Author Topic: Grady Diangana  (Read 278249 times)

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Grady Diangana
« Reply #1500 on: July 23, 2023, 09:53:23 PM »
I think his best option is to play well for us and then look for some form of transfer.  I doubt very much any premiership team will come in for him.  This is a player who was not a regular starter for us in the Championship.  Some top half championship clubs may well come in for him, but will only be interested if the price is right IMO.  Best option, play well strengthen his value and then move.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1501 on: July 28, 2023, 05:29:19 PM »
"Tom Collomosse

@TomCollomosse
Leicester and Burnley among the clubs who are keeping an eye on Grady Diangana. Winger joined West Brom permanently in 2020. #wba #lcfc"

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1502 on: July 29, 2023, 12:56:57 PM »
I would take half what we paid plus add ons.

Absolutely great when arrived but has been a shadow of that player after his first lengthy injury with us.

Still young enough to do great, but not with us I fear.

I doubt he will fulfill his potential the further north he goes.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1503 on: July 29, 2023, 01:36:54 PM »
I would take half what we paid plus add ons.

Absolutely great when arrived but has been a shadow of that player after his first lengthy injury with us.

Still young enough to do great, but not with us I fear.

I doubt he will fulfill his potential the further north he goes.

I’m only guessing but I’d say there is a fat chance of that kind of fee. His value has plummeted, his confidence is crushed and his stats are appalling.

Knowing what the Brain Trust is like atm behind the scenes, it’s going to be no more than 3 million.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1504 on: July 29, 2023, 03:14:46 PM »
I’m only guessing but I’d say there is a fat chance of that kind of fee. His value has plummeted, his confidence is crushed and his stats are appalling.

Knowing what the Brain Trust is like atm behind the scenes, it’s going to be no more than 3 million.
So either his value has actually plummeted or the brain trust can’t command a correct fee ?
At what point do we agree that Lai has made mistakes but it’s not Lai that has pulled out of challenges,been constantly “injured” and generally lived off a loan reputation 3 years ago
If someone offered 3m brains or not I’d rip their arms off and get Barry and Livermore to sort the Uber.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1505 on: July 31, 2023, 10:05:35 PM »
Some Leicester transfer twitter account saying they are offering 4.5m + add ons but we want 5m at least.

He's only got about 500 followers though

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1506 on: July 31, 2023, 10:09:51 PM »
Some Leicester transfer twitter account saying they are offering 4.5m + add ons but we want 5m at least.

He's only got about 500 followers though
I’ll accept on the clubs behalf
Since that knock at blues he’s been nowhere near his best..sell move on .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1507 on: August 01, 2023, 12:59:34 AM »
Yeah, best to take some money, save some wages and he can have a fresh start somewhere else.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1508 on: August 01, 2023, 07:28:48 AM »
£4.5m would be good business for a player who has not turned up for three years.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1509 on: August 01, 2023, 07:55:24 AM »
I'd be very surprised if we got near that kind of amount for Diangana. In the cold light of day he's only ever had one good partial season in his career (where he only actually started 23 games, and even then was off form in the second half of the season), indeed he's never started more than half the games in a season. I'd expect a Robinson kind of fee for him except Robinson was a much more proven quantity at this level than Diangana has ever been.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1510 on: August 01, 2023, 12:25:03 PM »
Our numpties will want what we paid for him back
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1511 on: August 01, 2023, 12:48:26 PM »
The way we are going we will sell the whole squad and use the Shrine as a car park. Definitely make more money  that way.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1512 on: August 01, 2023, 05:59:24 PM »
Hopefully it's true that a Saudi team is in for him along with Leicester, Burnley and Leeds interested.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1513 on: August 01, 2023, 06:03:54 PM »
The way we are going we will sell the whole squad and use the Shrine as a car park. Definitely make more money  that way.
Thank God for that…this forum was in danger of becoming mildly positive.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1514 on: August 01, 2023, 06:10:25 PM »
If there are multiple clubs showing interest I'd say it's long odds on he will be leaving.

Personally, I can't wait! PLEASE let a deal go through with someone.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1515 on: August 01, 2023, 06:14:50 PM »
Update from Express on Star.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2023/08/01/english-trio-and-saudis-show-interest-in-west-broms-grady-diangana/

Burnley, Leicester City and Leeds United as well as clubs from Saudi Arabia are interested in Albion winger Grady Diangana.

