Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 843880 times)

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #400 on: May 18, 2018, 04:26:41 PM »
We all know that a rebuild is needed and Big Daves lacks experience.

Obviously it isnt ideal however out the candidates linked - Smith, Johnson, McInnes, Appleton, Shakespeare, i dont think one of those has a promotion on their CV as it stands so any rebuilding they have done hasnt achieved what we want so they are no guarentees.

Out the others, Mick McCarthy has rebuilding and promotion experience but i think his style would be an issue to fans, Graham Potter does in Sweden but again would be a huge risk as thats nothing like the championship.

The advantage Big Dave has over these is that he knows half the squad, is liked and respected and so will make the transition easier (hopefully) for bedding new players in.

Also i know people say the cheap option, we have just spunked a load of money on Pulis and Pardew who were expensive options, we had cheaper options previous in Mowbray and RDM who worked out fine, of course we also had Roy who would of been expensive, we could of paid loads and got Big Sam (thankfully we didnt), its not about the cheapest or most expensive, its who the best option is, i think even our playing staff, by and large the more expensive ones have been the biggest let downs.

Maybe that Terraneo bloke looked at candidates and decided that the bloke currently there was infact the best option.

Big Dave may well be a disaster, i think we all have reservations, but i think we will all wish him well, but for those who have already decided he is a terrible appointment seems a bit OTT.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #401 on: May 18, 2018, 04:28:11 PM »
Well done Albion fkd it up again. Jenkins' comments worth absolutely zilch. Albion urine  me off everytime we have the chance to really progress we turn it down. However it's not Big Dave's fault and I will be behind him 100%.

Sorry but while I have my reservations that is way over the top. Darren Moore made a strong case for his promotion maybe I would have preferred a different candidate but this is not the terrible decision you paint it as being. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #402 on: May 18, 2018, 04:31:13 PM »
Young , hungry , ambitious , knows the Club inside out , got performances out of a toxic set of players .
We could have done a lot worse like a McCarthy or another Pardew so I'm fine with Moore having the job , just as important is the staff he is given to work with.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #403 on: May 18, 2018, 04:31:48 PM »
Sorry but while I have my reservations that is way over the top. Darren Moore made a strong case for his promotion maybe I would have preferred a different candidate but this is not the terrible decision you paint it as being.
My bet is he'll be gone by Christmas and the club will be scrambling  around desperate for a manager they could and should have appointed now.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #404 on: May 18, 2018, 04:32:40 PM »
My bet is he'll be gone by Christmas and the club will be scrambling  around desperate for a manager they could and should have appointed now.

Remind me please who was your preferred option?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #405 on: May 18, 2018, 04:33:52 PM »

Remind me please who was your preferred option?
Look it up

stever60

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #406 on: May 18, 2018, 04:35:19 PM »
Well done Albion fkd it up again. Jenkins' comments worth absolutely zilch. Albion urine  me off everytime we have the chance to really progress we turn it down. However it's not Big Dave's fault and I will be behind him 100%.
We haven't kicked a ball in the new season yet. Big Dave did more than the dead beats that went before him. Needs to be given every chance and support. There are no guarantees in football. Just because he isn't the big name a lot of supporters maybe hoped for (and I dont get the Smith love in) he has the club at heart so I for one wish him all the best!
Don't call me Walt

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #407 on: May 18, 2018, 04:35:37 PM »
On a side note, just having a look and the general opinion of other fans is wishing Big Dave all the best (The Dogheads excepted of course, they believing they are something superior once again, it tends to happen every few years, look forward to normal service being resumed)

However after a few years of being labelled anti football under Pulis, its nice to see some pride restored to our club.

Think Big Dave is just one of those blokes that people warm too, there seems a lot of goodwill to him.

Jack Thrust

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #408 on: May 18, 2018, 04:36:57 PM »
I'm really pleased, absolutely deserves this chance to show what he's got. He's Albion through and through.

I can't help but wonder if he had been caretaker of Stoke for their last 6 games and got similar results whether some of the negative voices would be clamouring for us to appoint him before we miss out.

I think he will be a success, but that is only my opinion of course hence why I've stated it as such rather than as fact. Some people would do well to remember the difference.
Astle is the King

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #409 on: May 18, 2018, 04:37:57 PM »
We haven't kicked a ball in the new season yet. Big Dave did more than the dead beats that went before him. Needs to be given every chance and support. There are no guarantees in football. Just because he isn't the big name a lot of supporters maybe hoped for (and I dont get the Smith love in) he has the club at heart so I for one wish him all the best!
No one was after a BIG name. Who?

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #410 on: May 18, 2018, 04:40:51 PM »
Very happy! Congrats big man!

All aboard the Moore Express!

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #411 on: May 18, 2018, 04:42:02 PM »
I've wanted the Albion to make a brave appointment for years , last one was probably Mowbray .
It may go wrong but how many years do managers last these days ?  Well done Dave , just hope the club support him with staff and players .
If he fails it certainly won't be through lack of effort unlike the last berk.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #412 on: May 18, 2018, 04:43:08 PM »
Well this should shut Sol Campbell up after his recent comments!

Have mixed feelings about this appointment and not sure how this fits in with the recent club announcement of a more attacking approach on the field.

