Author Topic: WBA NEW OWNERS - Bilkul football  (Read 22217 times)

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

Re: WBA NEW OWNERS - Bilkul football
« Reply #200 on: March 30, 2024, 10:50:25 AM »
Pre season in Florida?

Or a friendly Vs Bologna...they might be in the Champions league with Thiago Motta's patented 2-7-2 formation.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #201 on: March 30, 2024, 10:52:24 AM »
Or a friendly Vs Bologna...they might be in the Champions league with Thiago Motta's patented 2-7-2 formation.

Doing very well considering they play with a rushback goalie.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #202 on: March 30, 2024, 10:54:43 AM »

Playing with an extra man is clearly the key to success in football.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #203 on: March 30, 2024, 10:57:18 AM »
Playing with an extra man is clearly the key to success in football.

It's a left to right interpretation of the formation, and includes the goalie. It's basically a 4-3-3 but Motta does snazzy things like pushing both CBs into the midfield and having the full backs moving inwards to be "fully back", as they were in the W-M formation of yesteryear.

He/him

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #204 on: March 30, 2024, 10:59:33 AM »
It's a left to right interpretation of the formation, and includes the goalie. It's basically a 4-3-3 but Motta does snazzy things like pushing both CBs into the midfield and having the full backs moving inwards to be "fully back", as they were in the W-M formation of yesteryear.

I know, i'm just messing about Mark.

Fortune favours the bold!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #205 on: March 30, 2024, 11:17:02 AM »

That sounds bizarre... but exciting!
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #206 on: March 30, 2024, 12:03:09 PM »
That sounds bizarre... but exciting!

A short, but good explanation can be found here:

https://youtube.com/shorts/P4I6GN9Zhzw?si=7H3qUiVRe4_SAQ6s

I know, i'm just messing about Mark.

Fortune favours the bold!

Ah, never can quite tell via text  :)

He/him

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #207 on: April 27, 2024, 04:41:33 PM »
First thing Shilen Patel needs to do at this club is to impose a policy of no signings over the age of 25 and no contract extensions over the age of 30. If the recruitment team or any head coach don’t like it they can get out too.

Since Pulis came in I’ve been banging on about this. And a decade later we’re still a retirement home hemmorhaging wages and signing on fees to the point we were on the brink of administration.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #208 on: April 27, 2024, 04:43:22 PM »
Wonder if he's hoping someone offers 2m for CC.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #209 on: April 27, 2024, 08:00:57 PM »
First thing Shilen Patel needs to do at this club is to impose a policy of no signings over the age of 25 and no contract extensions over the age of 30. If the recruitment team or any head coach don’t like it they can get out too.

Since Pulis came in I’ve been banging on about this. And a decade later we’re still a retirement home hemmorhaging wages and signing on fees to the point we were on the brink of administration.

He did allude to recruiting good young players and complimenting them with solid senior pros; we have plenty of senior pros so I expect our recruitment will be quite youthful.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #210 on: April 28, 2024, 09:11:09 AM »
Wonder if he's hoping someone offers 2m for CC.

I would say no, just my opinion. He might be hoping someone takes these dreadful players though.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #211 on: April 28, 2024, 09:42:42 AM »
A short, but good explanation can be found here:

https://youtube.com/shorts/P4I6GN9Zhzw?si=7H3qUiVRe4_SAQ6s

Ah, never can quite tell via text  :)

Awful line green pullover (defo a factor why we lost against Wednesday ;)). Does he know something we don't?
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #212 on: April 28, 2024, 10:29:08 AM »
Patel has sensibly not disrupted things behind the scenes after all we are in a good position in the league and why create unnecessary drama?

However when the season draws to a close decisions need to be made and quickly. The play-off final is the last week of May and the new EFL season starts 10th of August with the PL starting a week latter. In any event players contracts expire 30th June and we will be in pre season training from 1st July.

The club has a huge task regardless of the division we are in. I hope that Patel beefs up the backroom staff starting with a DoF who should be lined up sooner rather than latter. In any event there needs to be a frank discussion between Owner and Head Coach particularly if as is likely we are in the Championship.

The nature of the project is about to change. We won't have a top 6 wage bill next season and that does have a significant impact on the playing squad that the coach will be working with. I fear that Corberan will be lobbying hard to retain some of the veterans that are out of contract and Patel should resit that even on short contracts with much reduced terms.

The rebuild has to start this summer it cannot be delayed even at the expense of a couple of painful seasons and Corberan needs to sign up for that at the outset.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

the other AJ

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #213 on: April 28, 2024, 10:44:48 AM »
Patel has sensibly not disrupted things behind the scenes after all we are in a good position in the league and why create unnecessary drama?

However when the season draws to a close decisions need to be made and quickly. The play-off final is the last week of May and the new EFL season starts 10th of August with the PL starting a week latter. In any event players contracts expire 30th June and we will be in pre season training from 1st July.

The club has a huge task regardless of the division we are in. I hope that Patel beefs up the backroom staff starting with a DoF who should be lined up sooner rather than latter. In any event there needs to be a frank discussion between Owner and Head Coach particularly if as is likely we are in the Championship.

