Author Topic: Kyle Bartley  (Read 229833 times)

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Kyle Bartley
« Reply #1525 on: March 07, 2024, 07:36:48 PM »
Over the hill, injury prone player.

Get him out, as easily replaceable if YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1526 on: March 11, 2024, 08:01:45 AM »
Thought he was the only one who came out of the 1st half yesterday with any sort of credit and was visibly p1ssed off at what was happening in front of him.

If we stay in this league I’d offer him a 1 year extension on reduced terms. I don’t think we’d be able to replace for a like for like quality for any less.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1527 on: March 11, 2024, 09:32:51 AM »
Very creditable performance yesterday  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1528 on: March 11, 2024, 10:28:55 AM »
100% needs to stay next season, especially if we lose kipre.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1529 on: March 11, 2024, 10:54:22 AM »
MoM yesterday imo ! Was the only one at it from the kick off. A couple of his challenges prevented chances for Huddersfield to make it more than one at H/T
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1530 on: March 11, 2024, 01:33:04 PM »
Thought he was the only one who came out of the 1st half yesterday with any sort of credit and was visibly p1ssed off at what was happening in front of him.

If we stay in this league I’d offer him a 1 year extension on reduced terms. I don’t think we’d be able to replace for a like for like quality for any less.

Or we could give Caleb Taylor a chance? We have to become self sufficient as some point and all we're doing is stifling his development.

Our resources should be used to get Kipre on a new long term deal.  Any wage drop that Bartley takes is still likely to be more than what we can afford.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1531 on: March 11, 2024, 10:37:24 PM »
Or we could give Caleb Taylor a chance? We have to become self sufficient as some point and all we're doing is stifling his development.

Our resources should be used to get Kipre on a new long term deal.  Any wage drop that Bartley takes is still likely to be more than what we can afford.

Agree with this, would also add in that Bartley's injury record has to be a concern

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1532 on: March 12, 2024, 11:32:42 AM »

I suppose a lot of that will depend on how he recovers from his ankle injury.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1533 on: March 12, 2024, 12:47:35 PM »

I think so, we will need some sort of continuity - he won't be offered massive wages anywhere else now.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1534 on: March 12, 2024, 02:56:05 PM »
Agree with this, would also add in that Bartley's injury record has to be a concern

It's likely he is only going to manage half a season or slightly due to age and injuries. Same for Phillips, with Phillips regardless of age though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see both offered contracts but i'd hope they would be 1 year deals on low basic wages. If they don't like them we move on. They are on in the region 50k per week combined which is crazy for this level at their ages.

We have to start looking after ourselves better as a club financially now Lai is gone.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1535 on: March 12, 2024, 04:35:37 PM »
I think he'll end up at Luton in the summer, either in the prem or in the 2nd tier.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1536 on: March 30, 2024, 12:03:09 PM »
Watched the game yesterday and thought he was our best defender on pitch and most vocal player, not his biggest fan but if we are still in Championship would be happy to see him in stripes for another season.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1537 on: March 30, 2024, 01:14:51 PM »
Watched the game yesterday and thought he was our best defender on pitch and most vocal player, not his biggest fan but if we are still in Championship would be happy to see him in stripes for another season.

Still boils down to the terms he would expect, we need to cut our cloth accordingly if we don’t go up and he is on a big wage currently. Kipre is the one I am more concerned about us keeping given his age and the season he’s had, yesterdays mistake aside.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1538 on: March 30, 2024, 04:17:00 PM »
Still boils down to the terms he would expect, we need to cut our cloth accordingly if we don’t go up and he is on a big wage currently. Kipre is the one I am more concerned about us keeping given his age and the season he’s had, yesterdays mistake aside.
Kipre is instrumental in the way we play with his composure on the ball and passing ability
We all saw what happened when jones tried to get Ajayi and Bartley popping it around like Beckanbaur

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1539 on: March 30, 2024, 07:25:01 PM »
Honestly I’d sell Ajay not matter what in the summer, he seems to find running tricky, let alone football. I’m also of a mind  that CT being better than the current options doesn’t mean he’s actually any good and Furlong is good in attack and wanting in defence.

Bartley has surprised me by his quality this season. If we’re in the Champ I’d keep him, so that he can help Caleb next season.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 10:47:39 PM by KnaveofAlbion »
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1540 on: March 30, 2024, 07:26:48 PM »
Bartley out of contract in Summer so don’t think a one year deal would break bank as for Kiipre he’s been treated appalling by previous coaches and only hope Carlos has sold him a vision for club going forward.

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1541 on: April 01, 2024, 04:45:57 PM »
I see we’re back to the petty arm-waiving again.

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1542 on: April 20, 2024, 04:01:03 PM »
Needs to be dropped.

He’s moaning before the ball has even got to him. Definitely doesn’t want the club to finish in the top 6 as he knows we definitely won’t renew

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1543 on: April 20, 2024, 04:07:16 PM »
Needs to be dropped.

He’s moaning before the ball has even got to him. Definitely doesn’t want the club to finish in the top 6 as he knows we definitely won’t renew
Has his faults, but that's some accusation.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1544 on: April 20, 2024, 04:10:12 PM »
Needs to be dropped.

you're underestimating his promotion bonus.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1545 on: April 20, 2024, 04:22:46 PM »
Needs to be dropped.

Here we go. Another player you don't rate. How many is that now?

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1546 on: April 20, 2024, 06:33:29 PM »
Needs to be dropped.

Haha. How is it that you think all of our players are awful, yet you simultaneously seem to expect us to win every game?

My main issue with Bartley is his passing. The guy plays simple passes a good 2 yards away from the receiving player and often onto their weak foot which invites pressure.