Author Topic: Anything Stoke  (Read 301822 times)

swabey

• Baby Baggie

Re: Anything Stoke
« Reply #475 on: April 13, 2014, 03:33:24 PM »
Potentially losing out on transfer targets to bloody West Brom now... How our transfer stock has fallen in terms of available funds...

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/212549/official-summer-transfer-thread?page=177#ixzz2bBMNwCXU

Laugh out loud

Have you stopped laughing out loud yet?  ;D

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #476 on: April 13, 2014, 03:37:35 PM »
Have you stopped laughing out loud yet?  ;D

Believe me all us West Brom fans are laughing out loud this season, at our own club unfortunately
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

swabey

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #477 on: April 13, 2014, 03:42:00 PM »
True. I heard today on goals on Sunday you have thrown away 15 points so far from winning positions. Not good. Last thing you want is to be playing your bogey team last game needing something to keep you up. Don't think it will come to that but it will be close.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #478 on: April 13, 2014, 03:46:10 PM »
Stoke have been excellent over the last couple of months. I thought Mark Hughes would struggle but he has really got you playing well. I just hope and pray that it doesn't come down to the final day of the season.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #479 on: April 19, 2014, 09:15:00 AM »
Hate this lot.The perfect fit for Odemwonga.God help him if he plays.I aint met anyone yet who wouldn't like to throttle him

Would get very messy on and off the pitch that final day if our worse nightmares panned out !!
Make last season's fractious Yanited end of season game seem like a Teddy Bear's picnic !
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Tesco21

« Reply #480 on: May 03, 2014, 06:05:06 PM »
So with their demolition of Fulham today (Cheers btw!) Stoke have confirmed their position as top Midlands club, for what is the first time. Crazy to compare the two clubs last season and this season. What a difference a Loan makes ay?

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #481 on: May 03, 2014, 06:08:29 PM »
So with their demolition of Fulham today (Cheers btw!) Stoke have confirmed their position as top Midlands club, for what is the first time. Crazy to compare the two clubs last season and this season. What a difference a Loan makes ay?

Agree that Assaidi loan has done wonders :D.

Tesco21

« Reply #482 on: May 03, 2014, 09:10:35 PM »
He has scored some important goals for us yes. A crying shame he wasnt fit for the whole season. But anyway, I really popped on to say congrats on surviving, and looking forward to next week! Should be a cracking game of football! (first time in a while on our part I admit :p)

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #483 on: May 03, 2014, 09:35:08 PM »
He has scored some important goals for us yes. A crying shame he wasnt fit for the whole season. But anyway, I really popped on to say congrats on surviving, and looking forward to next week! Should be a cracking game of football! (first time in a while on our part I admit :p)
Stoke looked quality today. I've seen them a few times this year and they haven't been that good but it's a total turn around from the Pulis days.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #484 on: May 04, 2014, 10:26:51 AM »
Congratulations on being top club in Staffordshire. Putting Wolves and Port Vale in their place.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #485 on: May 04, 2014, 10:30:35 AM »
Congratulations on being top club in Staffordshire. Putting Wolves and Port Vale in their place.
He won't be replying mate , banished to the internet pit where opposing fans go if they can't behave on here. :)

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #486 on: May 05, 2014, 01:35:47 PM »
I read they will be singing pride of the Midlands next week
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #487 on: May 05, 2014, 01:48:55 PM »
I read they will be singing pride of the Midlands next week

Has anyone pointed out to them they ain't in the Midlands ?

Pride of Staffordshire maybe but then then with only Port Vale, Crewe and the dingles to join them it ain't hard is it.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #488 on: May 05, 2014, 02:39:02 PM »
We should have been in for Erik Pieters last summer instead of going for Popov on loan again even though it was obvious he wasn't good enough.
the regime don't like it man

fortressbritannia

« Reply #489 on: May 05, 2014, 03:43:13 PM »
We should have been in for Erik Pieters last summer instead of going for Popov on loan again even though it was obvious he wasn't good enough.

Ah Popov that's a bullet we well and truly dodged. Pretty glad we got Pieters instead.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #490 on: May 05, 2014, 04:41:32 PM »
Ah Popov that's a bullet we well and truly dodged. Pretty glad we got Pieters instead.

I bet you are glad

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #491 on: May 06, 2014, 09:02:03 AM »
Are you going to applaud Odemwonga for the 30 goals he scored for us, he reckons he still has some support for this.I cant see it.He said he will get a mixed reception laugh out loud

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #492 on: May 06, 2014, 10:25:22 AM »
Are you going to applaud Odemwonga for the 30 goals he scored for us, he reckons he still has some support for this.I cant see it.He said he will get a mixed reception laugh out loud

For my part he will be treated to the indifference I normally reserve for nonentity players from opposition clubs.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #493 on: May 06, 2014, 10:50:22 AM »
Has anyone pointed out to them they ain't in the Midlands ?

Pride of Staffordshire maybe but then then with only Port Vale, Crewe and the dingles to join them it ain't hard is it.

so is Staffordshire not in the midlands then? Before the formation of the West Midlands as a county wasn't West Bromwich also in Staffordshire?

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #494 on: May 06, 2014, 10:54:39 AM »
so is Staffordshire not in the midlands then? Before the formation of the West Midlands as a county wasn't West Bromwich also in Staffordshire?

Correct.My address was West Bromwich South Staffs

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #495 on: May 06, 2014, 10:56:23 AM »
How far we going back for the boundary changes ? In Staffordshire in these modern days.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #496 on: May 06, 2014, 11:03:39 AM »
How far we going back for the boundary changes ? In Staffordshire in these modern days.

Boundary changes were 1974 if memory serves. "Staffordshire in these modern days" wouldn't include Wolverhampton though would it? or Crewe as that's Cheshire! Stoke, Port vale and Burton Albion are Staffordshire teams.

I am aware that the wolves/Staffordshire thing is a dig at them for our supposed Brummie allegiences.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #497 on: May 06, 2014, 10:02:59 PM »

Correct.My address was West Bromwich South Staffs
Yep, the police station in Tipton has the Staffordshire knot legend above the main entrance door.
He's a lad from the Wrenna

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #498 on: May 06, 2014, 10:50:31 PM »
I'll clap him, absolute modern day legend , really happy that each has their own opinions but please respect mine..
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #499 on: May 07, 2014, 12:09:38 PM »
I'll clap him, absolute modern day legend , really happy that each has their own opinions but please respect mine..

Totally respect your opinion Zippy, but legend? No, not modern day or otherwise. A legend died just a week or so back, Clive Clark. He scored as many goals in one season, back when footballs were lumps of lead and it was a full back's duty to maim the opposition winger, as PO managed in his time here.

Clive Clark was a legend, PO was a footnote.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.