Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 360904 times)

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #800 on: April 13, 2018, 05:18:04 PM »
Great news for Jay & the club, good to see other character witnesses for Jay as well.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #801 on: April 13, 2018, 05:26:22 PM »
Good news, Common sense prevails.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #802 on: April 13, 2018, 05:39:21 PM »
It's a shame he wasn't exonerated rather than the charge being not proven.

Still, he's in the clear that's the bottom line.
Suspect that verdict may be to stop Jay and his legal advisors from launching a counter claim against Bong , not good enough IMO as there is clearly no evidence of racism
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #803 on: April 13, 2018, 06:26:25 PM »
Never doubted the lad
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #804 on: April 13, 2018, 06:34:35 PM »
If I were Rodriguez, I'd sue Bong for that. 'Good faith' is not enough I'm afraid, you should only accuse someone if you're certain, which he clearly wasn't. 'Good faith' or not, it's not good enough.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #805 on: April 13, 2018, 06:36:03 PM »
 â€œNot Proven” is when a “jury” do not believe the accused is innocent, yet feel there is not enough evidence to convict. It is a third option, mainly applied in Scottish Law.

I’m really pleased for Jay, but wonder what his feelings are and the same would apply to Song.

In the final analysis, both parties must accept the judgement and move on.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #806 on: April 13, 2018, 06:57:32 PM »
“Not Proven” is when a “jury” do not believe the accused is innocent, yet feel there is not enough evidence to convict. It is a third option, mainly applied in Scottish Law.

I’m really pleased for Jay, but wonder what his feelings are and the same would apply to Song.

In the final analysis, both parties must accept the judgement and move on.

That is the law though not the F.A.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #807 on: April 13, 2018, 07:03:45 PM »
I think it is important to remember that the ruling committe were not looking at this case in the criminal court sense and so criminal court rules do not apply.

You can ignore the "case not proven " lines etc, they had a remit only to find out if there was enough evidence for him to be found guilty and evidentialy their wasn't.

It is possible that Bong, with English as his 2nd language, genuinely believes Rodriguez racially abused him. Only he will know how ceetain he is however.

Personally, I feel the alledged wording "your black and your breath smells" is so clunky that is is unlikely anyone would say it, let alone an English footballer who knows how muchhe would be throwing away.

The panel eventually came to a good decision, it was 1 persons word against anotherand that should not be enough to convict someone.

Im glad it is over.

Boing Boing

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #808 on: April 13, 2018, 07:10:05 PM »

That is the law though not the F.A.

Why would the FA not take advantage of a judgement, whether it be Scottish Law or otherwise, to vindicate both parties and apply a fair and reasonable solution to this sorry tale, where there can be no winners in reality. I consider it to be a sensible approach.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #809 on: April 13, 2018, 07:44:16 PM »
Why would the FA not take advantage of a judgement, whether it be Scottish Law or otherwise, to vindicate both parties and apply a fair and reasonable solution to this sorry tale, where there can be no winners in reality. I consider it to be a sensible approach.

Think you've summed it up, unless someone heard the "conversation" there's no way of proving what was said.

I think I saw somewhere that the judgement was based on the "balance of probability" concept. I would imagine that the people who testified positively on Jay's behalf, would have swing the "balance of probability" firmly in his direction.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #810 on: April 13, 2018, 07:57:50 PM »
I imagine that Bong could be charged with a offense for discussing the case and making allegations in the French media. Equally, Rodriguez could take private action for defamation for the same reason but I suspect nothing more will happen and it will be forgotten by everyone before the season ends.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #811 on: April 13, 2018, 08:07:05 PM »
Hopefully that will be that now. I imagine they've both learned something from it. Jay will probably think twice before trying to get a fellow professional to react in order to get one over during a match.

Very happy for the lad, I imagine that would have been ticking away in the back of his mind.

For Bong to have gone to the media before the police, I think that's disgusting. If there was a genuine problem he should have reported it and let action take its course, not go public and try to get him done. This type of thing sticks with someone.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #812 on: April 13, 2018, 08:36:33 PM »
BONG Still at it on Twitter blaming the Lack Of Evidence For J-Rod not to get charged but saying he has apologised
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #813 on: April 13, 2018, 10:23:39 PM »
BONG Still at it on Twitter blaming the Lack Of Evidence For J-Rod not to get charged but saying he has apologised

he should move on just everybody should. Done.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #814 on: April 13, 2018, 10:31:00 PM »
Really pleased for J-Rod

Personally, I feel the alledged wording "your black and your breath smells" is so clunky that is is unlikely anyone would say it, let alone an English footballer who knows how muchhe would be throwing away.

