Author Topic: PEACE OUT BANNERS ALL NEXT SEASON?  (Read 14531 times)

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

Re: PEACE OUT BANNERS ALL NEXT SEASON?
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2014, 05:41:30 PM »
If the team have a god start, within a few weeks you will al be backing him. Peace won't go, but hopefully most of you moaners will. Pity some of you had to be Chairman because within a month you would be packing the job in. Lots of you are what is wrong with football. You think you know more about coaching and finance but really know SFA about neither.

Please justify the appointment of Alan f****** Irvine!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 06:58:17 PM by Quakes Fan »

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2014, 05:45:41 PM »
Please justify the appointment of Alan f****** Irvine!
should be aimed at the clubs top brass too!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 06:58:46 PM by Quakes Fan »
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

WBARoberts

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2014, 05:54:52 PM »
If the team have a god start, within a few weeks you will al be backing him. Peace won't go, but hopefully most of you moaners will. Pity some of you had to be Chairman because within a month you would be packing the job in. Lots of you are what is wrong with football. You think you know more about coaching and finance but really know SFA about neither.

Oh no no no.

People like you with no backbone for what's being done at this club are the ones who need to continue your silence. Those that care will speak out - I can tell you now that there will be no good start. You are basing your argument on speculation. Open your eyes and realise what's going on here - we are all being duped by a green eyed chairman and his cronies. Enjoy your seat at the Hawthorns next year, spending those Premier League ticket prices whilst going home cursing every other weekend.

We're done.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2014, 06:04:25 PM »

I had to take a while to calm down before replying to this claptrap and some of the others.The I am such a better fan because I clap my hands and sit down all game. I was there millwall midweek attendance 6k, when bobby Gould was appointed the famous coffin at Shrewsbury but also Bournemouth away fans fighting each other, how fans brought shares to save the club and how Thompson and megson rescued the club and took us up something I never thought I see again and since peace took over I have seen how he gags the managers he has screwed, how he has shown utter contempt to the fans who brought shares and saved your club just to line his pockets, how the accounts are constantly spun every year, the unbelievable treatment of pepe Mel, how our standing in football is so low among players and managers the constant lies he says ( the woodman pub, new stand) and the way he trashes the clubs heritage ( the hawthorns pub sorry coffee shop, and kit) and worst still he has never put a penny of his own money into the club (taking a Barclays loan and getting the club to pay it back) so yes I have had Enough and yes want a refund ( we know what that answer will be so I will go and I will try my hardest to save this football club from his greedy grubby hands) and no I can spend my weekends with my family and regret the fact my son will not grow up being a Baggie but a glory hunting top TV football team. I've had it with football- as Ron Saunders said when he walked out of seal park ' there used to be a football club back there'   
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2014, 06:08:57 PM »
@Brian-not-Jeremy....

I just don't understand where you're coming from at all. First of all, believe you me I WOULD last more than a month on JP's money, you could throw anything at me you would like to cheers, but let's not go there. It's a crass comment.

Instead I wonder what makes you think we have any hope in hell of surviving next season with the choices made over the last couple of years? I have no problem with JP reaping the rewards of premiership status but surely any Chairman should be looking to push a club forwards and not grind it into the dirt. Mel or even Clarke would have fared better with proper support from above but it just wasn't there. We face a desperate and dire season that will make this one look pretty good in comparison. We won't be beating United this year, I'll tell you that. We might not be beating Burnley.

It seems you don't like complainers or doubting Thomases. I post on here and created this post because I am PASSIONATE about my club and hate it when someone is taking the pi$$ out of it as Peace is now most surely doing.

I imagine, if you were living in some oppressed nation, come the revolution you'd still be saying everything was hunky dory and staying in your rocking chair on the porch.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2014, 06:31:12 PM »
If Peace is all about money then why would he appoint the 'cheap option' if it threatened our chances of staying up?

I really don't get some 'supporters'

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2014, 06:46:27 PM »
If Peace is all about money then why would he appoint the 'cheap option' if it threatened our chances of staying up?

But how is Irvine the best available? 

2 years ago WBA were the 28th highest paid football team in the world. With the increase of sky money I'd guess we'd moved up that list (apart from the fact that we currently only have 13 senior players).  So, how come we can only attract such a low profile coach?

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2014, 07:02:54 PM »

Agreed, I really don't get some supporters!

Peace works on the basis of minimum outlay, maximum reward.

He is happy to finish just outside the relegation zone year on year.

We are always one of the lowest payers in terms of players wages, yet Peace pays himself in line with a champions league club.

The savings he makes is never reinvested in the team.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2014, 07:07:07 PM »
But how is Irvine the best available? 

2 years ago WBA were the 28th highest paid football team in the world. With the increase of sky money I'd guess we'd moved up that list (apart from the fact that we currently only have 13 senior players).  So, how come we can only attract such a low profile coach?

He seems to fit best with what the board were after, surely you knew the answer to that?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2014, 07:20:47 PM »
If you don't like the banners you really won't like this attachment

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2014, 07:52:12 PM »
First of all I am fully behind Peace's regime, he has successfully maintained our presence in the PL for the fifth sequential season which he should be commended for and not berated. Be careful what you wish for...

Secondly, why do fans think they have a say in what happens at a football club? It is not a democratic entity, the majority of fans aren't shareholders and therefore have no influence on hierarchical matters. What would be the outcome if Adidas started producing products to one's distaste? The club aren't forcing anyone to consume a product the majority of you are so clearly upset about.

easyrider

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2014, 08:07:02 PM »
jamesh what would the club be without any fans

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2014, 08:35:24 PM »
First of all I am fully behind Peace's regime, he has successfully maintained our presence in the PL for the fifth sequential season which he should be commended for and not berated. Be careful what you wish for...

