Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 851355 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #2925 on: February 09, 2019, 10:19:39 PM »
If he played in the middle of the front three then he’d be playing deeper. I take your point but I think it works fine and he’s scored plenty starting out wide.

Doesn't matter, he finds himself deep playing out wide, on numerous occasions today he came looking for the ball on halfway. Meanwhile Rodriguez is stinking up the place again. It's almost as if when we didn't sell Jay in the summer we guaranteed him a starting game at centre forward.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2926 on: February 09, 2019, 10:49:46 PM »
Darren switched Rodriguez and Gayle after about 20 mins. Gayle promptly scores, we line up from the resulting kick off with Gayle back out wide..

Darren's only major mistake this season imo is wasting Dwight Gayle. He'd be close to 30 goals if he'd played regularly through the middle.

Saw a stat yesterday that he has (before tonight) scored more goals coming in from out wide than through the middle, sure it was on Twitter possibly from Chris Lepkowski not 100% sure
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2927 on: February 09, 2019, 10:50:21 PM »
Saw a stat yesterday that he has (before tonight) scored more goals coming in from out wide than through the middle, sure it was on Twitter possibly from Chris Lepkowski not 100% sure

He's had no choice  :D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2928 on: February 09, 2019, 10:56:10 PM »
Darren your doing ok apart from
Bartley being any where near the team or bench.
Gayle not being played as a centre forward always.
Brunty never in the middle,on the left or not at all.
Harper needs to start.
Jrod,should not be guaranteed to start everygame.
Nomore 3 at the back wingback experimentations,with limited centre halves expected to bring the ball out.
Apart from this and a few dodgy subs ala taking Barnes off v Boro Away,everything good,if Phillips gets back soon and the loan signings work out we might be ok

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2929 on: February 10, 2019, 12:42:24 AM »
Job well done today Dave, tactics & subs to do the job spot on.  :D

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2930 on: February 10, 2019, 01:48:12 AM »
Darren your doing ok apart from
Bartley being any where near the team or bench.
Gayle not being played as a centre forward always.
Brunty never in the middle,on the left or not at all.
Harper needs to start.
Jrod,should not be guaranteed to start everygame.
Nomore 3 at the back wingback experimentations,with limited centre halves expected to bring the ball out.
Apart from this and a few dodgy subs ala taking Barnes off v Boro Away,everything good,if Phillips gets back soon and the loan signings work out we might be ok

Darren your doing a great job. My advice is don't listen to a lot of people on this forum and stick to your guns. They wanted the "experienced" bloke down the road at Villa Park :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:52:23 AM by SirTonyM »

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2931 on: February 10, 2019, 06:33:28 AM »

I've been telling people for weeks that it makes no difference him starting from out wide. People just have it in their minds that your main goalscorer should play through the middle because that's what they grew up with, instead of understanding the modern game.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2932 on: February 10, 2019, 06:45:57 AM »
I thought he got his subs spot on yesterday.
They bought there big useless lump at the back on (Shawcross) and we responded in like by bringing our big useless lump at the back on.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2933 on: February 10, 2019, 07:39:22 AM »

I've been telling people for weeks that it makes no difference him starting from out wide. People just have it in their minds that your main goalscorer should play through the middle because that's what they grew up with, instead of understanding the modern game.

Same. Totally agree.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2934 on: February 10, 2019, 08:43:21 AM »
He has his flaws, but so do our young crop of players who we would state “are learning their trade” so why don’t we cut DM some slack?

Yesterday’s first half was superb, an excellent display of football. Had the chance in the second half gone in (where Johansen/JRod/Gibbs were all involved in the quick flow of football) we’d have been screaming about that goal for years.

The second half was, despite everybody telling us he had no idea about game management after Weds’ cup defeat, outstanding game management.

With a limited budget, an ageing squad, and overrated squad, on the back of relegation, a club in turmoil, Darren Moore has played a huge part in rebuilding both the team and the club.

The away followings are superb, the football is so much better with improvements still clearly visible. He has helped reignite Albion on so many levels.

And for anyone who thinks he can’t see flaws, we now have the 2nd best defence in the league since switching to a back four (since early November).

He has his flaws, he has areas of improvement, but I for one am enjoying Big Dave’s reign.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2935 on: February 10, 2019, 10:46:14 AM »
I thought he got his subs spot on yesterday.
They bought there big useless lump at the back on (Shawcross) and we responded in like by bringing our big useless lump at the back on.
superb, thank God there wasn't much time left for (Bartley) to cause any damage.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2936 on: February 10, 2019, 11:39:59 AM »
He has his flaws, but so do our young crop of players who we would state “are learning their trade” so why don’t we cut DM some slack?

Yesterday’s first half was superb, an excellent display of football. Had the chance in the second half gone in (where Johansen/JRod/Gibbs were all involved in the quick flow of football) we’d have been screaming about that goal for years.

The second half was, despite everybody telling us he had no idea about game management after Weds’ cup defeat, outstanding game management.

With a limited budget, an ageing squad, and overrated squad, on the back of relegation, a club in turmoil, Darren Moore has played a huge part in rebuilding both the team and the club.

The away followings are superb, the football is so much better with improvements still clearly visible. He has helped reignite Albion on so many levels.

And for anyone who thinks he can’t see flaws, we now have the 2nd best defence in the league since switching to a back four (since early November).

He has his flaws, he has areas of improvement, but I for one am enjoying Big Dave’s reign.

