Author Topic: 13 Jan 2024 Albion 4 Blackburn Rovers 1  (Read 5614 times)

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2024, 06:35:32 PM »
Score flattered Blackburn could have been 8. BTA looked all the better for having a week off last week 1 very good poachers finish one absolute stinger in the corner. Furlong seems to have hit a bit of form of late thought he played well. The mowatt yokusulu axis had a very good game. Fellows another 90 minutes and a league goal he looks confident.

Wallace and swift dike minutes unscathed nice to have options back also. Big shout out to Pipa he looked good very good. Good option off the bench. Bring on Norwich away

Mowatt probably our best midfielder. Didn’t quite understand some of the stick he got pre-season having not played for CC  and despite the fact I don’t think our recruitment team does the greatest of jobs, Mowatt made sense at the time and is a decent player at this level in the right system.

Same with Dike in many respects, it’s not gone how we hoped to date because of injuries, but the signing made sense. Both will have a big part to play if fit.  Think Mowatt is out of contract this summer though and it’ll be tough to resign him with our current situation.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2024, 07:46:38 PM »
Sounds like i missed an excellent performance,  both teams missing big players but that's the gap between us at this level with most other teams when we 'click'

Well done players, well done CC.

Who was MOTM? Any standouts or just good all-around?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2024, 07:52:17 PM »
Sounds like i missed an excellent performance,  both teams missing big players but that's the gap between us at this level with most other teams when we 'click'

Well done players, well done CC.

Who was MOTM? Any standouts or just good all-around?

Andy Johnson gave it to Fellows
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2024, 07:59:07 PM »
Andy Johnson gave it to Fellows

Thanks Phil.

Nice to see him on the scoresheet too.

How did Dike do when he came on or is it just shaking off the rust for him at the moment?

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2024, 08:01:44 PM »
Yep pretty much getting rid of the rust and polishing the sights up. Could ( probably should ) have had at least one goal
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2024, 08:04:11 PM »
Yep pretty much getting rid of the rust and polishing the sights up. Could ( probably should ) have had at least one goal

Thanks for replying. I saw one of his efforts in the sky sports highlights. I'm just glad to hear he's not broke down etc. The rust is to be expected and we can live with for a few more games for me

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2024, 10:52:01 PM »
Really comfortable today, well done to all. No weak links but special mentions to BTA and Fellows. Thought Reach was fine too. More minutes for Dike and the return of Wallace. No real negatives for me.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2024, 09:03:57 AM »
Anybody heard anything about a possible injury to Kipre yesterday ? Seemed to take a couple of tablets yesterday and wet off walking very stiffly at HT. Later subbed possible because he was on a yellow or as an injury precaution ?
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2024, 12:04:36 PM »
Another good all round performance from the lads which resulted in another home win.

I thought Blackburn passed the ball around and found space well at times, and although we were looking good you just don't know how the game will go. So it was good to score that first goal which settled the team and calmed any nerves of us fans. To be three nil up at half time was something I didn't expect, but thought an early goal in the second half would seal the win.

Blackburn started well in the second half and I thought we struggled so I was not surprised when the ball ended up in our net. A goal from us in reply made sure Blackburn had an uphill fight to get anything from the game.

Special mention to my wife who was with me for the first time in around forty years. She loved the experience and couldn't get over how animated Carlos was.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2024, 12:53:37 PM »
Thought Bartleys yellow card was a joke,  Blackburn are a odd team who look slick at times and capable of moving the ball around but very open at the back. Still think Swift looks of the pace since his injury. Nice to see Fellows get his goal after a superb first half and Asante ran his socks off again.