Author Topic: Carlos Corberan  (Read 265408 times)

alex1 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Carlos Corberan
« Reply #2700 on: April 27, 2024, 05:04:43 PM »
Simple truth is the squad is old as many have pointed out with the exception of Fellows we have no one good enough in the stiffs to replace the oldies.
A major clearout required in the summer.
Totally agree. My concern is that we don’t have the structure at the club in place to rebuild. Next season may need to be a project but the longer we are out of the Premier League the poorer we get.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2701 on: April 27, 2024, 05:05:47 PM »
I've never been a big fan personally. He did a great job turning us around last season but his approach is far too negative. The football is boring to watch and few players have improved under him. 6 away wins in 23 this season is a very poor return. Things may have been different with a decent striker available so I'll cut him some slack for that.

If I was Shilen Patel I'd be looking at a major overhaul starting by getting rid of all of the out of contract players (Kipre aside) and giving Ian Pearce his P45.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2702 on: April 27, 2024, 05:09:06 PM »
Pre-long contract CC - 9 out of 10

POst contract CC - 6 out of 10

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2703 on: April 27, 2024, 05:09:32 PM »
I've never been a big fan personally. He did a great job turning us around last season but his approach is far too negative. The football is boring to watch and few players have improved under him. 6 away wins in 23 this season is a very poor return. Things may have been different with a decent striker available so I'll cut him some slack for that.

If I was Shilen Patel I'd be looking at a major overhaul starting by getting rid of all of the out of contract players (Kipre aside) and giving Ian Pearce his P45.

Yup, unfortunately a lot of our fans don’t look beyond results. When we went 10 unbeaten performances were very poor. The attacking play is dreadful. All we do is pass wide and try and smashed a low cross into the box.

I’m ready for a change and hopefully the new owners are too.

baggiecarl

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2704 on: April 27, 2024, 05:11:08 PM »

it does need a major clear out, however I have little ccinfidence in Ian Pearce or corberan presiding  over any new signings.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2705 on: April 27, 2024, 05:13:18 PM »
Keep him but we need a clear out player wise.  He deserves that chance.

When we were at the bottom end of the table under Bruce there were plenty on here saying that's the standard of our players and where we deserve to be.  He's got those same players up into the play offs despite having his hands tied when it comes to spending money.

staticboy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2706 on: April 27, 2024, 05:14:10 PM »
And to think he said 9 points from the last three games (non-negotiable), what the hell is happening to us?

tlms-p23

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2707 on: April 27, 2024, 05:14:22 PM »

This summer is the opportunity for a huge reset at this club. Clearing out the serial losers, high earners and Championship jobbers - not to mention bringing in fees for players who will have a year left.

It’s an opportunity to set a stall out, create a new identity and brand of football built on the back of athletic, technical, young players.

Sadly Ian Pearce will be leading it.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2708 on: April 27, 2024, 05:14:42 PM »

When we were at the bottom end of the table under Bruce there were plenty on here saying that's the standard of our players and where we deserve to be.  He's got those same players up into the play offs despite having his hands tied when it comes to spending money.

What if he resigns the like of Reach etc?

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2709 on: April 27, 2024, 05:15:17 PM »

Yes, that’s very true but you’re missing the point.

If we keep Corberan he will continue to sign players like Marc Albrighton, Chalobah, Mvilla and Weimann.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2710 on: April 27, 2024, 05:15:59 PM »
Yes, that’s very true but you’re missing the point.

If we keep Corberan he will continue to sign players like Marc Albrighton, Chalobah, Mvilla and Weimann.

Yes, i fear that too. He loves his players that cannot run

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2711 on: April 27, 2024, 05:18:06 PM »
What if he resigns the like of Reach etc?
Why speculate ?

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2712 on: April 27, 2024, 05:19:20 PM »
Yeah, let’s have him gone eh boys?

