend reading the Brighton fans forum about this topic. Complete and utter delusion by most.

I don't know about anyone else but I have no intention of reading it.

It's over and done with and it's taking up no more of my time / life. If Bong can't let it go it's his problem and his life he's letting it control.

Let him get on with it.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #874 on: April 19, 2018, 12:52:55 PM »
I see Bong has come out in the press and again has accused Jay of calling him black. the FA must take action, the football club should be making their feelings clear to the governing body and Jay should pursue leagal action.

He's 'advised' by the same PR/communications/media company as Saido Berahino.

Just saying.........

http://www.polaris-media.co.uk/clients
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.