Author Topic: OFFICIAL SCOTTISH LEAGUES THREAD  (Read 44337 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: OFFICIAL SCOTTISH LEAGUES THREAD
« Reply #150 on: March 07, 2021, 07:38:26 PM »
Well done to Rangers.

It's always good to see clubs win a title for the first time, especially when they've come from the lower leagues. ;D

Behave  :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2021, 10:14:59 AM »
Behave  :D

I mean, where's the lie :-X ;D

Seriously impressive though, I did genuinely doubt Gerrard but this is excellent.
WestBromwichAlbion

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #152 on: March 08, 2021, 12:52:18 PM »
Congratulations to Rangers and job well done to  Stevie G.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2021, 12:59:12 PM »
Rangers have clearly done well but Celtic failing to win 12 of 32 is a rapid collapse. There was no competition for Rangers this season have Celtic have only themselves to blame.

As usual up here the Old Firm bring violence, sectarianism and negativity to the game - George Square in Glasgow trashed last night. I dont know how they get away with it. 

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2021, 06:46:53 PM »
It's not just that Rangers have won the league but they have also been good in Europe too and have beaten some decent sides along the way.

Gerrard deserves praise for what he has achieved in his 3 years at the helm.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2021, 09:58:29 PM »
McInnes has left Aberdeen
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2021, 10:49:08 PM »
McInnes has left Aberdeen
One for us to maybe get in when Big Sam leaves if or when he does can image games against Warnock or Sheffield United with him in Charge would be fun after his history in the Infamous Battle with both.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2021, 11:04:33 PM »
One for us to maybe get in when Big Sam leaves if or when he does can image games against Warnock or Sheffield United with him in Charge would be fun after his history in the Infamous Battle with both.

He should never step anywhere near us.

I am amazed that Aberdeen have kept him for so long. It’s taken the fans protesting to manage it.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2021, 12:09:06 AM »

I am amazed that Aberdeen have kept him for so long. It’s taken the fans protesting to manage it.

Have to agree, as with Appleton if they hadn't played for us no-one would be mentioning them in line with this club.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2021, 09:07:07 AM »

Sorry Liam! Have to disagree, i would drive to Aberdeen and fetch  Mcinnes myself if he would come!

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2021, 10:08:25 AM »

I realise that now I didn't then he has a bad style apparently although games against the two I mentioned with him in charge should be fun  ;D

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2021, 12:15:55 PM »
Sorry Liam! Have to disagree, i would drive to Aberdeen and fetch  Mcinnes myself if he would come!

Why? He's done nothing at Aberdeen to suggest he could do anything with us.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #162 on: March 09, 2021, 12:20:17 PM »

I hope your car breaks down mate   ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #163 on: March 09, 2021, 01:48:27 PM »
He will use his Plasma powered rocking oss in that suition  :D

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #164 on: March 09, 2021, 03:49:36 PM »
Why? He's done nothing at Aberdeen to suggest he could do anything with us.
I fancy a drive up to Scotland after lockdown ;D I like Mcinnes the man and i think in the championship he would do a good job at the Albion.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2021, 03:50:18 PM »
Behave!  ;D

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2021, 08:15:29 AM »
I fancy a drive up to Scotland after lockdown ;D I like Mcinnes the man and i think in the championship he would do a good job at the Albion.

But why? what was it about the job he did at Aberdeen and before that at St Johnstone and Bristol City that makes you think he could manage successfully at a higher level?

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2021, 08:48:37 AM »

I liked Irvine the man but he was an absolute disaster despite his previous experience. McInnes is hardly pulling up trees, enjoyed watching his tenacious play here but we need to leave it as it is.
MAGA!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2021, 09:03:50 AM »
in a similar vein and on the wrong thread (sorry) I always enjoy seeing Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink being interviewed, he is such a different character off the pitch its bizarre.

As for Dekka McInnes, its a no from me, nothing notable on his CV which you would say "that justifies taking a punt'
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2021, 09:09:17 AM »
But why? what was it about the job he did at Aberdeen and before that at St Johnstone and Bristol City that makes you think he could manage successfully at a higher level?
What makes you think he couldn't? And what makes you think when we are back in the championship we are at an higher level? Would we beat Aberdeen, St Johnstone or Bristol City! I don't think so.  He would get us playing some football, he would bring some steel into the team would motivate them and wouldn't stand any nonsense . Just my humble though and he is a better option than Mark Hughes, Ian Bowyer or Michael Appleton.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2021, 09:37:36 AM »
McInnes as a manager for us would be a no from me at this time. Not been impressed with his appointments at any club.

As a player he was immense for us, but as has been said above, if he hadnt played for us no one would consider him as a future Albion manager

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2021, 10:17:32 AM »
What makes you think he couldn't? And what makes you think when we are back in the championship we are at an higher level? Would we beat Aberdeen, St Johnstone or Bristol City! I don't think so.  He would get us playing some football, he would bring some steel into the team would motivate them and wouldn't stand any nonsense . Just my humble though and he is a better option than Mark Hughes, Ian Bowyer or Michael Appleton.
can’t talk about the other two but we played Bristol only last year and beat them... twice... and one of those was with 10 men.

Appleton is a better fit as he’s big into the psychology side, giving players the winning mentality, as well as working with younger players and plays a much more modern game overall compared to Dekka. Not that I’d advocate for him to take over at the moment either.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2021, 11:36:45 AM »

I think he couldn't because he hasn't shown that he could at any of the 3 clubs he has managed.
he failed at both Bristol City and St.Johnstone and couldn't really make Aberdeen compete for titles with Cel;tic and Rangers (once they were back in the top flight).
Aberdeen fans regularly complained about his style of football and since January Aberdeen have scored just 5 goals in the league.

In European football he never got Aberdeen out of the qualifying rounds of the Europa League in any of the seasons he was in charge.

I wouldn't want any of the managers you mentioned either but in my opinion he's at about the same level as Appleton and Bowyer and at least Hughes has managed at the highest league level.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2021, 05:36:21 PM »
As they're one of the teams I've casually followed for years, I just wanted to post a message in praise of St Johnstone's remarkable cup double that they've achieved today.

Given the total, unending dominance of Celtic and Rangers, St Johnstone's feat is nothing short of remarkable, so all possible credit to their players and manager Callum Davidson, who was only appointed in June last year to what is his first managerial position!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #174 on: May 22, 2021, 05:42:41 PM »
Only three cup wins in total and two of those have come this season. Superb achievement given their resources when compared to the Old Firm. Knew a couple of lads from Perth in times gone by so I rooting for St Johnstone today.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.