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2713 on: April 27, 2024, 05:19:37 PM »
I also anticipate the post-match interview will read something like “we did not show the ability to compete, blah blah blah, we must use this defeat as motivation to achieve our objectives”

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2714 on: April 27, 2024, 05:19:49 PM »
Why speculate ?

Because the rumours are that what he wants to do which would prove everyone's suspicions that he likes over 30s which is what most of us think are holding us back

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2715 on: April 27, 2024, 05:19:54 PM »
Usual dribble being spoken by some  I honestly think some of it is a pure wind-up.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2716 on: April 27, 2024, 05:21:34 PM »
Because the rumours are that what he wants to do which would prove everyone's suspicions that he likes over 30s which is what most of us think are holding us back
How do we know that he had very little choice since he's been here?
He wanted to sign the kid who went to Forest the one who played under him at Huddersfield , wasn't he 20 something?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 05:24:08 PM by KYA »

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2717 on: April 27, 2024, 05:24:40 PM »
Usual dribble being spoken by some  I honestly think some of it is a pure wind-up.

That’s always been said by a few people but on what basis do you say that?

You may be willing to accept and embrace mediocrity but some of us are not.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2718 on: April 27, 2024, 05:26:29 PM »
How do we know that he had very little choice since he's been here?
He wanted to sign the kid who went to Forest the one who played under him at Huddersfield , wasn't he 20 something?

That's why i was asking the question what if he does? It's not unusual to want to find out answers to questions that bug people surely?

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2719 on: April 27, 2024, 05:29:08 PM »
I have had reservations about CC for some time and not convinced to be honest. My biggest gripe is he won't utilise younnger players other than Fellows who even he gets dropped frequently. Then there is this lethargic build-up play approach that opposition teams can generally counter easily.

Today, he started with six players aged 30+, the youngest player being MJ at 25. He generally uses a squad of 25 players whose average age is just over 28. 10 of these players are over 30. I doubt any other team in the Championship have squads as old as ours.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2720 on: April 27, 2024, 05:29:31 PM »
That's why i was asking the question what if he does? It's not unusual to want to find out answers to questions that bug people surely?
Yes, but as I said he's had little choice in law it would be circumstantial everdence not enough to convict  ;D

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2721 on: April 27, 2024, 05:30:44 PM »
Yes, but as I said he's had little choice in law it would be circumstantial everdence not enough to convict  ;D

Well i mean it's more of a satisfy my curiosity thing than i want to take legal steps  ;D

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2722 on: April 27, 2024, 05:34:40 PM »
I have had reservations about CC for some time and not convinced to be honest. My biggest gripe is he won't utilise younnger players other than Fellows who even he gets dropped frequently. Then there is this lethargic build-up play approach that opposition teams can generally counter easily.

Today, he started with six players aged 30+, the youngest player being MJ at 25. He generally uses a squad of 25 players whose average age is just over 28. 10 of these players are over 30. I doubt any other team in the Championship have squads as old as ours.

It's becoming a real issue. Said it in M'Vila's thread, but we're pretty unique at this level as a club in constantly needing to sign all these old players to fill in minor squad roles rather than just trusting some academy players to do some minor roles.

It's not like the academy players need to even be good enough for this level, they just need to be able to take on some minutes. Would we really be worse off if say Caleb Taylor who's at minimum a very good league one centre back had taken the minutes we gave to Pieters this season for example?

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2723 on: April 27, 2024, 05:50:20 PM »
Yes, very true. Only Kipre and Diangana are close to Premier League standard.

Palmer, Bartley, Townsend, Johnstone etc are all rubbish. Do you agree?
So a squad not good enough to even make the play-offs would that be the correct assumption ?

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2724 on: April 27, 2024, 05:56:30 PM »
Yes, very true. Only Kipre and Diangana are close to Premier League standard.

Palmer, Bartley, Townsend, Johnstone etc are all rubbish. Do you agree?
Well we're not in the Premier League so it's an irrelevant question. And no, none of the players that you have mentioned are "rubbish", they are all decent players in the Championship.