Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2371485 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #8900 on: March 18, 2020, 03:02:02 PM »
UEFA confirm if season not finished Liverpool wont be given title as they can still mathematically be caught.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8901 on: March 18, 2020, 06:23:15 PM »
UEFA confirm if season not finished Liverpool wont be given title as they can still mathematically be caught.

much as I dislike the bin dippers, that is splitting hairs !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8902 on: April 01, 2020, 08:19:22 PM »
I see that Spurs and Newcastle are going to be utilizing tax-payer money to pay some of their staff during the Coronavirus crisis. Not being funny, but personally I think it's a bit of a cheek given the hundreds of millions that they get in TV money and the money that they are paying agents, players and themselves as club directors/chairmen. Any thoughts?

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8903 on: April 01, 2020, 09:51:54 PM »
I see that Spurs and Newcastle are going to be utilizing tax-payer money to pay some of their staff during the Coronavirus crisis. Not being funny, but personally I think it's a bit of a cheek given the hundreds of millions that they get in TV money and the money that they are paying agents, players and themselves as club directors/chairmen. Any thoughts?

It’s disgusting. Their fans should be ashamed of them.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8904 on: April 01, 2020, 10:04:59 PM »

Nothing shocks me anymore with the repugnant greed league.

Additionally, the despicable Gordon Taylor and his mafia at the PFA are once again showing how little they care about anything other than money.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8905 on: April 01, 2020, 10:40:04 PM »
Absolutely right. Nobody, no experts can decide the result of football matches. We've all been wrong with predictions hundreds of times. Football is a funny old game (as Jimmy Greaves once said). It has to be decided on football pitches 11 against 11 or not awarded at all. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8906 on: April 01, 2020, 10:55:23 PM »
I would quite happily boycott any game in which a premier league or championship club has taken tax payers money to pay its staff 80% of their wages.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 08:51:32 AM by Albionic »
Albion Family !!!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8907 on: April 02, 2020, 07:59:00 AM »
It’s disgusting. Their fans should be ashamed of them.

The only thing that surprises me is that West Ham have not done it yet. Having said that we all know that they are incapable of thinking for themselves anyway...….
MAGA!

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8908 on: April 02, 2020, 12:19:47 PM »
I would quite happily boycott any game in which a premier league or championship club has taken tax payers money to pay its staff 80% of their wages.

You'll be boycotting us then as we'll be announcing furloughing soon.

I have no issue with any club lower than the prem doing it, but there is no excuse for prem clubs to do it.

Believe me there be will/are a lot bigger plcs doing it with far healthier balance sheets than those clubs.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8909 on: April 02, 2020, 12:44:01 PM »
Just shows how despicable football and most of those associated with it are.
Why don't the players step up and offer to take a drop in their money so that the people at the clubs who need the money can stay solvent
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8910 on: April 02, 2020, 06:12:49 PM »
You'll be boycotting us then as we'll be announcing furloughing soon.

I have no issue with any club lower than the prem doing it, but there is no excuse for prem clubs to do it.

Believe me there be will/are a lot bigger plcs doing it with far healthier balance sheets than those clubs.

You know, what I might well do that, I find it absolutely disgusting that owners / chairmen are doing this !  The NHS could use that money  !
Albion Family !!!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8911 on: April 02, 2020, 06:28:26 PM »
Players at Prem clubs could take a 10% reduction and that would more than pay the staff

The fact they are taking government money to pay staff shows just how morally corrupt football is, sickens me.

I hope football takes a hit when this is all over as they’ve completely lost the plot as this pandemic and the steps they’ve taken has shown.

As for Gordon Taylor at the PFA....I’d get banned for the language I’d use
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8912 on: April 02, 2020, 07:09:16 PM »
Players at Prem clubs could take a 10% reduction and that would more than pay the staff

The fact they are taking government money to pay staff shows just how morally corrupt football is, sickens me.

I hope football takes a hit when this is all over as they’ve completely lost the plot as this pandemic and the steps they’ve taken has shown.

As for Gordon Taylor at the PFA....I’d get banned for the language I’d use

The government could give the Premier League clubs the money on the proviso that they pay the money back when the season starts. As for Gordon Taylor hanging on to the job for the massive wage he takes.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8913 on: April 02, 2020, 07:43:33 PM »
If these premier league clubs continue with this disgraceful behaviour then it could be a big nail in the football coffin. On one hand people will be out the habit of going then this. It Will leave a sour taste in people mouths . The premier league is a vile horrible organisation

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8914 on: April 02, 2020, 08:09:49 PM »
A few people have said the football landscape will change money wise.

