Author Topic: Tony Pulis  (Read 5164735 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Tony Pulis
« Reply #15400 on: August 06, 2017, 09:53:56 AM »
It was a bonus remember. So extra cash, he just needs to give it back.

The bonus was £2m but the court awarded Palace aggravated damages and costs which took the bill to over £5m. He is unlikely to have that to hand so he needs the money, yes he's had a long management career but most of it was before the big money arrived in the game.  He won't walk.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15401 on: August 06, 2017, 09:56:41 AM »
If he was thinking of walking why would he talk his old friend sir Gary out of retirement to be his assistant? Hope he does thougj

To give him a leg up to the caretakers job?

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15402 on: August 06, 2017, 09:57:55 AM »
The bonus was £2m but the court awarded Palace aggravated damages and costs which took the bill to over £5m. He is unlikely to have that to hand so he needs the money, yes he's had a long management career but most of it was before the big money arrived in the game.  He won't walk.

I'm sure he won't have to pay it all back in one go regardless.

(I don't think he'll walk either. Just run out his contract)

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15403 on: August 06, 2017, 10:33:35 AM »
Of corse he can afford to. The blokes worth millions. Look how long he's been doing this for and the last few contracts he's had. The palace thing is rubbish for him yes but I'm sure can afford it.

Dont think ill ever see him shopping in Lidl or Aldi thats for sure. 

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15404 on: August 06, 2017, 10:56:00 AM »
Dont think ill ever see him shopping in Lidl or Aldi thats for sure.
no that's Albion when it comes to transfers  ;)

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #15405 on: August 06, 2017, 11:13:43 AM »
no that's Albion when it comes to transfers  ;)

You're joking aren't you?

We're trying to shop in Kwik-Save despite it being closed 20 years.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

tommi

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15406 on: August 06, 2017, 12:16:02 PM »
I don't think I ever remember seeing such a large majority of fans (and I mean proper fans not just twitter moaners) have such a lack of excitement for a new season.

Pulis is driving people away.
West Bromwich Albion F.C. - Founded 1879

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #15407 on: August 06, 2017, 12:28:42 PM »
I don't think I ever remember seeing such a large majority of fans (and I mean proper fans not just twitter moaners) have such a lack of excitement for a new season.

Those who've decided there's absolutely no point getting worked up about it have had a Bostin summer  ;D. Roll on Saturday!

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15408 on: August 06, 2017, 12:37:48 PM »

I'd say it's lack of new signings rather than Pulis.
the regime don't like it man

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15409 on: August 06, 2017, 01:22:19 PM »
I'd say it's lack of new signings rather than Pulis.

Ultimately I'd say it was Pulis. Any new attacking signings soon get it coached out of them.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15410 on: August 06, 2017, 01:29:02 PM »
We ended last season in definite relegation form and yet we've done virtually nothing to address the problem. If Pulis wasn't so desperate for cash after his court case I am sure he would have walked by now. Our wonderful club is in a total mess.

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #15411 on: August 06, 2017, 02:07:52 PM »
Pulis will blame anyone but himself for this season we are about to witness.

After six months was time the club should have said thank you and good bye. 

Pulis and the greed league has destroyed our club and I dont think there is a way back.

I honesty believe having watched a few of the work outs this season for us will be a blood bath.

We could not score against a Pepe Mel team says it all, and well done Pep you were never given a chance.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15412 on: August 06, 2017, 02:25:28 PM »

Pulis and the greed league has destroyed our club and I dont think there is a way back.

I honesty believe having watched a few of the work outs this season for us will be a blood bath.

We could not score against a Pepe Mel team says it all, and well done Pep you were never given a chance.

Pepe who couldn't be arsed to turn up half the time and wasn't respected by the players at all. Thank God he wasn't given a chance we'd probably be in League 1 by now!

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15413 on: August 06, 2017, 02:27:07 PM »
Ultimately I'd say it was Pulis. Any new attacking signings soon get it coached out of them.

Disagree, when he hit his stride Matty Phillips looked a threat everytime he played before getting injured. So did Chadli before getting injured (Spurs fans warned us he's very inconsistent and sometimes it's like playing with ten men). I think J Rod will be a key player for us this season, hopefully another winger to come in.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #15414 on: August 06, 2017, 02:33:36 PM »
You're joking aren't you?

