Author Topic: Steve Bruce - Manager - SACKED  (Read 422990 times)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Steve Bruce - Manager
« Reply #3000 on: September 14, 2022, 11:10:39 PM »
Being patient is all well and good and Bruce has brought in some good players with one hand tied behind his back BUT one win in nine isn't good enough and there gets to a stage where his position has to be questioned.

Are we there yet? We'll yes questions have to be asked. I'm sure Bruce will still be in charge for the Norwich game on Saturday but a defeat there make for an interesting international break.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3001 on: September 14, 2022, 11:20:49 PM »
Being patient is all well and good and Bruce has brought in some good players with one hand tied behind his back BUT one win in nine isn't good enough and there gets to a stage where his position has to be questioned.

Are we there yet? We'll yes questions have to be asked. I'm sure Bruce will still be in charge for the Norwich game on Saturday but a defeat there make for an interesting international break.
Agree with a lot of this , Bruce has started turning the squad around . Its a results business though sadly for him.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3002 on: September 14, 2022, 11:22:53 PM »
Here are his words post match from OS:

Steve Bruce was left “frustrated” and “annoyed” by Albion’s performance on Wednesday night as they fell to a 3-2 defeat at home to neighbours Birmingham City.

Scott Hogan scored a hat-trick for the visitors and Bruce says his Baggies side were guilty of not “doing the basics”.

The boss said: “The disappointing thing for me is that we didn’t show up for at least an hour in a derby game.

“We simply didn’t do enough. We didn’t compete well enough, or do all the basics that you need to do in any game of football.

“It’s deeply upsetting.

“In fairness, Blues should’ve scored inside a minute after we made a mistake. You thought that might have woken us up a little bit, but then we go and concede once again inside the opening 15 minutes.

“We were so sloppy. We have to eradicate that.

“We didn’t play until the last 20 minutes. That’s the disappointing thing. We’ve come off second best and the way we’ve come off second best is upsetting.

“We didn’t deal with Deeney well enough. He caused us a physical problem all night.

“We’ve played really well in our last few games here at The Hawthorns, but unfortunately, as has been the case since I’ve been here, we go and throw a performance in like that.

“It’s annoying, it’s frustrating, disappointing and I can understand the frustration of the supporters.”

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3003 on: September 14, 2022, 11:28:29 PM »
I’m utterly staggered he takes no blame whatsoever.

You can’t keep pushing it on the players no matter how bad they play when you don’t address your own failings.

Albion please fire him.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3004 on: September 14, 2022, 11:28:47 PM »
Get him and his son out now .. look at his subs yet kept the same formation his 2nd attempt Jed and Phillips had no idea who should play on the right
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3005 on: September 14, 2022, 11:30:22 PM »
His record during his tenure here is abject. The stats speak for themselves. He absolutely has to go now. Yes not all of this mess is his fault, but he has take a share of the responsibility. We're far too accomodating of his incompetence. The man was never the answer in the first place, we all crossed our fingers and deluded ourselves into thinking that maybe despite common sense telling us otherwise, he wasn't actually that bad, he got some promotions in the past afterall, well it turns out he is as bad as everyone told us, he's an awful manager. He is as actually far worse than I predicted and I had very low expectations. Get him out. If we won't spend compensation on a manager give a coach the job in the interim until a decent one gets sacked, then hire them.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 11:35:03 PM by KingKoren »

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3006 on: September 14, 2022, 11:30:29 PM »
Don’t know how anyone can defend him, Norwich will hit 5 past us and he’ll be gone in the break thankfully.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3007 on: September 14, 2022, 11:35:13 PM »
Remember the days when we had a corner or a free kick … we always seemed to have a plan, done some work in training now it looks like we just lump it in and hope for the best
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

mig

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3008 on: September 14, 2022, 11:37:41 PM »
Got lambasted for criticising him 2 or 3 games ago. There’s a point (and I’d say it’s far beyond one win in nine) is no longer bad luck and becomes bad management. Our squad is thin but it’s good enough at this stage in the season to have won more than one in nine. What is the defense of Bruce now?

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3009 on: September 14, 2022, 11:39:28 PM »
For me he’s the same standard as Alan Pardew . I’m sure he must have started to lose the dressing room by now .

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3010 on: September 14, 2022, 11:40:27 PM »
We have let in the first goal in all games but 2. 1 we won and the other was a 0-0. Surely the manager is responsible for trying to address that. When managers say "the supporters are right to be upset" or we "can't do the basics properly" thats all well and good but the supporters aren't paid to put that right. If the manager consistently says the same thing and fails to change it then it falls squarely at his door.
Also do not be fooled by all the XG / stats nonsense. We have 1 win in 9 that is the stat....

