Author Topic: Anything Stoke  (Read 301790 times)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Anything Stoke
« Reply #900 on: May 18, 2018, 04:18:41 PM »
oh man that is brutal.....****ing funny but Brutal!
I am howling

This is absolutely class  :D :D :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #901 on: May 20, 2018, 09:23:36 PM »
I am howling

This is absolutely class  :D :D :D
I don't much like Stoke, but it's a first to hear toilet humour described as classy!
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #902 on: May 21, 2018, 06:55:43 PM »
Gary Rowett has been given permission to speak to Stoke about their managerial vacancy according to BBC news just now.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #903 on: May 21, 2018, 08:02:05 PM »
Gary Rowett has been given permission to speak to Stoke about their managerial vacancy according to BBC news just now.

For what reason would Derby agree to this? Perhaps,  “caveat emptor”
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #904 on: May 21, 2018, 09:34:51 PM »
For what reason would Derby agree to this? Perhaps,  “caveat emptor”

Balancing of the books, mate. Same reason why they'd be looking to offload Vydra.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #905 on: May 21, 2018, 09:55:24 PM »
Balancing of the books, mate. Same reason why they'd be looking to offload Vydra.

But surely, it’s more cost effective to sell players than a good manager, my original point being, do Derby think he is up to the job?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #906 on: May 21, 2018, 09:58:29 PM »
I have heard that David Moyes was under consideration for the job.

Personally, I think Stoke would be more of a threat and force under Moyes than Rowett
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #907 on: May 22, 2018, 08:01:29 AM »
But surely, it’s more cost effective to sell players than a good manager, my original point being, do Derby think he is up to the job?

I think one is a byproduct of the others. Flogging players from under the managers nose and he starts to get cold feet, get as much compo as you can (£1.8m apparently) and move on.

I have heard that David Moyes was under consideration for the job.

Personally, I think Stoke would be more of a threat and force under Moyes than Rowett

If we were to go down the route of yet more pragmatism then I'd sooner we went for a proven hoofer like Moyes or dare it, even Allardyce.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #908 on: May 22, 2018, 09:08:52 PM »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #909 on: May 22, 2018, 09:22:03 PM »
Breaking News

Stoke City appoint Gary Rowett as Manager

Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/stoke-appoint-gary-rowett-new-12580120.amp?__twitter_impression=true
I think Stoke have just given their promotion chances a massive boost. Still young and ambitious, but with some solid experience building teams at championship level. Would probably have got Blues up if he was allowed to.  I would have been quite happy if we had gone in for him.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #910 on: May 22, 2018, 09:50:01 PM »
I think Stoke have just given their promotion chances a massive boost. Still young and ambitious, but with some solid experience building teams at championship level. Would probably have got Blues up if he was allowed to.  I would have been quite happy if we had gone in for him.

Why? He plays some of the most defensive football in the league. He'll probably get them promoted but it will be mind-numbing. Not saying I think Moore will be any better btw.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #911 on: May 22, 2018, 10:04:45 PM »
Why? He plays some of the most defensive football in the league. He'll probably get them promoted but it will be mind-numbing. Not saying I think Moore will be any better btw.

Derby scored 70 goals last season, which doesn't strike me as that defensive.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #912 on: May 22, 2018, 10:41:56 PM »
Derby scored 70 goals last season, which doesn't strike me as that defensive.

It's a common theme amongst Derby fans, and from anyone who has watched them under Rowett, that they aren't easy on the eye. Rowett is known as a defensive manager, nothing inherently wrong with that, as I say I think he'll get Stoke up. Wouldn't want him at Albion though.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #913 on: May 22, 2018, 10:51:35 PM »
Gary Rowett's performance as manager of Birmingham was one of the best turnarounds of a football club in recent memory. Unfortunately for him he got pooed on from a massive height. I wish him all the best as he genuinely deserves it based on his Birmingham experience.

He'll do well at Stoke, it'll be a good match and it's bad new for us.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #914 on: May 23, 2018, 08:58:09 AM »
Gary Rowett's performance as manager of Birmingham was one of the best turnarounds of a football club in recent memory. Unfortunately for him he got pooed on from a massive height. I wish him all the best as he genuinely deserves it based on his Birmingham experience.

I heard Blues sacked him because he was touting himself for other jobs while employed there. If that's true, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd approached Stoke.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #915 on: May 23, 2018, 11:13:32 AM »
I heard Blues sacked him because he was touting himself for other jobs while employed there. If that's true, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd approached Stoke.

I was told by someone who was told by someone connected to the club (I know it sounds like a mate of a mate of a mate or the bloke down the pub type thing  :D :D) that he was given a new deal due to his itchiness at speaking to other clubs but even after the new deal he was still touting himself round, maybe hearsay, maybe truth in it, who knows
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 11:15:34 AM by OldburyWBA »

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #916 on: May 23, 2018, 11:21:08 AM »
Have to say that Derby didn't seem to put up much resistance to losing their manager which is a little surprising given their relative success this year.....
MAGA!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #917 on: May 23, 2018, 11:52:58 AM »

Why is it bad news for us? Personally I think from what's been said by Stoke players (Shawcross and Butland in particular) they are in an even bigger mess than us with players not being up to scratch. Even if it does work out well for Stoke and they get promoted there are still 2 other promotion places for us to get.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #918 on: May 23, 2018, 12:41:22 PM »
I was told by someone who was told by someone connected to the club (I know it sounds like a mate of a mate of a mate or the bloke down the pub type thing  :D :D) that he was given a new deal due to his itchiness at speaking to other clubs but even after the new deal he was still touting himself round, maybe hearsay, maybe truth in it, who knows

In addition to this I was also told that following his last deal he was in the boardroom for improvements to his improved deal after nearly every win, along the lines of 'well I've just been offered this here......'
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #919 on: May 23, 2018, 01:31:25 PM »
Have to say that Derby didn't seem to put up much resistance to losing their manager which is a little surprising given their relative success this year.....

there was a rumour few weeks back he was out if they didn't go up.

if true guess it's best to be paid for him rather than paying to get rid of him.

if what has been mentioned about him elsewhere last few years is true then i would be concerned about his loyalty if appointing him

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #920 on: June 06, 2018, 10:37:00 PM »
Anyone slightly worried these are looking strong. Joe allen commited and looks like Afobe will join for 12 million now. Cant see them below playoffs myself.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #921 on: June 07, 2018, 05:08:31 AM »
Anyone slightly worried these are looking strong. Joe allen commited and looks like Afobe will join for 12 million now. Cant see them below playoffs myself.

Not too concerned. Joe Allen is decent but they are gambling by scrapping his 50% wage cut. Afobe again good but we have both Rondon and Rodriguez at present, who who are better.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #922 on: June 16, 2018, 08:06:39 PM »
Etebo of Nigeria has signed for Stoke.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #923 on: June 16, 2018, 08:38:36 PM »
Etebo of Nigeria has signed for Stoke.
The BBC web site stated that he just scored and own goal aghainst Croatia, but the in play web site gives it to Mario Mandzukic.

Edit....
Quote from the BBC...
Croatia grab the opener courtesy of the unfortunate Oghenekaro Etebo, who has joined Stoke City - you can fill in the blanks.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 08:41:30 PM by Droitwich Baggie »

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #924 on: July 13, 2018, 09:30:29 PM »
“Liverpool sign Xherdan Shaqiri for £13m on five-year deal from Stoke ”

They have some spare cash, wonder who / what they’ll spend it on?

Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/13/liverpool-sign-xherdan-shaqiri-13m-five-year-deal-stoke/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部