Author Topic: Jeremy Peace- Deserves huge credit  (Read 5582 times)

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

Jeremy Peace- Deserves huge credit
« on: November 25, 2012, 09:02:27 AM »
As I float on the ceiling with the delicious feeling of being third in the Premiership, I feel we should credit JP with the fact he has managed this club really well.  Fair enough he is and will do financially really well out of it, but under him (and Thompson before to be fair), we have prospered beyond expectations.  Many Wolves fans I talk to look to us with envy and would kill to be as well managed.  He has taken some stick over the years, particularly when he was not willing to spend vast amounts on players, and when we have had dips in form.  Which brings me to my point.  Should he get more recognition from the fans- never heard a positive Peace chant and I really think he has earned one.  He will certainly be on my Christmas list.  Mr Peace- THANKS FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE!!

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Jeremy Peace- Deserves huge credit
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 09:08:13 AM »
To be fair, he has done a great job. He had his plan and stuck to it without putting us in the slightest financial jeopardy. We now seem to be an established premier league side and our foundations are made of granite not sand. Currently, according to the bookies, we are more likely to be in the champion's league than the championship next season and much of the credit is due to Jeremy Peace.

Well done Jezza!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:46:10 AM by Londonbaggymike »

boing

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 09:35:49 AM »
There is no question he has done a fantastic Job - 3rd, 3rd, have I woke up yet! I know we are loving the fact we've done it without artificial investment but when there are blips it's easy to get frustrated when most chairmen put money into there clubs, our takes it out.  He's a very good but business man simple as.  If he makes 1 mil a year out of us and gets us playing the best football since 78/79 so be it.

Albionwarrior

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 09:59:21 AM »
Yes, he will make money out of West Brom if and when it is sold ..... But he is an Albion fan and my hope and belief is that whatever he decides to do, however much he gets .... the decision running hand in hand is what is best for the club.

Anyway isn't it better than having the money fly out into the hands of Agents & Players?

A few years ago, he effectively put the club up for offers to a bidder, with the idea that it was required to take the club to the next level ...... Well looks like we're heading along to the next level without the need for a foreign invester (Who make no doubt will be primarily taking money out for their own ends)

Also wasn't there some kind of rumour/comment that we would need to spend £100m+ to make it to the top 6 level of the PL.  Well we appear to be heading towards that goal without spending a tiny amount of that figure.

Doesn't that mean that something is going seriously right at The Hawthorns, and I bet even the people in the board room can't believe it, as well as us.

Maybe this is a time to carry on doing what we are doing, and if JP makes a load of money, so what, any of us would do the same ..... but who cares whatever he gets ..... Our club is in a place that we have only dreamed about for over 30 years.

I don't want to be under the control of a Russion Billionaire or an Oil Sheik, and effectively be the supporter of a 'Puppet Club' ..... I like The Albion because we are a real club, even when we were in the 3rd Division, even with our so called lack of trophies. there's only 5 up for grabs during a season and the thought that our club may make the Soul less money men worry a bit, makes my heart sing.

I agree Jeremy Peace has done a fantastic job, he has structured the club, and has kept his head and will make megabucks one day ...... I couldn't give a hoot.

Even JP is a custodian of the club along with all the players and other staff ..... but us supporters are and always will be the Soul.

That'll do for me

"We know who we area"

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »
The man deserves a lot of credit for what he has done for this football club. I have been critical of Peace in the past but what a job he has done.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

baggieboy79

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 10:53:27 AM »
I too have been a bit critical of him in the past but overall he has done a fantastic job and we have steadily built up the squad over the years to the point where we go into every game thinking we have a chance of winning.  For so many years we have been the underdogs and expecting things to go wrong and the hardest part is actually feeling really confident in the side we now have and not really knowing how to deal with it! (not really that hard to deal with really  :D)

Well done Mr Peace and Boing sodding Boing!

tremtastic

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 11:42:30 AM »
He definitely deserves a chant after years of listening to muppets shouting "peace out" an telling him to "show some ambition".

I would love to hear "One Jeremy Peace" at the next home match.

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 11:44:01 AM »
I've been going to the Albion since the early 1970's and have seen many good times and many bad ones but no other period of time has been seen such an amazing roller coaster of exciting times from an Albion supporting perspective then since Jeremy Peace took control.

