Author Topic: Rekeem Harper Joins Ipswich Town  (Read 216051 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Rekeem Harper
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2019, 11:03:36 PM »
Can't argue with anything you have said today about the academy Dan. You do need to have a culture of using academy kids. Norwich do it, Palace do it, Southampton, Villa, Everton do it. We need to become one of those who do.
Boing Boing

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2019, 07:40:11 PM »
I'm getting really frustrated seeing us being linked with McCarthy and Hayden to replace Livermore and compete for the central midfield roles.

Here we have a youngster of our own who, if he doesn't get a chance now, in the Championship and with senior players out, will never play a succession of league games for us.

It was only Wigan in the cup but he showed a fantastic amount of promise and added a real dynamism and bite to the midfield.

It's a real shame as this season was a real opportunity for our kids and DM, very surprisingly, seems totally unwilling to even give them time off the bench, preferring instead to rely on a heavy amount of experience.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2019, 08:56:32 PM »
Well,perhaps the bre should hold up a sheet with his name on,to show the powers that be exactly how well he's thought of by the supporters.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2019, 06:27:05 PM »
To be dropped after Livermore's ban, despite looking at home?  Could be behind Livermore, Brunt and Morrison again?

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2019, 06:30:17 PM »
Whilst I agree that he is doing really well, I think we need to assess him after a few more games really. Did well today and looked very comfortable in the role but there is no reason why we cannot be looking for other options in midfield....
MAGA!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2019, 07:20:41 PM »
He was steady. Not as good as last week but he was playing the Phillips role. He won't keep Matty out on that showing, he needed a really stellar performance to get himself ahead of Brunt Morrison and Livermore in the management thinking and he didn't provide it. That said I hope he starts next Monday at Bolton and puts in that performance. Anything that marginalises cloggers like Jake Livermore is good for the club.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Xpresso

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2019, 08:43:21 PM »
Thought he did well today, Wonderful to see some pace in our midfield, particularly bearing in mind he's not played much first-team football yet and his fitness levels probably aren't quite there. He certainly looks a good long-term prospect.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2019, 08:50:34 PM »
Thought he did well today, Wonderful to see some pace in our midfield, particularly bearing in mind he's not played much first-team football yet and his fitness levels probably aren't quite there. He certainly looks a good long-term prospect.
Agreed I think we have a really good player here give him a good run in the team now and he will be streets ahead of Brunt and Morrison.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2019, 08:52:46 PM »
A steady performance imo, but he's very young and hopefully he'll get better and better with more games. I think he got caught in possession on a couple of times, but he'll get used to being closed down quicker in the first team and when not to overplay.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2019, 11:33:08 PM »
We need to agree a new contract with him ASAP. Be sick to see him playing against us next year.

baggiesboots

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2019, 01:11:24 AM »
He was steady. Not as good as last week but he was playing the Phillips role. He won't keep Matty out on that showing, he needed a really stellar performance to get himself ahead of Brunt Morrison and Livermore in the management thinking and he didn't provide it. That said I hope he starts next Monday at Bolton and puts in that performance. Anything that marginalises cloggers like Jake Livermore is good for the club.
If he plays like he did on Sat, he should be automatically already infront of Morrison and Brunt, after all, he can actually run with pace and pass accurately, not like the other two, who are finished at this level, this team needs regeneration. Not  a constant rotation of has bin 30 plus year olds. It's time to move on from the Brunt and Morrison safety net.o
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:13:41 AM by baggiesboots »

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2019, 06:05:18 AM »
When I started this thread back in August, I had a feeling we had a star in the making. He still has a long way to go, but he will get there. He must not be benched in favour of Morrison, Brunt, et al, and should definitely retain his place at Bolton. Our young players need to be nurtured however, as they have had little game time at any level . Field could have come on with 15-20 minutes remaining yesterday to bolster midfield/defence when we new Norwich would intensify their pressure. The management team need to show confidence in our youngsters for the run in, and give them more exposure. The introduction of Leko at such at late stage was tokenary and pointless.
Frankly Robson-Kanu, Rodriguez, Brunt, Morrison and Livermore have not covered themselves in glory this season, and have often looked "done-for" in the latter stages of games. Timely substitutions by fresh legs of our younger players, may well have resulted in more points on the board.

Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2019, 08:20:58 AM »
I expect him to be benched in favour of Livermore, Brunt or Morrison quite soon.

