Author Topic: Steve Bruce - Manager - SACKED  (Read 423022 times)

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

Re: Steve Bruce - Manager
« Reply #2975 on: September 14, 2022, 10:22:29 PM »
He's not entirely to blame for the rubbish served up but he's not the answer going forward. 

Are the players good enough? IMO not at all.  There's about 7 or 8 of this squad who are no where near good enough for a top championship team.

Its going to get worse before it gets better.  A relegation is a high possibility with or without Bruce.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2976 on: September 14, 2022, 10:22:42 PM »
I’ve turned…this can’t continue.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Blowee

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2977 on: September 14, 2022, 10:23:47 PM »
Not defending Val but we have gone from top 6 to bottom 5 in less than a season. Bruce has been finished for a number of years. Only an idiot would have appointed him. I fear for the next stupid appointment. The incompetent fools who are running this club into the ground are pathetic.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2978 on: September 14, 2022, 10:24:47 PM »
All his ex-teams fan said the same. He will talk his way into a situation where you have to pay him off and he will walk away smiling.

I still can't believe we had the chance to let him go for free and did not exercise it.

What a toxic, shameless club we have become.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2979 on: September 14, 2022, 10:24:55 PM »
Said it in the in-game chat, literally nobody would do a worse job than Bruce. Ismael was miles ahead of this dinosaur fraud, and I didn't particularly rate him, got far more out of a worse squad.

This club and it's disgusting obsession with the manager merry-go-round, every time you think we're finally off it we jump straight back on and it's yet another abject failure. What next, we go back to Pardew? Pulis? It's an old boys club, ran by idiots, left behind by modern football.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2980 on: September 14, 2022, 10:25:07 PM »
Criminal to keep him on in the summer with the break clause. Going to cost us now to remove him.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Blowee

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2981 on: September 14, 2022, 10:26:25 PM »
Let’s finish the season now. End of season theme - cabbages at Carrow on Saturday?

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2982 on: September 14, 2022, 10:26:27 PM »
You could tell early on this season he wasn’t tactically anywhere near most of the managers he’s come up against. So out of his depth it’s scary given his so called experience.

He should have gone when the play offs last year were no longer achievable but if they don’t sack him tomorrow or Friday then this club will finish bottom 3.

He’s been a disaster.

Baggiee_Boyy_Benn

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2983 on: September 14, 2022, 10:28:26 PM »
How has this man not been sacked? Seems like the people who believe in him think a win and we will get on a run where is the evidence to suggest this I can’t remember us putting 3 decent performances under Bruce.

He needs to be sacked.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2984 on: September 14, 2022, 10:29:52 PM »
How has this man not been sacked? Seems like the people who believe in him think a win and we will get on a run where is the evidence to suggest this I can’t remember us putting 3 decent performances under Bruce.

He needs to be sacked.

His mates in charge of the sacking i think

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2985 on: September 14, 2022, 10:31:13 PM »
Bruce would be in trouble at any other club but this is us who couldn't complete two signings  through late paperwork or sign a striker all summer.

We're a shadow of the club we should be, embarrassing to be honest but sacking Bruce won't solve the real problems.

This season and for the foreseeable is about survival/ staying in the championship.

LAI OUT

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2986 on: September 14, 2022, 10:33:55 PM »
The only reason for sticking with Bruce is the club is more than capable of finding someone worse.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2987 on: September 14, 2022, 10:36:17 PM »
I felt at the time Bruce was probably too old , I do feel he's building a better squad and some of the football has been decent  .
That said its a results game and we aren't getting them , I will point out there are several of the older players letting another manager down .
Look forward to another manager struggling with past it players on big money , a owner who doesn't care and not a pot to urine in .

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2988 on: September 14, 2022, 10:38:17 PM »
The only reason for sticking with Bruce is the club is more than capable of finding someone worse.