I sincerely hope he plans to remain in control for the foreseeable future and, for me, in terms of the type of Chairman and Owner I want to see at the Albion, he ticks virtually all the boxes.

Long may his reign continue.   

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 12:04:10 PM »
There is no doubt that over time Peace has been proved right it in that a club with our resources can establish itself in the Premier league without spending money we don't have. The approach is plainly designed to ensure that he profits from his ownership of the club and that is probably a more straight forward and easily understood motivation than some of the billionare owners who seem to buy clubs on a whim as a means of self aggrandisement.

However this moment might be as good as it gets, there really isn't anywhere to go from here without investing millions in projects that do not necassarily have an obvious return on the investment. The much vaunted ground extention being a good case in point. The financial case is not obvious given that it is plain that to fill any additional capacity we will need to discount ticket prices, hence the delay. In short we are hitting the limits of what the current model can achieve. That is not to say I would welcome a change of ownership nor is it a criticism of Peace but he will not be pushing us on to the "next level" because there is no "next level" that can be obtained within the club's means.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

breakfastbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 03:56:34 PM »
There is no doubt that over time Peace has been proved right it in that a club with our resources can establish itself in the Premier league without spending money we don't have. The approach is plainly designed to ensure that he profits from his ownership of the club and that is probably a more straight forward and easily understood motivation than some of the billionare owners who seem to buy clubs on a whim as a means of self aggrandisement.

However this moment might be as good as it gets, there really isn't anywhere to go from here without investing millions in projects that do not necassarily have an obvious return on the investment. The much vaunted ground extention being a good case in point. The financial case is not obvious given that it is plain that to fill any additional capacity we will need to discount ticket prices, hence the delay. In short we are hitting the limits of what the current model can achieve. That is not to say I would welcome a change of ownership nor is it a criticism of Peace but he will not be pushing us on to the "next level" because there is no "next level" that can be obtained within the club's means.

Someone really has to talk to Olsson, long, odemwingie and the rest of the squad.  There are media pundits who feel terribly put out to have to briefly mention westbrom at the beginning of gameweek review on Monday.  There are the diehard knowledgeable (the realists) fans who are currently dreaming of a 9th or dare  I say 8th place finish in the table.  The players of Albion seem to be the only ones who believe that they can finish top 6 and make it to Europe...poor lads.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 06:57:58 PM »
I think Peace deserves alot of credit for the success of our club. He is a realist who understands where we stand in the hierarchy of clubs in terms of our fan base and resources. By introducing the present structure with a Technical Director and Head Coach , we have continuity in the system, which reduces panic appointments and allows proper planning for the future. His choice of appointments has also proved to be pretty much spot on to date. I would hate it if the club was run by some big shot tycoon from the Middle East or America all big talk, but with no real interest in the football club, except as a net asset on a balance sheet. Peace is a genuine fan who has roots in the West Midlands and it must be an advantage knowing what makes the local culture tick.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 07:04:11 PM »
I`ll reserve judgement until after the January transfer window as its obvious Mulumbu, Odemwingie ,
and Lukaku will need replacing, lets see how much ambition he`s got then. I personally think we`ll sink
like a stone without these 3 .

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 07:06:15 PM »
I hope he doesn't sell us.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 07:09:27 PM »
I`ll reserve judgement until after the January transfer window as its obvious Mulumbu, Odemwingie ,
and Lukaku will need replacing, lets see how much ambition he`s got then. I personally think we`ll sink

Lukaku and Odemwingie probably won't go.

Saturday has proved we can cope without Mulumbu.

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 07:41:28 PM »
At last . Jeremy Peace is getting some credit for dragging the club into the 21st century.we have become the envy of a lot of clubs how to run a club in modern times. Well done Mr Chairman and his board ,and thank-you.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 07:50:36 PM »
Hes doing a great job.  I think he made a few mistakes early on in his reign though and he was rightly criticised for it. 

I think its turned in his favour when he made the decision to employ a director of football and let him run the football side of things.