Would this be fair?  I think not.

wardy65

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2019, 10:28:40 AM »
Very good performance by Rakeem yesterday. Given it was such a big game, the lad must've been nervous, & that can take massively from your energy levels, but this lad seemed to be getting stronger as the game went on, & was the player pushing for a winner on 90+ minutes.
My message to the club is, ring him up now, get him to the ground, & get his contract sorted before he leaves the room, because we're on dangerous ground playing him in high profile games, when he could easily be tapped up!
Potentially, the answer to our midfield problem, get it sorted Albion!

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2019, 11:05:57 AM »
We have been saying it all season, Get legs in that midfield next to Barry/Phillips, Sign Woods etc, And yet behind Livermore, Brunt, Morrison, We had our own talent all along. Why do clubs over complicate things, Football at it's core isn't a hard game to understand, It's decision making getting in the way.

Harper and Barry was great yesterday.

Literally all our 30+ players should always have been backups not first teamers on a regular basis.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2019, 11:21:33 AM »
When I started this thread back in August, I had a feeling we had a star in the making. He still has a long way to go, but he will get there. He must not be benched in favour of Morrison, Brunt, et al, and should definitely retain his place at Bolton. Our young players need to be nurtured however, as they have had little game time at any level . Field could have come on with 15-20 minutes remaining yesterday to bolster midfield/defence when we new Norwich would intensify their pressure. The management team need to show confidence in our youngsters for the run in, and give them more exposure. The introduction of Leko at such at late stage was tokenary and pointless.

Frankly Robson-Kanu, Rodriguez, Brunt, Morrison and Livermore have not covered themselves in glory this season, and have often looked "done-for" in the latter stages of games. Timely substitutions by fresh legs of our younger players, may well have resulted in more points on the board.

He played well yesterday and v well against Wigan, could have done with a rest at 70 mins (although in his case I get why they would also leave him out there)

The Leko sub was stupid at best, personally I would have been straight in to the manager after the match about it, if other clubs look at his stats it shows he played 0goals 0assists , keep doing that to someone and it can get to them

On HRK , am I the only one that thought he had a really good game?
He may not be who we all, wanted but the effort is undeniable and yesterday I thought is power and hold up were fantastic?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 11:35:29 AM by OldburyWBA »
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

mig

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2019, 12:14:29 PM »
If we don't play Harper consistently and from the start then we can't blame him if he refuses to sign a new contract and leaves for free at the end of the season.

My concern is that when Livermore is back, it will be Harper who loses his place because it's the easier option than having to drop an experienced pro.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2019, 12:35:38 PM »
Excellent most of the game yesterday and looks a real talent given his age.

Many of us wondered months ago why he hadn't been given a go ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2019, 01:48:53 PM »
Hey mig, why not have Livermore, Harper and Barry in midfield.
Phillips Gayle Jrod front three.
Holgate,Dawson Hegazi Gibbs
Johnson.
I think that's our number 1 line up now,stick with it all the way.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2019, 02:04:49 PM »
Thought he had a decent game, clearly running on fumes for the last twenty minutes though. Not sure but I think they got his name wrong on the big screen prior to the game. Only saw it fleetingly but it looked like Rak' as opposed to Rek'. Definitely got Robson-Kanu wrong though, unless he's changed his name to Roson-Kanu that is  :-X .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2019, 02:24:31 PM »
Johnson.

That's the 3 I'd play in midfield too, all of them can tackle and Barry and Harper look to play us forward.

Brunt and Morrison should be on the bench and Barry should be captain.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

mig

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2019, 06:04:52 PM »
Johnson.

Yep I agree that would be a good trio. My concern isnt really based on the opinion that Harper should play specifically instead of Livermore - I agree Livermore is part of our strongest XI.

Rather I'm worried that when Livermore is back it will be Harper who makes way instead of Brunt, Mozza or whoever else it is in the side at that time.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2019, 01:38:07 PM »
The thing I liked most about him was that he didn't go charging around mad-headed. He kept the teams shape and used his energy in bursts to better effect.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2019, 01:56:59 PM »
Looked up and sprayed a quality ball out to Holgate who provided the cross for the goal.

Good vision and composure from all concerned.

Well played.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2019, 02:04:50 PM »
The thing I liked most about him was that he didn't go charging around mad-headed. He kept the teams shape and used his energy in bursts to better effect.

I thought he did the first 20 minutes or so. He was trying too hard.
Once he relaxed a bit and the adreneline levels had gone back down he was finer
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'