Author Topic: New Kit for next season  (Read 23818 times)

SC_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: New Kit for next season
« Reply #225 on: August 19, 2023, 04:11:54 PM »
The home kit is looking nice on match days

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #226 on: March 20, 2024, 11:45:32 AM »
Suggestion online that next season we may be switching from Puma to Macron?
No idea if there’s any truth in it.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #227 on: March 20, 2024, 12:09:36 PM »
Suggestion online that next season we may be switching from Puma to Macron?
No idea if there’s any truth in it.

Read rumours to the same effect but that may just be down to Macron being the suppliers for Shilen Patel's other club interest Bologna. Think they're the third biggest kit supplier but from what I've seen their products are a bit hit and miss in terms of both design and quality.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Mooncat

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #228 on: March 20, 2024, 12:52:47 PM »
A quick google found an article (from June 2023) saying the Bham mail had said the Puma deal had an unknown end date, although we have been with them for around 6 years now so 2 x 3 years could mean it's due to expire - although given some previous comments from people in the know the new kits are usually proposed and signed off way before now - I've got in my head that December was mentioned previously.

Also curious in the article I found was this comment :
"Looking at what other manufacturers have done with striped kits, examples include Macron’s ‘scribble stripes’ at Crystal Palace, and the clean and classic black and white stripes provided for Newcastle by Castore ahead of the new season."

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #229 on: March 20, 2024, 01:05:53 PM »
If it is Macron I hope they bring back green and yellow stripes for the away strip

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #230 on: March 20, 2024, 01:30:41 PM »
A quick google found an article (from June 2023) saying the Bham mail had said the Puma deal had an unknown end date, although we have been with them for around 6 years now so 2 x 3 years could mean it's due to expire - although given some previous comments from people in the know the new kits are usually proposed and signed off way before now - I've got in my head that December was mentioned previously.

Also curious in the article I found was this comment :
"Looking at what other manufacturers have done with striped kits, examples include Macron’s ‘scribble stripes’ at Crystal Palace, and the clean and classic black and white stripes provided for Newcastle by Castore ahead of the new season."

Ref the scribble stripes, I do hope not

https://macronstorewestmidlands.com/product/children-miram-shirt/
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

WBA.R.K

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #231 on: March 20, 2024, 01:54:48 PM »
Just to preface I have not read anything about the rumour. Surely it would be too late to be a discussion for next season as the designs would've likely been confirmed with Puma for next season already and production of kits are probably underway. I'd imagine if there are discussions it would be for the following season.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #232 on: March 20, 2024, 02:22:05 PM »
I think this stems from an article a few weeks ago, which in turn was a "quote" from Chris Lepkowski's podcast.

"Chris Lepkowski has shared that West Brom have been in contact with Macron to become the club’s new kit manufacturer, with the brand looking to “invest heavily” in English football."

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2024/03/11/west-brom-in-contact-with-new-company-at-the-hawthorns-who-want-to-invest-heavily/

Personally, i hope not as the quality of their stuff is awful.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #233 on: March 20, 2024, 03:00:19 PM »
I think puma have done an excellent job with our home shirts the away shirts have been unique to us also. So part of me would be sad to see that end. However as long as we don't revert to Adidas I will get on with it.
O Albion we love you

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #234 on: March 20, 2024, 03:53:30 PM »
If it is Macron I hope they bring back green and yellow stripes for the away strip
Why? We've had green and yellow stripes for most of the last 5 or 6 seasons. This seasons away kits have been a breath of fresh air in that respect.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #235 on: March 20, 2024, 04:50:13 PM »
Macron produce Bologna's kit. Hence the potential link.It basically who will give the club the best deal. If Macron are looking to break into English market maybe they will pay the club a little more than some of the more established brands like Puma etc...
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #236 on: March 20, 2024, 05:41:21 PM »
Quote from: Hull Baggie link=topic=27935.msg930112#msg930112 [b
date=1710949938]
Why? We've had green and yellow stripes for most of the last 5 or 6 seasons.[/b] This seasons away kits have been a breath of fresh air in that respect.
Because it's become part of our heritage now. We've had navy blue and white for even longer - you could get an even bigger breath of fresh air by changing that  :o

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #237 on: March 20, 2024, 05:45:34 PM »
Macron produce Bologna's kit. Hence the potential link.It basically who will give the club the best deal. If Macron are looking to break into English market maybe they will pay the club a little more than some of the more established brands like Puma etc...