It has been a very slow process but its work and deserves credit for sticking to his way of running the club.  We are now a club that I'm sure other similar sized clubs look at and will adopt the same model.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »
THERES ONLY ONE JP............JP...........THERES ONLY ONE JP

breakfastbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 09:20:48 PM »

well at least you're keeping a postive outlook on things..lol.  It's unkown about lukaku, mulumbu and odemwingie will miss a handful of fixtures...

with any luck for you albion will lose this coming wednesday....prosperity doesn't seem to suit you...lol

Loughborough Baggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 09:41:49 PM »
Hes doing a great job.  I think he made a few mistakes early on in his reign though and he was rightly criticised for it. 

I think its turned in his favour when he made the decision to employ a director of football and let him run the football side of things.

It has been a very slow process but its work and deserves credit for sticking to his way of running the club.  We are now a club that I'm sure other similar sized clubs look at and will adopt the same model.

Probably one of the biggest understatements to ever appear on this board. 

It is breathtakingly staggering that the national/London (?) media still haven't realised that Albion's success is built on outstanding club management. 

JP was repeatedly hammered on this board for refusing to spend that extra £10m that would miracuously change us from yo-yo to Prem regulars.  (Portsmouth, Rangers....).  But he had a plan (which started under Thompson) to get a Director of Football and give us continuity that would survive the inevitable changes in manager/head coach.  Other higher level clubs have played with the idea but have never done it properly.  They typically appoint worn out football dinosaurs rather than professionals like DA.

Our Director of Football is appointed to the national FA and still the national media don't get it.  According to Mark Lawrenson Steve Clark has tweeked things.  He doesn't say what he's tweaked but 'he's tweaked things'.  I think you'll find our success is built on a rock of o/s club management.  We are the blueprint guys.  Long live JP. 

Every January transfer window punters would try and convince us that a £10m spend would get us promoted/keep us in the Prem.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 09:52:51 PM »
Probably one of the biggest understatements to ever appear on this board. 

It is breathtakingly staggering that the national/London (?) media still haven't realised that Albion's success is built on outstanding club management. 

JP was repeatedly hammered on this board for refusing to spend that extra £10m that would miracuously change us from yo-yo to Prem regulars.  (Portsmouth, Rangers....).  But he had a plan (which started under Thompson) to get a Director of Football and give us continuity that would survive the inevitable changes in manager/head coach.  Other higher level clubs have played with the idea but have never done it properly.  They typically appoint worn out football dinosaurs rather than professionals like DA.

Our Director of Football is appointed to the national FA and still the national media don't get it.  According to Mark Lawrenson Steve Clark has tweeked things.  He doesn't say what he's tweaked but 'he's tweaked things'.  I think you'll find our success is built on a rock of o/s club management.  We are the blueprint guys.  Long live JP. 

Every January transfer window punters would try and convince us that a £10m spend would get us promoted/keep us in the Prem.

Loughborough......when Lawrenson spouted that particular piece of absolute tripe I laughed until my ribs ached! I thought exactly the same thing. Oh great Lawro......nothing to do with sound planning and a long term vision......................what a total buffoon only outdone by that even bigger muppet Hanson

solidus

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 09:58:02 PM »
I thought lawro was an embarrassment last night with his tweaking comments. Fair play to him though for getting paid piles of money by the BBC for doing sweet FA...

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2012, 10:06:19 PM »
well at least you're keeping a postive outlook on things..lol.  It's unkown about lukaku, mulumbu and odemwingie will miss a handful of fixtures...

with any luck for you albion will lose this coming wednesday....prosperity doesn't seem to suit you...lol

I would never wish Albion to lose a game of football.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2012, 10:50:03 PM »
 ;D

I would never wish Albion to lose a game of football.
Always thought very highly of him, this guy was cute enough to know we couldn't just chuck money at it and we needed strong foundations, he also made some key appointments at key times.
He is a business man of he highest order, those that randomly mocked him may care to look towards Portsmouth ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Blubby

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2012, 11:49:42 PM »
hes done a great job,long may it continue!

thank you Mr Peace

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 02:10:00 AM »
In the days of billionaire owners that have pumped big money into clubs you have to think about what someone like JP could do to have achieved any more than he has with us. The infrastructure of the club has improved season by season and things just seem to be working out for us lately.

He's not the most popular person amongst some of our fans, shareholders in particular but you can't help but admire him for what he's achieved spending pretty much no money of his own to gain control of the club and get us to where we currently are.