Author Topic: Ahmed Hegazi leaves for Al-Ittihad  (Read 245511 times)

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

Re: Ahmed Hegazi
« Reply #625 on: December 21, 2019, 08:47:09 PM »
That doesn't sound good at all. Let's hope it gets sorted i think he's a key player for us. He is better than Bartley.

He is not better than Bartley this season

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #626 on: December 21, 2019, 08:58:37 PM »
He is not better than Bartley this season

Correct, Bartley is in form and hard to drop at the moment but i think overall Hegazi is a better player. That's not me saying Bartley is bad or anything.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #627 on: December 21, 2019, 11:46:47 PM »
In the In Game thread, Geoff suggested he’d had a nock

I did, but ive since read somethink happened at the training groung & him not being in the squad was due to a disciplinary matter after asking if a bid had come in for him. reading between the lines he could have kicked off (verbally i mean).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 11:53:20 PM by geoff »

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #628 on: December 21, 2019, 11:52:47 PM »
Must say O'Shea did well as a replacement for Bartley today. Got some good interceptions in and confident with his passing. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #629 on: December 22, 2019, 12:11:33 AM »
I did, but ive since read somethink happened at the training groung & him not being in the squad was due to a disciplinary matter after asking if a bid had come in for him. reading between the lines he could have kicked off (verbally i mean).
Maybe he’s pee’d off about Slavin nicking his cap for the Blues game.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #630 on: December 22, 2019, 03:37:53 AM »
Was a £125 hat... ;D

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #631 on: December 22, 2019, 07:34:41 AM »
Firstly this is disappointing in that it is the first instance of ill-discipline that we have seen since Bilic arrived and while there are about 5 players in the squad who are getting very little game time Hegazi being one of them and they all must be frustrated. However Hegazi kicked off which is not what you want to see.

Secondly a bid of around £2m for a player with a £10m release clause might be described as derisory but on the little I've seen of him this season anyone paying more would be a fool. Bartley on current form is the better player and if I had to lose one I would chose Hegazi.

Thirdly well done Bilic for not indulging the senior player kicking him into the stands and giving the shirt to O'Shea who on the evidence of yesterday will be a decent replacement if Bartley is out for a few games.

It will be interesting to see how this develops. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #632 on: December 22, 2019, 08:17:26 AM »
When Hegazi has been given opportunities, he has been quite poor this season.
Baggie in Southampton

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #633 on: December 22, 2019, 09:13:06 AM »
Firstly this is disappointing in that it is the first instance of ill-discipline that we have seen since Bilic arrived and while there are about 5 players in the squad who are getting very little game time Hegazi being one of them and they all must be frustrated. However Hegazi kicked off which is not what you want to see.

Secondly a bid of around £2m for a player with a £10m release clause might be described as derisory but on the little I've seen of him this season anyone paying more would be a fool. Bartley on current form is the better player and if I had to lose one I would chose Hegazi.

Thirdly well done Bilic for not indulging the senior player kicking him into the stands and giving the shirt to O'Shea who on the evidence of yesterday will be a decent replacement if Bartley is out for a few games.

It will be interesting to see how this develops.

“On the little I’ve seen of him this season”

Remind me - how many minutes has he played?  Hardly at all. Has he actually even started a game? 

He’s been very unfortunate to get injured and lose his place to two players who have been outstanding. Of course he’s disappointed.  However if he’s to be allowed to leave then we should not be giving his away for a fraction of what he’s worth.  He’s 28 and anything less than £6m/£7m with 3 years left on his contract would be a steal.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #634 on: December 22, 2019, 09:16:22 AM »
I am one of Hegazi's biggest fans I think he is superb. However given our league position it's hardly surprising that Slaven didn't bring him back into the starting line up. I totally understand that and Hegazi needs to be professional enough to understand that as well and to respect it.

It's hard to say much more given we don't really know what's happened. Until we know a bit more it's hard to give a reasoned view. We can all speculate but all we know so far is there was an incident at the training ground and we have reportedly rejected a bid for him.

Does he want to go?
Did that news lead to him having a go at Slav for not picking him?
Did it lead to an argument about something else that we've not heard about?
Did it cause an argument between players?
Did he refuse to be substitute yesterday?