We're trying to shop in Kwik-Save despite it being closed 20 years.

They're still one in West Brom :)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #15415 on: August 06, 2017, 03:57:14 PM »
Disagree, when he hit his stride Matty Phillips looked a threat everytime he played before getting injured. So did Chadli before getting injured (Spurs fans warned us he's very inconsistent and sometimes it's like playing with ten men). I think J Rod will be a key player for us this season, hopefully another winger to come in.
Agreed, I just hope these players can stay fit. It's not rocket science to work out and it's not Pulis' coaching....if your squad is thin and your best attacker gets injured and Chadli misfiring, any cutting edge is suddenly badly blunted.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #15416 on: August 06, 2017, 04:12:29 PM »
We need a central midfielder with pace,a tackle and can pass and then move not wait in the same position for the ball to come straight back.

You need that to feed the wings quickly and put the ball to feet or in front of them to run on to not a centre have with a nine iron on his boot. Creating space to exploit rather than a big crowd like I played at school, professional players should being kick and run.

We need proper full backs who can support wide players and overlap to stretch the opposition.

Finally we need that loud mouth to shut up and allow the team to play football, rather than keeping to their boxes and set positions.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #15417 on: August 06, 2017, 04:16:02 PM »

Completely agree with you on this Throstletown. Admittedly only based on the end of last seasons tired performances and this pre season which as we understand is mostly about fitness and prep, I still have not seen any evidence of how we can set up or even how we can attempt to compete in Prem matches this season. We have shown very little effective organisation and even less skill. We have created hardly any chances and have shown hardly any improvement in finishing. I am not  suggesting that JRod and Hegazi are poor signings but it seems that the rest of this team has degenerated enough to negate any improvements these two might have brought.  I really hope I am totally wrong but I am seriously concerned that if he stays long enough, this season will end Pulis' no relegation record.  The only hope is for some more signings of the quality of the first two and a consistent and fit  Foster, Evans, Phillips and Chadli to go with them backed by the ard work of the less talented - and a great deal of good fortune.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #15418 on: August 06, 2017, 04:31:41 PM »
What have we achieved since the last third of last season?
Nothing!
The friendlies have not worked out, we are still using his tactics which are just failing.
With him around we will just stagnate and flounder.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15419 on: August 06, 2017, 05:20:11 PM »
PULIS HAS NEVER BEEN RELEGATED but there's always a first time >:(

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #15420 on: August 06, 2017, 07:12:44 PM »
I genuinely like and respect Tony Pulis, November to February was some of the best times watching in Albion in the premier league.
I think he's built a decent first 11 and whilst we can all be frustrated by the British net he signs players from we must accept that he's always been the same, the club knew this when he was appointed so I put the blame on the lack of transfers solely on the club. I do think Pulis has to take responsibility for the last 2 season collapse at the end but I think the players need to take some, mix that with tough fixtures and a lack of confidence then it wasn't that surprising.

Will we go down this season under Pulis? Not a chance.
We will progress and make a cup final?
Not a chance.

However I genuinely believe Pulis has to go, no matter what this leads to he has to go, the club is like poison at the moment, there's clear unrest behind the scenes and the fans are at each other's throats 24/7 (see any Facebook page or this forum).
That way we can hopefully all unite behind a new coach and then see if we can play entertaining football, sign European players and survive in the greed league.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #15421 on: August 06, 2017, 08:59:06 PM »

Not really,

Before his knock when he came to us he was played in the middle just behind rondon... creating chances and scoring goals.

After the injury he was put on the wing and made to do something he just cant do... get back and constantly cover the full back.

That's not the injury, that's pulis' choice.

Hopefully with Rodriguez and Phillips fit we will see chadli playing where he can be effective for us this season which is just behind the striker.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #15422 on: August 06, 2017, 09:35:12 PM »
We win Saturday all be loving our Tony  :D

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15423 on: August 06, 2017, 09:39:39 PM »
We win Saturday all be loving our Tony  :D

Doubt that, it'd probably all be down to the influence of Sir G  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #15424 on: August 06, 2017, 10:26:57 PM »
Pulis left Palace because he wasn't backed in the transfer market. Surely history will repeat itself if the story is the same.