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3011 on: September 14, 2022, 11:43:20 PM »
He also has a win percentage of 28...

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3012 on: September 14, 2022, 11:47:57 PM »
Get him out before he relegates us.

Here for a last pay cheque

He has more coaches than the last manager, yet we are worse.

Absolutely terrible appointment.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3013 on: September 14, 2022, 11:48:14 PM »
His record here is abject. And there’s no signs of it getting better.

We’ve failed to beat Wigan, Huddersfield (who have barely won a game and sacked their gaffer), Cardiff and have lost comfortably to Blues at home.

Those are sides that many would have had in and around the bottom four this season.

That’s a shocking indictment on Bruce. I’m more concerned with what’s below us than above us at the moment.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

mig

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3014 on: September 14, 2022, 11:49:25 PM »
It’s crazy to me that so many defended him for so long. My concern is that if/when he is fired the board will make an equally bad appointment yet again.

tex

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3015 on: September 14, 2022, 11:53:14 PM »
First game this season and I thought Bruce was totally out coached by the opposition. The goals we let in were embarrassing and the tactic of lumping the ball in the air to grant is just not working. Grant did not win one aerial battle tonight. I think we need to move on quickly from SB

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3016 on: September 14, 2022, 11:53:31 PM »
It’s crazy to me that so many defended him for so long. My concern is that if/when he is fired the board will make an equally bad appointment yet again.

I think Ron will ride this out as long as possible. Can't see him sacking Bruce...Although Ron did say "we hired steve as he will hit the ground running and get immediate results".... :o

mig

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3017 on: September 14, 2022, 11:56:10 PM »
Doubt Parker would want to manage a team 'up North' shame Sunderland have appointed my choice

Yep. Mowbray would have this team top six despite the owner.

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3018 on: September 15, 2022, 12:00:36 AM »
The discussions will have began at the club by now hopefully, they’ve basically got one more roll of the dice and then we, as a club are out of chances.

As much as I want him out tomorrow they’ll no doubt give him the Norwich game and then pull the plug. In classic Albion style we’ve allowed some great free options to already get snapped up.

As much as I want Bruce out, I dread to think who this lot they could appoint.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3019 on: September 15, 2022, 12:13:56 AM »
Hopefully sacked ASAP and we have the international break to get a replacement.

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3020 on: September 15, 2022, 12:20:36 AM »
At  the current performance level this season we are going to end up with 5 league wins for the season . If we do nothing relegation will become increasingly inevitable under Bruce . Act now  Ron Gourlay !

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3021 on: September 15, 2022, 01:52:56 AM »
Bruce is in the wrong job if he was being measured as Director of football it wouldnt be seen as that bad. (Not good either)

He put livermore phillips and bartley on the bench. Reach has slowly been phased out. He got rid of mowatt and Robinson.

The starting line up on paper has improved wholeheartedly. Wallace swift and yokuslu. Reinvigorated Grady. However he didnt fix striking or gk options. Also pieters coming in looks an improvement at left back.

However manager on results what 8 wins in 28 is it? Or just this season 1 in 9 is terrible. We have a great chance of getting relegated. Playoffs is now the best we can probably hope for. I feel i did as i did with ismael and billic before him that sacking is not going to end up in a better coach (they have got progressively worse). But he has a better line up than we did under ismael. And overall minus periera i would say better than under billic

As i dont think we are going up this year. If we stay in the league and finally ship out bartley, Livermore and Zohore. And continue the long project.

He will be gone after Norwich put us to the sword
O Albion we love you

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3022 on: September 15, 2022, 01:57:49 AM »
Given the calamities in our defence, Bruce’s decision to loan out Cedric Kipre looks more bizarre by the day .

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3023 on: September 15, 2022, 06:56:24 AM »
I’m uncomfortable with the whole situation with Bruce . Firstly his relationship with Gourlay , then his son as assistant , we then appoint a medical director surprise surprise it’s one of his mates . What is this guy being measured against this bloody xg nonsense or actual points on the board . We are stuck with the guy with complacency and laziness rife . Only going one way .

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3024 on: September 15, 2022, 07:00:25 AM »
Matches   W   D   L   Goals   Points   PPM
26   7   10   9   32:34   31   1.19

His record is simply atrocious. Judge him on this season I was told months ago. Well I am judging him on this season and it’s 1 win from 9 and 1 point per game which would  be close to taking us down.

Surely they have to replace him, not that I have any faith in them replacing him with the right man. After all, Bruce was appointed from a shortlist of one as Ron  said at the time. Utter nonsense