Secondly, why do fans think they have a say in what happens at a football club? It is not a democratic entity, the majority of fans aren't shareholders and therefore have no influence on hierarchical matters. What would be the outcome if Adidas started producing products to one's distaste? The club aren't forcing anyone to consume a product the majority of you are so clearly upset about.

I fail to see what would be worse than Peace at the helm at this point.

As for your second point, is that even a point?? Correct, if we don't like the product we will feck off. I'm Albion through and through but THIS my friend is not the Albion.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Regis no 1

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2014, 08:44:20 PM »
Easyrider is right no fans no club. We know Peace is a business man and we wouldn't want the club to get into financial trouble but surely you need in reinvest to make the club grow and thrive and to bring in a better quality player. I've spent in access of £18000 in the last 7 seasons on corporate tickets . And would like to think that I have contributed to the club in some way so would like the chance to voice my opinion to the hierarchy but I know it ain't going to happen. I am a true Baggie and have been for over 30 years. And would not think twice about continuing with my support but this is a step to far for me personally.
The Lord is my shepherd .

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2014, 08:49:06 PM »
Easyrider is right no fans no club. We know Peace is a business man and we wouldn't want the club to get into financial trouble but surely you need in reinvest to make the club grow and thrive and to bring in a better quality player. I've spent in access of £18000 in the last 7 seasons on corporate tickets . And would like to think that I have contributed to the club in some way so would like the chance to voice my opinion to the hierarchy but I know it ain't going to happen. I am a true Baggie and have been for over 30 years. And would not think twice about continuing with my support but this is a step to far for me personally.

Measured, rational comment - wish I were less angry and could be this straight about it. Fact remains though we are all massively disappointed. the annoying thing here is that your more than considerable sum of input into the club barely impacts on that Prem money.

Which begs the question.... Premiership status? Irvine????????????????????????

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2014, 08:55:43 PM »
Fact remains though we are all massively disappointed. the annoying thing here is that your more than considerable sum of input into the club barely impacts on that Prem money.

I think it does mate in total with all season tickets and corporate it is considerable?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2014, 09:00:16 PM »
He seems to fit best with what the board were after, surely you knew the answer to that?

A cheap yes man! That is what JP was after!

Regis no 1

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2014, 09:03:26 PM »
Oh I am very angry about the appointment of Irvine I went to bed thinking about it and woke up thinking about about in fact at 20 mins past midnight last night I was writing an email to JP ( which I don't think he will ever get to read ) venting my anger and disgust at Irvine's appointment . And premiership status NEVER ,NEVER, NEVER.
The Lord is my shepherd .

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2014, 09:07:08 PM »
Oh I am very angry about the appointment of Irvine I went to bed thinking about it and woke up thinking about about in fact at 20 mins past midnight last night I was writing an email to JP ( which I don't think he will ever get to read ) venting my anger and disgust at Irvine's appointment . And premiership status NEVER ,NEVER, NEVER.

When I saw it announced I thought it was a wind up!
I obviously hope it works out. But I am very concerned.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2014, 10:00:18 PM »

So the board had the objective of finding a middling coach, who has never achieved anything (positive) no recent senior position, no PL experience.  You think that's the profile they were targeting?

Maybe (just maybe) there are better coaches out there?  Maybe there are more inspiring leaders?  Maybe there are coaches with a better track record of bringing young players into the PL?  Maybe there are options with better contacts for new recruits?  Maybe there are coaches with a better track record of success?  Maybe there are coaches with more potential?

I'm sure there are better options for all these priorities.

What does Irvine excel at?  He's not a jack of all trades either.  Every other coach that was linked to the job was better suited to the role. 

So it must come down to 2 things. 
- Peace believes that Irvine is most suited to have a steady working relationship - which I think means he won't be demanding and won't leak stories. 
- Secondly, Peace thinks that Irvine offers the best value for money - which basically means that Peace doesn't think that a coach makes much difference to the number of points we'll achieve.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2014, 10:04:12 PM »
If you don't like the banners you really won't like this attachment

I just hope these banners keep appearing on the gates.
Baggie in Southampton

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2014, 10:04:33 PM »
Nout wrong with banners.
Very visual way of protesting, hopefully to be picked up by local press.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2014, 10:06:46 PM »
Nout wrong with banners.
Very visual way of protesting, hopefully to be picked up by local press.

Its on CL's twitter account.
Baggie in Southampton

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2014, 10:08:27 PM »
So the board had the objective of finding a middling coach, who has never achieved anything (positive) no recent senior position, no PL experience.  You think that's the profile they were targeting?

Maybe (just maybe) there are better coaches out there?  Maybe there are more inspiring leaders?  Maybe there are coaches with a better track record of bringing young players into the PL?  Maybe there are options with better contacts for new recruits?  Maybe there are coaches with a better track record of success?  Maybe there are coaches with more potential?

I'm sure there are better options for all these priorities.

What does Irvine excel at?  He's not a jack of all trades either.  Every other coach that was linked to the job was better suited to the role. 

So it must come down to 2 things. 
- Peace believes that Irvine is most suited to have a steady working relationship - which I think means he won't be demanding and won't leak stories. 
- Secondly, Peace thinks that Irvine offers the best value for money - which basically means that Peace doesn't think that a coach makes much difference to the number of points we'll achieve.

I'm just as underwhelmed as the next person.

I agree there must have been better options out there in our eyes but for possibly the reasons you state not in the clubs eyes.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2014, 11:15:42 AM »
Is it possible to rent the billboard that overlooks the rainbow stand car park?  Be a good place to make a statement!