I totally disagree at the top level, the longer this goes on the greater the clamour and enthusiasm will be when it returns imo. Record attendances and tv viewerships abound.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8915 on: April 02, 2020, 08:13:27 PM »
Somehow I think the football world will be a very different place after all this is over. It is going to be very difficult to cheer on a bunch of 'fancy dans' who could not give up 25% of their salaries when many people on the terraces have lost their jobs, their livelihoods, and in quite a few cases, their loved ones.

Certainly making me think........
MAGA!

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8916 on: April 02, 2020, 08:26:16 PM »
Somehow I think the football world will be a very different place after all this is over. It is going to be very difficult to cheer on a bunch of 'fancy dans' who could not give up 25% of their salaries when many people on the terraces have lost their jobs, their livelihoods, and in quite a few cases, their loved ones.

Certainly making me think........

Football fans have very short memories and a couple wins and this will all be forgotten.

Having said that hopefully tomorrow's meeting see the prem players doing the right thing.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #8917 on: April 02, 2020, 09:29:12 PM »
A few people have said the football landscape will change money wise.

I totally disagree at the top level, the longer this goes on the greater the clamour and enthusiasm will be when it returns imo. Record attendances and tv viewerships abound.

I agree. Nice money earner along the lines somewhere for them...
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8918 on: April 02, 2020, 09:48:15 PM »
I actually don't care about the players,they are transient.
If they want to give up some of their wages that's a personal thing between them and their god,if they have one.
Its the business that bothers me greatly,the club( not wba ),we are an honest decent club,homely,family you know.
Its the Spurs,Newcastle types.
How many staff have they laid off for us to pay 80% of their meagre wages?
I would like to know the answer.
Whatever the amount of people that is,they are probably the heart and soul of that club and they should be kept on at full pay or the very least the club top up their money to 100%.
The money they take in is ridiculous it puts me off the greed league altogether.
The likes of Lineker spouting of about taking a cut in wages,its only his attempt to engraciate himself with whoever,he's got no class,the ones with class and caring are the ones that don't shout off their mouths.
Suck of the premier and the pfa and fa,all in the trough.
I love Albion to be in the top rankers but we are a proper club with proper fans and decent people the rest can fcku off.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8919 on: April 02, 2020, 10:09:13 PM »
£750m has to be paid to broadcasters if the season isn't completed and broadcast.

Biggest indication yet it will by hook or by crook be finished.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8920 on: April 02, 2020, 11:05:22 PM »
I actually don't care about the players,they are transient.
If they want to give up some of their wages that's a personal thing between them and their god,if they have one.
Its the business that bothers me greatly,the club( not wba ),we are an honest decent club,homely,family you know.
Its the Spurs,Newcastle types.
How many staff have they laid off for us to pay 80% of their meagre wages?
I would like to know the answer.
Whatever the amount of people that is,they are probably the heart and soul of that club and they should be kept on at full pay or the very least the club top up their money to 100%.
The money they take in is ridiculous it puts me off the greed league altogether.
The likes of Lineker spouting of about taking a cut in wages,its only his attempt to engraciate himself with whoever,he's got no class,the ones with class and caring are the ones that don't shout off their mouths.
Suck of the premier and the pfa and fa,all in the trough.
I love Albion to be in the top rankers but we are a proper club with proper fans and decent people the rest can fcku off.
" its the business that bothers me greatly"

Absolutely 100% on the money, if our club stoops to this, I will be mortified ! The idiots who own clubs but literally steal oxygen from their dying customers can burn in hell before I consciously give them another penny, if that means I given up my life long relationship with football so be it !

So bloody angry, Daniel Levy / Mike Ashley / Delia Smith absolute bloody disgraces !!!
Albion Family !!!

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8921 on: April 02, 2020, 11:15:05 PM »
Maybe this is the straw that breaks the camels back. I remember when Roy Keane got 52K a week is when I started loosing faith in football at the highest level. That was when it was about 3x my salary/year god knows what it equates to now. I know its not necessarily the players fault ultimately and they have short careers etc etc it's the system that has mushroomed to these proportions we'll see
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8922 on: April 03, 2020, 07:35:13 AM »

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8923 on: April 03, 2020, 08:49:07 AM »
If non playing staff have been furloughed, why haven't the footballers? It's not a key job or necessary for the running of the country.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8924 on: April 03, 2020, 08:55:49 AM »
If non playing staff have been furloughed, why haven't the footballers? It's not a key job or necessary for the running of the country.

I don’t know if it’s a serious question,  but I imagine it’s because it is still breach of contract and a player could in theory walk.