I looked enviously at Blues with Keith downing as their coach, someone who worked with Roy here and helped keep us up in spite of the chaotic pepe mel tenure. Then I saw Alex and Steve Bruce on our bench and thought how we've fallen as a club. The Bruces make most coaches look like Pep with their 90s approach to 'chuck on a few good lads and hope to get a win'

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2989 on: September 14, 2022, 10:41:10 PM »
The 3 subs brought on with a combined age of nearly 100 just brought it all home for me.

Say what you want about Steve Bruce but in 1 window he's got us top of the 'oldest squad average age' table officially.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2990 on: September 14, 2022, 10:41:28 PM »
Genuinely stunned at how he still does the exact same thing every game. He'll get the Norwich game and it will be groundhog day again. Grant as lone-striker and lump crosses in, concede first, forwards wake up and start playing a bit, drop off again, no tactical changes, and then draw or lose.

Sack him now and there's an outside chance at playoffs with a competent manager. Wait and we'll be hiring someone to rescue us from relegation.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2991 on: September 14, 2022, 10:43:49 PM »
The 3 subs brought on with a combined age of nearly 100 just brought it all home for me.

Say what you want about Steve Bruce but in 1 window he's got us top of the 'oldest squad average age' table officially.
In fairness he's stuck with them , Phillips and Livermore well past it ....we know it , Bruce knows it .
Only funds we had went on Kelly and Pieters , thats your man Lai's doing .

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2992 on: September 14, 2022, 10:43:59 PM »
I’ve said it . Tonight was hopefully the nadir of the season and board relieve him of his position overnight. Should not have been appointed in the first place, should not have been retained in the summer and should not last any longer than that performance, if you can call it that, this evening
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 07:43:05 AM by Dexy »

Regis Rocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2993 on: September 14, 2022, 10:44:12 PM »
. Brilliant post!
I eat balti pies in the Smethwick...Mmmmm!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2994 on: September 14, 2022, 10:46:23 PM »
In fairness he's stuck with them , Phillips and Livermore well past it ....we know it , Bruce knows it .
Only funds we had went on Kelly and Pieters , thats your man Lai's doing .

Me feelings towards Lai are stronger than anyone else don't worry!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2995 on: September 14, 2022, 10:48:04 PM »
Didn't want him at the start, don't want him now and won't want him Saturday even if we get 3 points.

Mirror images of his times at former clubs, never his fault despite him repeating the same mistakes time and time again with his band of yes men following him from job to job and Morrison there to keep the fans happy to have an "Albion" man around.

Lai has his share of the blame to take, players have their share but results matter and come Saturday we could be in the bottom 3 after almost a quarter of the season.

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2996 on: September 14, 2022, 10:50:17 PM »
Didn't want him at the start, don't want him now and won't want him Saturday even if we get 3 points.

Mirror images of his times at former clubs, never his fault despite him repeating the same mistakes time and time again with his band of yes men following him from job to job and Morrison there to keep the fans happy to have an "Albion" man around.

Lai has his share of the blame to take, players have their share but results matter and come Saturday we could be in the bottom 3 after almost a quarter of the season.

Insanity is repeating the same the things and expecting the same results. Potato Head...tick
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2997 on: September 14, 2022, 10:58:34 PM »
Looking forward to the corner flag on social media tomorrow.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2998 on: September 14, 2022, 11:04:31 PM »
Why would you go with 1 striker and 2 defensive midfielders at home to a poor side?

Absolutely criminal.

I actually think one of Bruce's major failings this season has been that we are too gung-ho which leads us susceptible in transition. Look at the goals tonight, the second in particular, one player in the central midfield zone and both full backs high up and it isn't like we have defenders comfortable playing that high and that exposed, not that many would be.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2999 on: September 14, 2022, 11:05:46 PM »
I actually think one of Bruce's major failings this season has been that we are too gung-ho which leads us susceptible in transition. Look at the goals tonight, the second in particular, one player in the central midfield zone and both full backs high up and it isn't like we have defenders comfortable playing that high and that exposed, not that many would be.
Touched on this in another thread , totally agree .
You can't say we have a DM as they all go forward.