Author Topic: Callum Robinson  (Read 174695 times)

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

Callum Robinson
« on: January 27, 2020, 02:34:29 PM »
https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/status/1221803110412230657

Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
West Brom. Moving in for Callum Robinson at Sheff U. Striker with pace they want. More online shortly.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 04:32:20 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Callum Robinson
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 02:55:23 PM »
https://twitter.com/JosephMasi_Star/status/1221807049228587009

Joseph Masi
@JosephMasi_Star
Reports linking Albion with a move for Callum Robinson. I understand there is definitely something in it. Looks to be one of the three players on Bilic's shortlist for attacking reinforcements. Boss still wants two before the deadline. #wba

bartleygreen baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 02:59:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/status/1221803110412230657

Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
West Brom. Moving in for Callum Robinson at Sheff U. Striker with pace they want. More online shortly.

Underwhelming

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 03:16:38 PM »
Underwhelming

Proven stand out champ midfielder

Get off high horse 

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 03:18:13 PM »
Underwhelming
FFS here we go again, cant please some folk can you! If he had a foreign name that you have never heard of would that be better????
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 03:19:36 PM »
Underwhelming

Why?

Hes very good at this level. We need some pace upfront and someone who can finish....he fits the bill. Call him Robinsinho and you would probably find him overwhelming
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 03:21:45 PM »
He's 24 so you could say that last year he started fulfilling his potential. Struggled for minutes this year so he maybe has something to prove. Wonder if this would be a loan or permanent signing.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 03:22:30 PM »
FFS here we go again, cant please some folk can you! If he had a foreign name that you have never heard of would that be better????

Exactly, if his name was Cal De Roberto then everyone would be buzzing. Laughable  ;D

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 03:26:30 PM »
Why?

Hes very good at this level. We need some pace upfront and someone who can finish....he fits the bill. Call him Robinsinho and you would probably find him overwhelming
Unreal ain't it.

P.s I think Robinson more a midfielder than a striker ?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 03:34:32 PM »
Robinson was superb for Preston, would welcome him with open arms...and a couple more.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2020, 04:10:21 PM »
Joseph Masi Twitter Account

"Reports linking Albion with a move for Callum Robinson. I understand there is definitely something in it. Looks to be one of the three players on Bilic's shortlist for attacking reinforcements. Boss still wants two before the deadline."
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2020, 04:19:27 PM »

"Reports linking Albion with a move for Callum Robinson. I understand there is definitely something in it. Looks to be one of the three players on Bilic's shortlist for attacking reinforcements. Boss still wants two before the deadline."
What's his position? Nixon refers to him as striker with pace but some seem to think he's a midfielder? Can't say I remember him at all from last season.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2020, 04:23:22 PM »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2020, 04:28:53 PM »
What's his position? Nixon refers to him as striker with pace but some seem to think he's a midfielder? Can't say I remember him at all from last season.

He's a striker who doesn't score any goals, which is why you can't remember him, should fit in well! He's played 130 championship games so far and scored 31 goals which is an average of 11 goals per season. We tried to sign him in July, he turned us down and signed for Sheff Utd. Now they are getting rid after six months. He's never scored more than 12 in a season - I wish we'd stop going after these mediocre strikers.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2020, 04:29:49 PM »
He's a striker who doesn't score any goals, which is why you can't remember him, should fit in well! He's played 130 championship games so far and scored 31 goals which is an average of 11 goals per season. We tried to sign him in July, he turned us down and signed for Sheff Utd. Now they are getting rid after six months. He's never scored more than 12 in a season - I wish we'd stop going after these mediocre strikers.

Forward
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 04:40:01 PM »
Wrong forum  :o

I got excited then...

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2020, 04:49:47 PM »
Wrong forum  :o

I got excited then...

Opps, perhaps one of the Mods would relocate to the appropriate location please
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2020, 04:51:33 PM »
Hardly exciting.

42 in 181 appearances and hardly prolific in the championship.

was hoping for something more proven with a promotion on the line and us in a good position.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2020, 04:55:55 PM »
Hardly exciting.

42 in 181 appearances and hardly prolific in the championship.

was hoping for something more proven with a promotion on the line and us in a good position.

As everyone was raving about J-Rod the other day...Robinson scored as many from open play as J-Rod did last season from 20 fewer games  ;D

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2020, 04:58:04 PM »
As everyone was raving about J-Rod the other day...Robinson scored as many from open play as J-Rod did last season from 20 fewer games  ;D

Yes, yes, we know all that, but is he as nice a bloke as JRod and has he got a ponytail?  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2020, 05:02:26 PM »

"I'd love Robinson to sign. And then Orsic because so many people want him. Then Bilic to say they are done. That is the dream!"
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2020, 05:18:47 PM »

"I'd love Robinson to sign. And then Orsic because so many people want him. Then Bilic to say they are done. That is the dream!"

The dream would be to then also bring in a left back and another winger...

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2020, 05:23:57 PM »
Sheff Utd fans had a chuckle at the reference to "a striker with pace". Not quite how they view him.

If we sign him as on a permanent deal, it feels like a mistake, but as a short term loan move it's probably a fairly solid signing. Not 100% sure he offers a huge upgrade on Kanu/Austin/Zohore but maybe worth a shot and better than him going to a rival I suppose.

What I would say though is that Robinson alone isn't enough to improve us in a big way. Robinson and a different style of attacking player however would give us more options.
Boing Boing

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2020, 07:10:25 PM »
I genuinely think Bilic puts more stock into a striker who can hold the ball up and bring the supporting cast into the game rather than a goal scorer, ideally you want a striker who can do both but those cost £25 million.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2020, 07:29:07 PM »
I genuinely think Bilic puts more stock into a striker who can hold the ball up and bring the supporting cast into the game rather than a goal scorer, ideally you want a striker who can do both but those cost £25 million.
He does , all about midfielders for Bilic .
As long as he wants Robinson and not someone else at the club I'm fine with it.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.