Grady Diangana is subject of interest of a host of English clubs and abroad .

The 25-year-old, who is currently working his way back to fitness with a return to training later in August, is a target for several clubs as Albion look to bring in funds.

The winger, an initial £12million rising to £18million recruit in 2020, is believed to be valued at around £7million by the club.

Premier League new-boys Burnley have Diangana on their radar, but it is understood the Albion man is not top of the Clarets' wanted list.

Leicester and Leeds, both preparing for a Championship campaign, are also suitors.

There is also more surprising interest from the big-spending football contingent in Saudi Arabia, who are keen to bring British players to their game among some of the leading world stars.

It is thought Albion would be open to offers for the winger, who with everybody fit last season found himself behind Jed Wallace and Matt Phillips in Albion's winger pecking order.

The club are still looking to raise funds having moved Dara O'Shea on for £7m. Goalkeeper David Button could also seal an exit to Reading, if and when the Royals' transfer embargo ends. The club are looking to lower the wage bill while funds could go towards recruits in the final month of the window.

Albion are not looking to lose players who are high up in head coach Corberan's plans after a move for keeper Palmer, which broke down, initially rocked Championship preparations last weekend.

Former West Ham starlet Diangana has struggled for form at times since making his move to The Hawthorns permanent in 2020. He missed the final few months of last season with a foot injury.

If we get him away for £7m that would be a bit coup. I am dumbfounded why there is the reported interest unless of course it is an agent pulling bids off the wall.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1516 on: August 01, 2023, 06:15:32 PM »
Thank God for that…this forum was in danger of becoming mildly positive.

Quality, mate!
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1517 on: August 01, 2023, 06:22:49 PM »
Much as I like Grady, if a Saudi club were interested, that could solve alot of problems. They have more money than sense so it would just need some good PR and clever negotiating.   
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1518 on: August 01, 2023, 06:30:07 PM »
Much as I like Grady, if a Saudi club were interested, that could solve alot of problems. They have more money than sense so it would just need some good PR and clever negotiating.

Based on our previous dealings with Middle Eastern Clubs, I would avoid them like the plague.

High transfer fees don't help that much if you don't get paid.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1519 on: August 01, 2023, 06:34:53 PM »
Leeds, Leicester, Burnley are all flush with cash, if they are after him and Saudi club involved then it should push up his value considerably. Obviously he is not worth what we paid for him, £12m guaranteed I think. But with football inflation adding 10% minimum onto fees each summer and cash rich clubs interested I would hope we get a good deal. I think we should be asking for more than £7m.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1520 on: August 01, 2023, 06:36:03 PM »
Wolves are bidding more than £20m for Adam Scott from Bristol City. Crazy amount of money flowing around.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1521 on: August 01, 2023, 06:38:42 PM »
Wolves are bidding more than £20m for Adam Scott from Bristol City. Crazy amount of money flowing around.

I thought Bournemouth were the only team to agree a fee for him (today)

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1522 on: August 01, 2023, 06:45:18 PM »
Based on our previous dealings with Middle Eastern Clubs, I would avoid them like the plague.

High transfer fees don't help that much if you don't get paid.
But a whole string of top flight clubs have sold to Middle East clubs. I assume they got paid, otherwise there would have been quite a fuss. We would clearly need to be extra careful about how any deal was tied up.
However, I'm a bit sceptical about them being interested in Grady. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1523 on: August 01, 2023, 07:12:40 PM »
£7m and an under performing top earner off the wage bill would be a great deal for us IMO. I doubt we will be that fortunate.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1524 on: August 01, 2023, 07:13:03 PM »
But a whole string of top flight clubs have sold to Middle East clubs. I assume they got paid, otherwise there would have been quite a fuss. We would clearly need to be extra careful about how any deal was tied up.
However, I'm a bit sceptical about them being interested in Grady.

Got to admit, I haven't followed the moves to Saudi in detail, but I thought most were players at the end of contracts.
Allegedly, it took us a long while to receive payments for Hegazi & Pereira, & reserch shows that it's common Saudi practice to delay payment for years.
Cash rich clubs could possibly cope with that, but in our precarious position, it would be very risky, especially with the club allegedly available for sale.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?