Author Topic: 25 Nov 2023 Albion 2 Ipswich Town 0  (Read 8377 times)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #150 on: November 25, 2023, 09:59:07 PM »
Best 90mins of the season so far. Made the most of getting off to a great start. Mom very difficult but I think I’d go with Mowatt or Phillips despite that miss !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #151 on: November 25, 2023, 10:20:04 PM »
First game in nearly a year that I've seen in-person, and what a good, professional performance. Very much kept Ipswich at arm's length even when we supposedly had a "wobbl" in the first half. Only times they even got near us were down to our own-doing.

Controlled the second half very well after a great counter-attack - it's so easy to muck up a 4v2.

Shame Phillips decided to clear his chance back where it came from - he was excellent apart from that one blip.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #152 on: November 25, 2023, 11:40:10 PM »
One of the best performances of the season. Our pressing was outstanding. We have a very good squad. Look at the bench today. We also have a great manger. Play offs is more than achievable.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2023, 12:02:57 AM »
Average league, average teams, we are not using the youngsters, tactics are staid, substitutions are late and weak, we totally deserve where we are languishing in the play off places having totally outplayed a top three team….Corberan out!
Are you aware of the mess we are in we are not languishing in the Play Offs we're in them. Are you one of the moaners on Instagram and YouTube demanding Carlos out.
Realise it is Irony
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 12:11:12 AM by BaggieBoy04 »
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2023, 12:12:46 AM »
Excellent Last night everyone pressed and kept shape really well, Ipswich didn't look like they had the most potent attack in the league. We Schooled them Carlos is Excellent these players are doing well superb.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2023, 12:43:53 AM »
Are you aware of the mess we are in we are not languishing in the Play Offs we're in them. Are you one of the moaners on Instagram and YouTube demanding Carlos out.
Realise it is Irony

Oh dear! It's gone right over your head hasn't it?  ::)

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2023, 01:42:38 AM »
Oh dear! It's gone right over your head hasn't it?  ::)
apart from the end where it says “realise it is irony”… funny that that went over YOUR head  :P

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2023, 04:16:54 AM »
apart from the end where it says “realise it is irony”… funny that that went over YOUR head  :P

Ha ha. Yeah must've. Sure that line wasn't present at the time.  :)

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2023, 07:42:48 AM »
Ipswich town fans gracious about us on Twitter said we are the best team they have played this season.

McKenna seems to believe it was the fact they had 2 weeks off and a 530pm kick off that didn't help them but begrudgingly gave us some credit towards end of his interview
It was a game of two coaches. As I’ve said before McKenna looks a great young prospect of a manager who I’m sure will get a crack at a bigger club. However, tonight’s master tactician is CC. Well played. It just demonstrates how technical football can be as we made a team that’s been on fire and unstoppable in attack look as though their flame had gone out.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 08:44:33 AM by Blowee »

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2023, 08:37:35 AM »
Superb performance and result. A tactical masterclass I thought. Some excellent displays from people who I thought were done here, e.g. Kipre, Mowatt and Phillips. Loved it!

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2023, 08:45:59 AM »
Superb performance and result. A tactical masterclass I thought. Some excellent displays from people who I thought were done here, e.g. Kipre, Mowatt and Phillips. Loved it!
Phillips must have been drinking from the fountain of youth. He looks like the player we had about 5 years ago!

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #161 on: November 26, 2023, 09:33:45 AM »
Best Baggies performance for a long time and let’s hope that display becomes consistent starting on Tuesday night at Cardiff (Sky Red Button)
A win would take us level on points with Leeds but still a distance behind Ipswich and Leicester.
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #162 on: November 26, 2023, 09:38:24 AM »
Tractors manager Kieran McKenna said our team were technically very advanced with many of our players having Premiership experience. 
Got me wondering exactly how many of our players on the pitch yesterday actually have experienced the Premier League?
West Brom 2023/24

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2023, 09:49:40 AM »
Tractors manager Kieran McKenna said our team were technically very advanced with many of our players having Premiership experience. 
Got me wondering exactly how many of our players on the pitch yesterday actually have experienced the Premier League?