Who knows?

Need more to come to light.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #635 on: December 22, 2019, 09:26:57 AM »
It's a bigger picture issue for me. Who would I want at centre back in the PL? It's definitely not Kyle Bartley.

Presuming this is a minor issue, let's hope it's now been dealt with and Hegazi plays on Thursday.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #636 on: December 22, 2019, 09:31:22 AM »
I am one of Hegazi's biggest fans I think he is superb. However given our league position it's hardly surprising that Slaven didn't bring him back into the starting line up. I totally understand that and Hegazi needs to be professional enough to understand that as well and to respect it.

It's hard to say much more given we don't really know what's happened. Until we know a bit more it's hard to give a reasoned view. We can all speculate but all we know so far is there was an incident at the training ground and we have reportedly rejected a bid for him.

Does he want to go?
Did that news lead to him having a go at Slav for not picking him?
Did it lead to an argument about something else that we've not heard about?
Did it cause an argument between players?
Did he refuse to be substitute yesterday?

Who knows?

Need more to come to light.

Have seen some rumours of a training ground fight with HRK.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #637 on: December 22, 2019, 09:34:51 AM »
Have seen some rumours of a training ground fight with HRK.

Can you expand on that at all mate?

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #638 on: December 22, 2019, 09:40:43 AM »
The acid test will be what his attitude to what’s happened and whether he’s in the team Thursday, we all have bad days you never know he might have had a barny with his mrs that morning, sat in traffic on the M5 for 90 minutes and somethings happened and he’s gone off. There’s no way I’d accept anything under £7 mill for him the guy was arguably the best cb in the league last season.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #639 on: December 22, 2019, 09:46:59 AM »
Can you expand on that at all mate?

It was on a Twitter thread which I’m now struggling to find.  Someone at yesterday’s game said they’d been told that’s what it was about - nothing to do with the transfer bid.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #640 on: December 22, 2019, 10:03:44 AM »
My money would be on the eygptian, got the reach and The Egyptians are a tough bunch, whereas the taffs ....
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #641 on: December 22, 2019, 10:15:30 AM »
"Training ground incident yesterday" according to billic

Could mean numerous things before people jump to conclusions
it could be anything yes, but Bilic did say it was related to the failed transfer bid.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #642 on: December 22, 2019, 10:29:43 AM »
When Hegazi has been given opportunities, he has been quite poor this season.

You can count on your one hand how many opportunities he has had mate so seems abit harsh , on his day he is the best center half at the club

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #643 on: December 22, 2019, 11:30:21 AM »
I would not consider anything less than 10m min
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #644 on: December 22, 2019, 11:49:40 AM »
Who's not had an occasional strop at work?
The key is how you react to it afterwards and if you are prepared to apologise if appropriate, and Ill admit to making a few humble pie apologies in my time
Hopefully a storm in a small Christmas sherry and we continue onward and upward as the happy and tight ship we have been all season
Sorry for thew metaphor laden post too  ;)   
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #645 on: December 22, 2019, 12:16:38 PM »
You can count on your one hand how many opportunities he has had mate so seems abit harsh , on his day he is the best center half at the club

I was going to post similar. He must've only played 100 minutes or so?

Hagazi was one of our stand-out performers last season and this has been forgotten by many. Still a great option at centre back and a better player than Bartley (who I'll admit, has done well this season).
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #646 on: December 22, 2019, 12:17:58 PM »
Hegazi is the best CB at the club if they are all in form and fit to my mind.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #647 on: December 22, 2019, 12:37:49 PM »
Have to hope that this can be sorted out quickly with an apology (presumably from Hegazi). Bilic has experience of episodes that fester on for a while with Payet at West Ham. I guess you could say this is slightly different in that Payet was West Ham's X factor (their Pereira) whereas Hegazi, though a good player, is currently out of the side.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #648 on: December 22, 2019, 01:57:42 PM »
Hopefully, this is just the press making a pyramid out of molehill and AH won't walk like an Egyptian.

Need him as back up as he's quality player when up to speed.

If he is sold then it has to be at least £8m.

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #649 on: December 22, 2019, 02:08:17 PM »
If he wants to go let him go ! We have all seen the other option