If that's what J-Rod allegedly said then he most probably said, "Move back, your breath smells" and Bong misheard it in the heat of the moment.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #815 on: April 13, 2018, 10:46:55 PM »
Bong should have measures against him

Firstly after he had raised the issue , he went on to French sport television and said "he said what he said to me because of the colour of my skin"
So not only potentially prejudicing any hearing.....but the idiot was also saying that JRod said something (non racist) but his assumption was it was due to the colour of his skin
Secondly the tit has now it social proclaiming that JRod apologised, clearly because he doesn't want to look even more stupid

This whole episode would surely have had some sort of effect on our player, for that alone Pongy Bongy should pay a fine.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

dan7heman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #816 on: April 14, 2018, 12:29:19 AM »
For once common sense prevailed. End of a non story... Hope he stays for next season, will tear it up in chumpionship.
It is a mistake to theorize before one has the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #817 on: April 14, 2018, 05:06:15 AM »
Interesting to read on the BBC website that Bong also contradicted the referee’s version of what he (Bong) said to the ref.

I realise that I am biased in Rodriguez’ favour as he’s our player, but Bong’s entire approach to this suggests to me that he was trying it on to get Rodriguez into trouble during the game and the situation has got out of control. Subsequently he has had to go along with his lie or back down and look a berk.

Whatever though it’s good that Rodriguez is in the clear now.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #818 on: April 14, 2018, 06:52:35 AM »
Fantastic news. Never once doubted the lad

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #819 on: April 14, 2018, 09:00:10 AM »
Reading the fa comments doesn’t sound cleared they basically said Bong was right but cannot prove it, which also questions why he got charged in the first place with no evidence. If I was Jay I would take legal action against Bong for his French tv comments and the fa for definmation of character
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Wollastonbaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #820 on: April 14, 2018, 09:35:45 AM »
Does anyone know if the FA has used the phrase "not proven" before  or is this the first time? As has been said before the term is used in Scotland to avoid coming up with a "not guilty" verdict, which might innocence. If the F A has used the term before as well as "not guilty" it would give some indication of their thoughts on the matter.

mifos

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #821 on: April 14, 2018, 10:16:26 AM »
Really pleased for J-Rod

If that's what J-Rod allegedly said then he most probably said, "Move back, your breath smells" and Bong misheard it in the heat of the moment.

I think Bong actually knew just telling the ref JR had said his breath stinks would get no action from the ref. so bringing in a racial element would get the ref. to take notice. Once he'd made the accusation he couldn't retract it without looking like he'd played the race card. JRs version of what was said just sounds more natural and believable.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #822 on: April 14, 2018, 10:32:16 AM »
It seems to me that this Bong fella is very thin skinned.
Jrod,not guilty common sense prevails.

andibaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #823 on: April 14, 2018, 12:03:47 PM »
Been reading a thread on a BHA forum and they still support their man but there is a great point on there.

Why would a speaker of the English language say ‘you’re black and you stink’ they would phase it more like ‘you black...’.

I have only seen the videos of Jay and what he mouthed and for me it was ‘your f*in breath stinks’.

Really pleased is been dismissed.
Baggiessssssssssssssssssssssssssss....

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #824 on: April 14, 2018, 01:49:26 PM »
Interesting:

What the referee said
Martin Atkinson wrote an extraordinary incident report and also made a witness statement to the FA.

In his evidence, he said: "In the 58th minute as I awarded a goal kick to Brighton, I was aware of a coming together of two players, Bong and Rodriguez.

"As I approached the two players, Bong pointed at Rodriguez and said to me: 'He has been racist.'

"That is when alarm bells started ringing in my head and I knew I needed to speak to the players.

"Bong was insistent that Rodriguez had said something racist. Bong was talking quickly and was clearly upset about he thought had heard.

"Bong told me that JR had said the word 'black' and then something else, but it was not clear what GB said as he was talking so fast and with such emotion."

After the match, Atkinson spoke further to Bong. The FA reported Atkinson as saying Bong "did not appear upset or angry, just certain and insistent about what had happened".

The FA also said that in cross examination Bong said that "he did not say the words 'black something' to the referee, nor did he tell the referee that he had been called a black anything".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/43744840

Scroll through the link for Jay Rodriguez's statement.........
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.