The nature of the project is about to change. We won't have a top 6 wage bill next season and that does have a significant impact on the playing squad that the coach will be working with. I fear that Corberan will be lobbying hard to retain some of the veterans that are out of contract and Patel should resit that even on short contracts with much reduced terms.

The rebuild has to start this summer it cannot be delayed even at the expense of a couple of painful seasons and Corberan needs to sign up for that at the outset.

Common sense post as always Standaman.
Pivotal summer coming up regardless of what league we are in.
Baggie Down Under 🙃

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #214 on: April 28, 2024, 11:38:33 AM »
Assuming we don’t go up I’d be quite happy for us take a step back and try to rebuild. We do need to rid ourselves of the out of contract players and try and invest in youth. It might painful for a year or two but it needs to be done. I have my doubts as to whether CC is the right man to take this on.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2024, 12:32:47 PM »
I think CC could coach young players; he's improved some old players whom I thought were stuck at the level this season.  He's played the older players because he's not convinced by the academy which just seems to be a nursery from which other clubs (Villa in particular ) can poach.

Ten years ago having a DoF for strategic direction was effective but they now seem as transient and mobile as managers (cf Ashworth).  It's possible that CC - like a lot of managers - is not impressed by the concept.  SP is running the show, we'll see.

Weird of me, I know but If we were producing home grown youngsters that held their own in he championship that would make me as proud of the club as would playing with a lot of expensive foreign imports in the Prem.   
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #216 on: April 28, 2024, 01:20:14 PM »
Assuming we don’t go up I’d be quite happy for us take a step back and try to rebuild. We do need to rid ourselves of the out of contract players and try and invest in youth. It might painful for a year or two but it needs to be done. I have my doubts as to whether CC is the right man to take this on.
I am with you all the way there Smethwickw that is what is required.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #217 on: April 28, 2024, 01:40:17 PM »
I would say no, just my opinion. He might be hoping someone takes these dreadful players though.

Most of them can be released for free in the summer.  Interesting to see how many CC wants re-signed as they are not his players according to many on here. Time will tell.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2024, 03:46:21 PM »
He did allude to recruiting good young players and complimenting them with solid senior pros; we have plenty of senior pros so I expect our recruitment will be quite youthful.

I've seen those quotes, and it's the model Bologna have been successful with so I'm quietly optimistic he'll implement similar with us.

The fact I see fans classing 25-27 year olds like Palmer, BTA and Maja as 'young' talent just shows how poorly this club has managed the squad since the Pulis era. There's 16-17 year olds playing regularly in this division.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #219 on: April 28, 2024, 04:04:26 PM »
I've seen those quotes, and it's the model Bologna have been successful with so I'm quietly optimistic he'll implement similar with us.

The fact I see fans classing 25-27 year olds like Palmer, BTA and Maja as 'young' talent just shows how poorly this club has managed the squad since the Pulis era. There's 16-17 year olds playing regularly in this division.

There's one 16-17 year old who I think you could classify as playing regularly - Chris Rigg at Sunderland has 758 minutes across 20 games, and he hasn't completed 90 minutes at all.

If we move into 18 year olds, however, we find quite a few more - Archie Gray and  Jobe Bellingham have over 3000 minutes each, while Ashley Phillips and Bailey-Tye Cadamarteri have over 1000 each.

For reference, Tom Fellows has 1431 and is 20 years old.

He/him

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #220 on: April 28, 2024, 04:18:54 PM »
There's one 16-17 year old who I think you could classify as playing regularly - Chris Rigg at Sunderland has 758 minutes across 20 games, and he hasn't completed 90 minutes at all.

If we move into 18 year olds, however, we find quite a few more - Archie Gray and  Jobe Bellingham have over 3000 minutes each, while Ashley Phillips and Bailey-Tye Cadamarteri have over 1000 each.

For reference, Tom Fellows has 1431 and is 20 years old.

Having spent the best part of twenty minutes going through Championship squads on Transfermarkt I can confirm two things. Firstly you are correct and secondly I should have saved myself the time because I already knew there weren't plenty of 16 to 17 year olds getting regular Championship football. Lesson learned  ;D .

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #221 on: April 28, 2024, 04:26:53 PM »
Having spent the best part of twenty minutes going through Championship squads on Transfermarkt I can confirm two things. Firstly you are correct and secondly I should have saved myself the time because I already knew there weren't plenty of 16 to 17 year olds getting regular Championship football. Lesson learned  ;D .

Bologna don't have a 16-17 year old getting regular minutes either, if that helps?  ;D

He/him

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2024, 04:34:30 PM »
Bologna don't have a 16-17 year old getting regular minutes either, if that helps?  ;D

Can honestly state I hadn't checked Bologna's squad details so cheers for clearing that one up. Much obliged Mark 8) .

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2024, 04:45:00 PM »

Most of them can be released for free in the summer.  Interesting to see how many CC wants re-signed as they are not his players according to many on here. Time will tell.

It will be interesting. That they are not his players by and large is indeed a fact.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2024, 05:44:58 PM »
It will be interesting. That they are not his players by and large is indeed a fact.

Agree he has not signed most of them, undoubted fact. I'd like to see the back of all those out of contract apart from Kipre and Mowatt on reduced terms.