Author Topic: Last match against PNE  (Read 1212 times)

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

Last match against PNE
« on: March 20, 2024, 08:51:41 PM »
Well that's almost certainly scuppered my chances of making that match now they've changed the kick off time.

I'm gigging the night before (ironically just outside Preston).

Gutted, I'd really been looking forward to that one.

Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

timdon

• Senior Baggie

Re: Last match against PNE
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 11:00:09 PM »
Book a travel lodge or a premier inn in Preston for after the gig and go to the match the next day. Sorted.  ;D

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 11:27:34 PM »
Book a travel lodge or a premier inn in Preston for after the gig and go to the match the next day. Sorted.  ;D
The match is at the Albion.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 11:36:40 PM »
I'm still trying to work out a way to do it to be fair. Thanks for commenting all the same!!
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 12:07:25 AM »
Well that's almost certainly scuppered my chances of making that match now they've changed the kick off time.

I'm gigging the night before (ironically just outside Preston).

Gutted, I'd really been looking forward to that one.

I might be missing something but neither the official West Brom website or Sky Sports Championship mentions a changed kick-off time - 3.00pm
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 05:35:06 AM »
It's on the WBA OS that all the final day Champo games have been brought forward to a 1230pm kick off but isn't that the norm these days for final day?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2024, 08:00:30 AM »
It's on the WBA OS that all the final day Champo games have been brought forward to a 1230pm kick off but isn't that the norm these days for final day?

That's what I thought, pretty sure Swansea last season and the Barnsley game the season before both kicked off at 12.30.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2024, 08:43:21 AM »

That's what I thought, pretty sure Swansea last season and the Barnsley game the season before both kicked off at 12.30.

It doesn't really matter whether it's the norm for recent seasons (which it is). What matters is that early kickoffs are a pain in the bajangas for many supporters. All kicking off at the same time is fine. So why not make it 3pm? Probably because it would impact Sky's viewing figures for Prem fixtures on the same day.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2024, 11:01:34 AM »
The match is at the Albion.
So it is. Silly me. It had been a long day  ;D

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2024, 01:54:16 PM »
So it is. Silly me. It had been a long day  ;D

No worries, the point and the problem remains the same.

It negatively impacts the supporters... do they realise we are the reason for the game?

P.S. hope you get some decent kip  ;)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2024, 02:21:19 PM »
It doesn't really matter whether it's the norm for recent seasons (which it is). What matters is that early kickoffs are a pain in the bajangas for many supporters. All kicking off at the same time is fine. So why not make it 3pm? Probably because it would impact Sky's viewing figures for Prem fixtures on the same day.

You're going to be unhappy with the play off games then : 1st leg Sunday 12th at 12.30, 2nd leg Thursday 16th 8pm....that's assuming we make it to the play offs.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2024, 02:24:56 PM »

We all know Sky don't give a toss though

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2024, 03:44:12 PM »
You're going to be unhappy with the play off games then : 1st leg Sunday 12th at 12.30, 2nd leg Thursday 16th 8pm....that's assuming we make it to the play offs.

You're citing playoff kickoff times as prospective reasons for me to be unhappy when I'm having a perfectly justifiable moan about all the final games being brought forward on a Saturday. Now a regular Saturday league fixture and a two legged playoff aren't exactly the same kettle of fish are they  ;D ?

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2024, 05:36:34 PM »

We may be more likely to be in the Monday 13th and Friday 17th dates. Both at 8pm. If we do make the playoffs of course.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2024, 07:59:46 PM »
You're citing playoff kickoff times as prospective reasons for me to be unhappy when I'm having a perfectly justifiable moan about all the final games being brought forward on a Saturday. Now a regular Saturday league fixture and a two legged playoff aren't exactly the same kettle of fish are they  ;D ?
I  was basing it on the numerous posts you've made bemoaning changed kick off times.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2024, 09:14:40 PM »
I  was basing it on the numerous posts you've made bemoaning changed kick off times.

Fair enough, context clearly isn't your thing  ;) .