Excellent post. It’s certainly a lot quieter on this thread when we win.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2937 on: February 10, 2019, 11:40:40 AM »

Well....
The young players learning their trade will get taken out from time to time, we don't have the luxury of swapping the manager for a few games, he's the no1 every match
I'd also consider there should be no need for "cutting slack" an error is just that, repeating it is bad, repeating it in multiple is negligence.....
I think the majority are very supportive of DM to the point he has been afforded more time and allowed more mistakes
But we have to get away from this "hes one of our own" so cannot be criticised
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2938 on: February 10, 2019, 07:06:07 PM »
superb, thank God there wasn't much time left for (Bartley) to cause any damage.
just what I was thinking when he was coming on.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2939 on: February 10, 2019, 07:29:55 PM »
Well....
The young players learning their trade will get taken out from time to time, we don't have the luxury of swapping the manager for a few games, he's the no1 every match
I'd also consider there should be no need for "cutting slack" an error is just that, repeating it is bad, repeating it in multiple is negligence.....
I think the majority are very supportive of DM to the point he has been afforded more time and allowed more mistakes
But we have to get away from this "hes one of our own" so cannot be criticised

Where did I say he can’t be criticised? I have criticised a few of his decisions this season, away games at Blackburn & Boro for a starters spring to mind where I have questioned some of his decisions.

But that hasn’t stopped me from seeing the plan,5)3 adventurer he has us on.

Just think of City had our stance and got on Pep’s back after that Leicester defeat, look at what we’d have missed out in as football fans.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2940 on: February 10, 2019, 07:57:06 PM »
Where did I say he can’t be criticised? I have criticised a few of his decisions this season, away games at Blackburn & Boro for a starters spring to mind where I have questioned some of his decisions.

But that hasn’t stopped me from seeing the plan,5)3 adventurer he has us on.

Just think of City had our stance and got on Pep’s back after that Leicester defeat, look at what we’d have missed out in as football fans.
What did you mean by cut him some slack,if that doesn’t imply to be lenient with criticism?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2941 on: February 10, 2019, 08:22:26 PM »
First time in a while but I agreed with his team selection and subs, I'm not surprised we won. Didn't post on here after the Brighton game but I was relieved we went out, we need full focus to be on the league. Well done to Darren, hopefully this is a sign of things to come from his in-game management.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2942 on: February 10, 2019, 08:34:40 PM »
What did you mean by cut him some slack,if that doesn’t imply to be lenient with criticism?

Judging from your posts on this thread, you don’t like the majority of DM’s selections or choices, this as I mentioned above is a little hasty given the circumstances he has been dealt.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2943 on: February 10, 2019, 08:48:29 PM »

Would you please enlighten on this aspect of the modern game. Cheers

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2944 on: February 10, 2019, 08:49:52 PM »
Judging from your posts on this thread, you don’t like the majority of DM’s selections or choices, this as I mentioned above is a little hasty given the circumstances he has been dealt.
We are over halfway through the season
He has made many mistakes,we all do we are all human but if we continually repeat them that’s silly
352 took too long to change,Bartley coming out took too long,Harper coming in only happened because it was forced upon him...Brunt repeatedly at CM etc etc

I’d like Moore to be a success,but a successful manager
A makes decisions
B doesn’t need(or expect) slack

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2945 on: February 10, 2019, 09:00:01 PM »
We are over halfway through the season
He has made many mistakes,we all do we are all human but if we continually repeat them that’s silly
352 took too long to change,Bartley coming out took too long,Harper coming in only happened because it was forced upon him...Brunt repeatedly at CM etc etc

I’d like Moore to be a success,but a successful manager
A makes decisions
B doesn’t need(or expect) slack

Disagree.

Any manager with his limited experience is going to make mistakes, the fact that we are the leading scorers, arguably one of the most entertaining teams in the country and now with the 2nd best defence in the league shows he noticed those mistakes and put them right.

We don’t play 352 any more.
Bartley no longer a starter.
Harper needed time, if he had come in during our shambles earlier in the season then he could have crumbled.

You need to forgive and forget a little more, focus on the here and now rather than what happened 6 months ago.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2946 on: February 10, 2019, 10:04:04 PM »
Disagree.

Any manager with his limited experience is going to make mistakes, the fact that we are the leading scorers, arguably one of the most entertaining teams in the country and now with the 2nd best defence in the league shows he noticed those mistakes and put them right.

We don’t play 352 any more.
Bartley no longer a starter.
Harper needed time, if he had come in during our shambles earlier in the season then he could have crumbled.

You need to forgive and forget a little more, focus on the here and now rather than what happened 6 months ago.
What are you disagreeing with?
I said we all make mistakes

You need to stop telling people what they need to do

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2947 on: February 11, 2019, 08:36:05 AM »

The fact you keep banging on about it doesn't mean others can't disagree, and doesn't necessarily mean those who do disagree with you are either entrenched or have no understanding of the modern game either. It means they disagree with you and feel his talents could be more effectively employed.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2948 on: February 11, 2019, 09:50:15 AM »
I reckon DM is doing a good job. I actually thought this season would be one where we hovered around mid table and gradually rebuilt our club. However he has galvanised the club and we are in with a very good chance of promotion. Returning to the PL is not something I relish but I am certainly enjoying the present times with exciting football and actually being entertained.
There will always be some form of criticism of any football manager because we all think we can do it. However my fantasy team is struggling and I've got the whole league squads to pick from !!!
Let Darren get on with it, we would have snapped hands off if we had ben offered 4th place at this stage (with a game in hand) before the season started.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2949 on: February 11, 2019, 10:17:34 AM »
As long as we pick our best players and therefore strongest team then the results look after themselves.