At least 6 of the starting 11 have with us. Bartley, Furlong, Townsend, Yokuslu, Phillips, Diangana.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2023, 10:18:40 AM »
He also then added 'or top experienced Championship players' which Wallace and Swift would come under.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2023, 10:57:30 AM »
It was a game of two coaches. As I’ve said before McKenna looks a great young prospect of a manager who I’m sure will get a crack at a bigger club. However, tonight’s master tactician is CC. Well played. It just demonstrates how technical football can be as we made a team that’s been on fire and unstoppable in attack look as though their flame had gone out.

I've seen Ipswich a few times and they haven't impressed me as a 2ndplace team. More a team that's flying on the back of confidence. They lost to Leeds, they are yet to play Leicester and only beat Southampton 1-0 early on in the season when the Saints were all over the gaff.

Ipswich will know they were outclassed today now they have met a genuinely good champo side. 2-0 flatters them.

All CC has to do is stick with what he's doing and we will beat the majority of sides in this division with the players we have. Happy with CC and the players performance yesterday.

We don't need CC trying to re-invent the wheel and I think he's clocked onto that himself too.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2023, 11:12:36 AM »
Ipswich are a good side as borne out by the number of points they have. They more than met their match yesterday and both the team and the manager deserve full credit for that.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2023, 12:43:23 PM »
That was a joy to watch. Just a great team performance where nobody played badly and everyone was full of energy and 100% motivated. The defence was rock solid throughout. Two great goals and a wonderful clearance off the line by Matty (it was THEIR line, but we'll overlook that minor detail) were the icing on the cake. Corberan is a genius and we are very lucky to have him.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2023, 12:52:33 PM »
Really complete performance, solid at the back and quick and decisive on the counter. We played some really nice stuff.
It looked like Ipswich had targeted the left side as being our weak point but Townsend and Phiilips were excellent in snuffing out any attacks.
Have to say I was surprised at how little Ipswich created,  I was expecting much more of a challenge but that was mostly down to how we dominated play.
Thankfully we didn't back off so much when we scored which had been an issue in previous games.
Everyone played well, including the subs. Swift was looking to get involved and create things just as he had been doing before his injury.
Was nice to chat with Mark W as well!

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2023, 01:53:45 PM »
Quote from: Hull Baggie link=topic=28206.msg917857#msg917857 date=1701003081

[b
Thankfully we didn't back off so much when we scored which had been an issue in previous games.[/b]

Spot on Hull!
Continuing to attack and press Ipswich was so very different as in previous games where will tried to sit deep often resulting in the opposition scoring. I’ve always followed the mantra ‘Attack is the best form of defence’
West Brom 2023/24

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #170 on: November 26, 2023, 05:01:31 PM »
Was expecting more from Ipswich, but that must be down to how hard we as a team worked. Every player worked their socks off. Think CC clearly did his homework and got the tactics spot on. And managed as well to ease Swift, Sarmiento and Maja back into the frame. Thought Furlong was outstanding aside from his goal. His all round game on the ball has improved. Also Phillips, even if he must have won Miss of the Season award. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2023, 10:45:42 AM »
was a terrible ref

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2023, 11:30:56 AM »
In the Vine before the match we said we would have taken a draw before kick off.  We were helped by the early goal for sure but I did not think the ever troubled us seriously.  We are starting to look very solid in midfield and in defence.  We need to get and keep our strikers fit.  It was halfway through the second half that it dawned on me that Ipswich had not actually had a shot on target.  That is the measure as to how solid we are.  Have not enjoyed a match so much for ages.  Even the Ipswich fans started singing we've got the ball towards the end, such was our dominance.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2023, 02:08:12 PM »
I'd have taken a draw before kick off so was delighted to take away the three points.

That was as complete a performance I've seen from an Albion side in a long while.

Full credit to the coaching staff and the players.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #174 on: November 27, 2023, 02:20:44 PM »
I'd have taken a draw before kick off so was delighted to take away the three points.

That was as complete a performance I've seen from an Albion side in a long while.

Full credit to the coaching staff and the players.

Exactly my thoughts as you staggered away from the bar in the Sportsman after the game on Saturday. 'There goes Liam, he looks absolutely 'delighted'' I said to myself. Hic  ;D  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.