Author Topic: 18 Sept 2018 Albion 4 Bristol City 2  (Read 51949 times)

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2018, 12:15:54 PM »
Reckon we will Win this 2-0.

Have to watch out for watkins, brownhill& weimann. All capable of causing us problems
Our biggest downfall is we cause our own problems, cut that out we win comfortably

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2018, 12:16:35 PM »
Just looked and it seems as if City have sold around 1,500 so far. There are just over 1200 left in their section. I'd guess a crowd of somewhere between 21,500 and 22,000.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2018, 12:24:18 PM »
Just looked and it seems as if City have sold around 1,500 so far. There are just over 1200 left in their section. I'd guess a crowd of somewhere between 21,500 and 22,000.
Wont help its on the box aswell

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2018, 12:45:06 PM »
If we start with the same lineup as friday i think Bristol City will win this fairly comfortable but in the long run it may be a blessing in disguise.

They are going to be the first team we have played at home this season who will try and get at us a bit instead of sitting back, ie - Bolton and Stoke (i have no idea what QPR's approach was, i am not sure they did either which may of been a problem!)

Bristol City are pretty quick and pass the ball well too, i expect them to win the midfield battle but also play a bit higher up to cause problems to Dawson, Hegazi and Bartleys passing attempts, i dont think they will go gungho as our attacking players will pick them off but i expect them to put a lot more pressure on than other teams so far.

I think we are only a few tweaks away from being a good side, but it may take a defeat, especially at home for those tweaks to be made.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2018, 01:20:51 PM »
If we start with the same lineup as friday i think Bristol City will win this fairly comfortable but in the long run it may be a blessing in disguise.

They are going to be the first team we have played at home this season who will try and get at us a bit instead of sitting back, ie - Bolton and Stoke (i have no idea what QPR's approach was, i am not sure they did either which may of been a problem!)

Bristol City are pretty quick and pass the ball well too, i expect them to win the midfield battle but also play a bit higher up to cause problems to Dawson, Hegazi and Bartleys passing attempts, i dont think they will go gungho as our attacking players will pick them off but i expect them to put a lot more pressure on than other teams so far.

I think we are only a few tweaks away from being a good side, but it may take a defeat, especially at home for those tweaks to be made.

If they do play as you suggest I expect we'll beat them easily on the break.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: Team
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2018, 02:26:44 PM »
Barry and Tosin in for Brunt and Bartley at the very least

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2018, 02:40:16 PM »
CB and JM have been a dominant force in the dressing room for many years and it seems DM is pandering to that.

The Board had the chance for a clean break and bring in a new broom management and do a reboot of the club. They chose a compromise which is trying to play football the modern way but with the old guard who are just not up to it.

Darren needs to grow a pair and commit to young blood in certain key positions for the rest of the season. I think Bristol will be a stern test. They will fancy their chances of a win.

This I think is true. You can just imagine the influence of the likes of Brunt, Morrison, Dawson while the likes of Field and the other youngsters are almost apologetic and submissive to the old guard (you can see that in the Artist in residence show where Field won't speak ahead of Brunt and Foster. At the end of the day Darren Moore will survive or fall on his own decisions. If he lacks the balls to makes changes that will benefit the team he will regret it down the line.

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2018, 03:37:35 PM »
Barry and Tosin in for Brunt and Bartley at the very least

These are the two changes I would make and I would bring Gibbs back in if he is fit enough.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2018, 05:20:36 PM »

If they do play as you suggest I expect we'll beat them easily on the break.
Rowett said he thought the gaps we left at the back could be exploited on the break, maybe Brum did it better than they could.  I reckon anyone who tries to go toe to toe with us in an attacking ping pong match is asking for trouble given our pace up front, so let's hope Brizzle do try and play football.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2018, 08:51:39 PM »
                                                  Johnstone

Adarabioyo                Dawson               Hegazi                 

Phillips                       Livermore             Field                Gibbs

Barnes

JRod    Gayle.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2018, 08:55:13 PM »
                                                  Johnstone

Barnes

JRod    Gayle.
I'd be happy with that, with Harper coming on for Livermore after around 60 minutes if appropriate.

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2018, 10:02:02 PM »
Quick question regarding young adult tickets (u23)

Do you need any photo id for these tickets?

I bought my daughter (19 Year old) a ticket for the Stoke game and paid full adult price for her you see as I didn't know about this type of ticket.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2018, 10:30:36 PM »
I'd be happy with that, with Harper coming on for Livermore after around 60 minutes if appropriate.

At 2 nil up that would make great sence.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2018, 10:38:32 PM »
Barry in for Brunt, minimum change don't know what to do with Bartley replace with Tosh but center halves would have to move around or got to back four ???

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2018, 11:35:23 PM »
 :o Big Dave put FIELD in the middle with Hoolahan. Or at least in Yacobs position to help our very dodgy defence.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2018, 02:23:58 AM »
Quick question regarding young adult tickets (u23)

Do you need any photo id for these tickets?