I'm even more confused by the appointment of Giuliano Terraneo and what his actual purpose will be.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #413 on: May 18, 2018, 04:45:42 PM »
He's one of us. He's a natural leader with a lot to learn but with the humility to do it. Hope he's supported with the right players / team around him.

Well done Big Dave!

COYB

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #414 on: May 18, 2018, 04:58:03 PM »
Well this should shut Sol Campbell up after his recent comments!

Have mixed feelings about this appointment and not sure how this fits in with the recent club announcement of a more attacking approach on the field.

I'm even more confused by the appointment of Giuliano Terraneo and what his actual purpose will be.
Stuff Sol Campbell and Kevin Campbell the FA should be dealing with them but they don't have the bottle. To even suggest that Big Dave's colour should be influential in his getting the job is an insult and I'm absolutely certain that Darren would be appalled at any suggestion.

HamsteadHarry

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #415 on: May 18, 2018, 05:04:22 PM »
Good luck Darren.

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #416 on: May 18, 2018, 05:07:01 PM »
Actually, he gave the board no choice, he had the players and the fans behind him and as a unit they proved that there was bond. The board in fairness had to give Darren Moore the opportunity to see how far he could take this new found rejuvenation within the Club.
 It was noticeable that in all the after match interviews Darren gave, he always mentioned the team spirit within the Club, not just the players on the pitch.
We also need to remember that the players were fully behind him, because he understood the way they played  best, therfore, they were prepared to give everything for the cause until all hope was gone.

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #417 on: May 18, 2018, 05:14:49 PM »
Boing boing big fella so pleased for you.
Its clear you won't have any easy ride but you've never shirked challenges in the past so I am confident that you will give it everything. I would so love to be chanting your name as we get promotion next year (don't care how!) but you have a lot of work to do before then as have the team that you will be assembling around you as the club is rebuilt from the shambles we became recently.
110% support you Darren, your love of this club is clear, lets hope you continue to demonstrate a successful career managing West Brom - Good luck!!

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #418 on: May 18, 2018, 05:15:17 PM »
I wish Darren all the best and he'll have my backing. One thing we can say for definite is that he'll get more than the usual amount of leeway from our fans. I look forward to hearing more details from him about his plans in several respects for next season. All I've seen from him in that regard so far since his appointment is "we need resilience, focus, dedication, hard work....", which sounds rather Pulis-like....

What I really want to see done away with (and I've already seen it in the new manager thread) is the "we need to do whatever it takes to achieve...." mentality regarding our style of play. You could apply this to all scenarios we could ever find ourselves in and I utterly refute the implication contained in such statements that rubbish, defensive football is necessary/acceptable to achieve things. Wolves have shown that you can get out of this division with an attacking approach and Fulham have got to the play-off final whilst playing attractive football. It's time to throw off the shackles of 3 years under Pulis folks and cast aside fear football forever!  :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 05:18:57 PM by WorcsWBA »

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #419 on: May 18, 2018, 05:15:46 PM »
Really happy that they've given the job to Moore. He's proven in his short time in charge that he's a good motivator and managed to pick up a good amount of points against some good opposition.

He also has a love for the club and managed to bring the fans a bit closer to the club in his short stint in charge.

I'm really glad that someone at the club has had the balls to offer the job to someone without a long established career in management, rather than going down the route of lining the pockets of one of the old guard of merry go round folk.

He's not going to be on his own either. He'll now have the chance to pick up some back-room staff.

Wishing him all the best, and I think he'll do well.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #420 on: May 18, 2018, 05:18:34 PM »
It's going to be a tough job but good luck Darren.

Regis Rocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #421 on: May 18, 2018, 05:22:27 PM »
Big dave deserves his chance after his good run and has club at heart. If he doesn't hack it after 10 games or so he can go back to coaching then we can bring someone in. If he does well then we all win. I know its risky but imagine if we did it the other way round and appointed say Dean Smith and it didn't work out. We'd all be saying dave should have been given a chance. We may have stumbled across the man to do the job besides there's a saying 'it it ain't broke don't fix it'. Congratulations and let's prove everyone right big dave.
I eat balti pies in the Smethwick...Mmmmm!

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #422 on: May 18, 2018, 05:23:47 PM »
happy with this, right move at the right time, interested to learn more about his overall philsophy

baggie004

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #423 on: May 18, 2018, 05:39:37 PM »
Very happy Baggie here!  Done all he could with a very under achieving squad.  Turned the entire place around, team, staff, fans, coaches, etc.  No one was left without a little bit of hope in the last 6 weeks of the season.  He was my first choice, although I admit i didn't think it would happen and we would end up with a continent appointment. 

He has a tough job ahead of him, but one thing I've learned from the big man is he approaches everything in his stride.  Never make a mountain out of a mole hill.  He just smiles, nods and gets on with it.  Very positive person.  Never lose that Big Dave touch, and I think we are in good hands....
"I may live 3000 miles away! But my blood still runs BLUE AND WHITE!!!   :D

My Godfather told me when i was young: "Life is too short to hate... unless its that dingle Shiite from up the road"

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #424 on: May 18, 2018, 05:50:01 PM »
Any news on the length of appointment, salary, and/or who the Director of Football will be (or even if we are appointing one)?