Expand rather than break in as they already supply Crystal Palace, Stoke, Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn. Further to our north and over the border Motherwell, St Mirren, Dundee and St Johnstone are on their portfolio. Over the other side they also supply such footballing heavyweights as Bala Town, Barry Town United and Penybont FC. And they supplied the Vile a few years back too.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #238 on: March 20, 2024, 08:52:40 PM »
Because it's become part of our heritage now. We've had navy blue and white for even longer - you could get an even bigger breath of fresh air by changing that  :o
Blue and white stripes is the clubs identity though. Yellow and green stripes is a 1970's invention.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #239 on: March 20, 2024, 08:53:48 PM »
Why? We've had green and yellow stripes for most of the last 5 or 6 seasons. This seasons away kits have been a breath of fresh air in that respect.

I'm a traditionalist
I think our away strip should always be green and yellow
Though I know I'm in a minority

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #240 on: March 20, 2024, 09:01:02 PM »
I'm a traditionalist
I think our away strip should always be green and yellow
Though I know I'm in a minority
Fair enough. I quite like it myself just not every year.
Is it really traditional though, since it's only been around on and off for about 50 of our 146 year history?

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #241 on: March 20, 2024, 09:25:35 PM »
I find it bizarre seeing a fair number of fans at matches in green and yellow shirts. It looks like a mixture of Albion and Norwich City fans.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #242 on: March 20, 2024, 10:23:29 PM »
I read that Macron Lepkowski rumour on news now on Monday I think about macron and I hoped it was a joke as they are just slightly better than castrate.

I don't like Puma and would much prefer Umbro or Adidas. We have had our best years of late in those strips and one of my favourites was the away black and grey t mobile umbro one.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #243 on: March 20, 2024, 10:56:44 PM »
Blue and white stripes is the clubs identity though. Yellow and green stripes is a 1970's invention.
Yes, but that's well over 50 years the yellow and green has been with us, admittedly with a few gaps. As I said, it's been with us for so long, it's become part of our heritage, so I can see no point in abandoning it now just for the sake of change.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #244 on: March 21, 2024, 07:54:08 AM »
Yes, but that's well over 50 years the yellow and green has been with us, admittedly with a few gaps. As I said, it's been with us for so long, it's become part of our heritage, so I can see no point in abandoning it now just for the sake of change.

Nobody mentioned abandoning it, just not having it for a while since we've had it most seasons for the last 5 or 6 years (either as away or 3rd choice).

We've actually only had a green and yellow striped kit (either away or 3rd choice) for 22 seasons.

I remember how positively it was greeted on it's return in 2018/19 after 12 years. A true case of absence making the heart grow fonder.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #245 on: March 21, 2024, 08:56:27 AM »
Nobody mentioned abandoning it, just not having it for a while since we've had it most seasons for the last 5 or 6 years (either as away or 3rd choice).

We've actually only had a green and yellow striped kit (either away or 3rd choice) for 22 seasons.

I remember how positively it was greeted on it's return in 2018/19 after 12 years. A true case of absence making the heart grow fonder.

Sincerely hope a couple of home kits from the 1880s don't make a comeback as my heart could never grow fond  ;) .

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #246 on: March 21, 2024, 09:41:35 AM »
Whoever it is that makes them, i'd like them to design either our away kit or third kit every season inspired by the older kits of the past, starting with this classic.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #247 on: March 21, 2024, 09:52:34 AM »
Sincerely hope a couple of home kits from the 1880s don't make a comeback as my heart could never grow fond  ;) .

would that he the claret and blue jobbie?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #248 on: March 21, 2024, 10:42:08 AM »
would that he the claret and blue jobbie?

Jobbie being the operative word in this instance ;) . There were a couple of others which remind me of some Crystal Palace creations too.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #249 on: March 21, 2024, 04:00:21 PM »
It's odd how teams have copied the Albion name but know other team I know have copied our of iconic home top.

It's so unique the our last FA cup semi programme didn't even know what our colours were and put black and white stripes.