I bought my daughter (19 Year old) a ticket for the Stoke game and paid full adult price for her you see as I didn't know about this type of ticket.

Should be OK. You'd be fine actually buying one without ID but you may get an enthusiastic steward on the case if she appears old for her years when coming through the turnstile. If she has photo ID then take it along on the day of the game just in case. NEVER pay full adult price for someone who's in an age category which doesn't apply. My lad's 18 now and still qualified for 'junior' tickets to both Blues and Preston (11-18). As for the Stoke game it was advertised as U23s and students being £15 https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/august/stoke-on-general-sale/ . Always click down the price list if paying online and if over the phone then always double check re the categories. All the best  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

ranvir wba90

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2018, 09:24:41 AM »
3-4-1-2

Johnstone

Dawson
Adarabiyo
Field

Phillips
Barry
Harper
Gibbs

Barnes

Gayle
Rodriguez

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2018, 09:59:07 AM »
                                                  Johnstone

Barnes

JRod    Gayle.

I would go with that aswell, if DM doesn't want to play Field, then pop Barry in there to start.

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2018, 12:03:58 PM »
Should be OK. You'd be fine actually buying one without ID but you may get an enthusiastic steward on the case if she appears old for her years when coming through the turnstile. If she has photo ID then take it along on the day of the game just in case. NEVER pay full adult price for someone who's in an age category which doesn't apply. My lad's 18 now and still qualified for 'junior' tickets to both Blues and Preston (11-18). As for the Stoke game it was advertised as U23s and students being £15 https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/august/stoke-on-general-sale/ . Always click down the price list if paying online and if over the phone then always double check re the categories. All the best  8) .

Thanks for that Dan. Very helpful :)

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2018, 01:01:18 PM »
Almost down to a man, we are leaving Bartley out of the team. I do not disagree with this but should we not ask why he currently looks so bad? I know for a fact that he has previously looked very accomplished at this level. I feel he should be dropped but is just one of 3 very nervous looking centre halves, particularly in away games. I therefore think we are not solving the root cause of the problem by just dropping him.
Just my opinion ……….

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2018, 01:53:48 PM »
Almost down to a man, we are leaving Bartley out of the team. I do not disagree with this but should we not ask why he currently looks so bad? I know for a fact that he has previously looked very accomplished at this level. I feel he should be dropped but is just one of 3 very nervous looking centre halves, particularly in away games. I therefore think we are not solving the root cause of the problem by just dropping him.
Just my opinion ……….

I  think its another one of those 'players suit certain systems'. Ill use GMac as an example, put him in a team that just needs to defend and be compact and you are guaranteed a 8/10 performance, put him in a team that presses 20yards higher up the pitch and it might cause him more problems.

Bartley in a defensive compact system I imagine would look solid. At times in the blues game Jota was literally gliding past him. I still don't think Bartley and Hegazi look comfortable together. Cant really give too much praise to Dawson either lets be honest.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2018, 02:17:57 PM »
Field was the best player on the pitch by a mile in the 2-2 vs Newcastle. His fall from the radar since is amazing.
I can only imagine as he didn't make the bench on Friday that hes injured though so who knows if he is fit enough for tomorrow night.

One things for sure though, it hasn't really worked so far this season yet so it could be time for a change. We havent played well once in 7 games, even the second half vs QPR was more a matter of them being as bad as anything you've seen at the Hawthorns in 10 years, rather than us being outstanding.

If fit I'd play Field over Brunt. I would also drop J-Rod and give Burke a chance to try and stretch things at home.  At the back I'd drop Bartley for Tosin too and put Gibbs back in.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2018, 03:44:47 PM »
I  think its another one of those 'players suit certain systems'. Ill use GMac as an example, put him in a team that just needs to defend and be compact and you are guaranteed a 8/10 performance, put him in a team that presses 20yards higher up the pitch and it might cause him more problems.

Bartley in a defensive compact system I imagine would look solid. At times in the blues game Jota was literally gliding past him. I still don't think Bartley and Hegazi look comfortable together. Cant really give too much praise to Dawson either lets be honest.

Cant argue with that.....

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2018, 04:18:55 PM »
I bet it will be the same team as Friday, but with Gibbs coming back in for Townsend. HRK will come on after 70 mins regardless of how the game is playing out, Barry on after 80 mins for either Brunt or Barnes.

Need to be winning games like this at home, but we're so inconsistent I can't predict it at all.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2018, 05:19:33 PM »
I probably didnt word it how i meant!

I dont think Bristol City will try and go all out attack against us, i think they will play similar to the Blues but a bit higher up and a bit more tempo and pick us off that way.

They have more quality than the Blues, quite often we gave the ball to Blues without them trying anyway but when Blues did pressure us at the back we looked shakey, i expect Bristol City to do that but better and more often.

I dont think many teams with the exception of leeds (what seen so far) will try and go all out attack vs us as we will beat them, got no doubts about our attacking talents, our problems lie at the other end, yet i think it will only take a few tweaks to sort the problems out, i think we will probably have to get beat before those tweaks are put in place though.