Poll

Who was man of the match against Norwich?

Ben Foster
2 (6.7%)
Steven Reid
0 (0%)
Gareth McAuley
2 (6.7%)
Jonas Olsson
0 (0%)
Goran Popov
3 (10%)
Youssouf Mulumbu
1 (3.3%)
Claudio Yacob
1 (3.3%)
James Morrison
0 (0%)
Shane Long
0 (0%)
Markus Rosenberg
3 (10%)
Romelu Lukaku
0 (0%)
Billy Jones
8 (26.7%)
Chris Brunt
3 (10%)
Peter Odemwingie
7 (23.3%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: 12 May 2013 Norwich City 4 Albion 0  (Read 46805 times)

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

12 May 2013 Norwich City 4 Albion 0
« on: April 13, 2013, 06:38:55 PM »
Anyone any ideas when the Norwich tickets will go on-sale?
See from the website that there has been a delay.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Norwich Away
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 06:52:06 PM »
Anytime now, they weren't at the club yesterday so i'd keep trying anytime from Monday onwards
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 08:36:30 PM »
Thanks

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 08:51:14 PM »
Usually Norwich give 1,200 for away fans I'm sure we will get a more tickets for this one.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 09:20:05 PM »
Usually Norwich give 1,200 for away fans I'm sure we will get a more tickets for this one.

Everytime I have been we have had close to 3k.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 02:08:20 AM »
Everytime I have been we have had close to 3k.
went last season and i think it was about 1.5k or thereabouts. Probably will go this season as ive got mates over there to kip overnight at, and i have a softspot for norwich. trains aint cheap getting there though, thats my only problem :(

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 09:09:33 AM »
Didn't we have forty free coaches to Norwich when we won 2-1 Kamara scored in the last minute.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 10:07:41 AM »
Didn't we have forty free coaches to Norwich when we won 2-1 Kamara scored in the last minute.
I think we did free coaches when sodje scored a belter
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 10:38:23 AM »
I think we did free coaches when sodje scored a belter

Yeah that was the same one as Kamara 2-1. The best one was in 08, 4 days after we won at the W*lves then went there and won 2-1 Koren scored in like the 20th second! the Lord's My Sheperd after the game was brilliant. I think we should get around 2.5-3k. Wasn't lasts seasons on a Sunday though thats maybe why it was 1.5k then?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 11:00:49 AM by B_H_Baggie »

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 12:04:18 PM »
I think since they have been in the Prem they just allocate 1,200 then if teams will bring more which at least half of the Premiership will then they will allocate more.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 08:15:50 AM »
Realistically how many will want to go to this one?
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

albiontilidie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 09:29:16 AM »
If Norwich had better train links ( prices) and wasnt in the middle of no where, this would be the best away day of the year, The area by the ground is a superb pre match drinking session
Oh Nottm Oh Nottm is full of fun is full of fun

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 12:56:36 PM »
If Norwich had better train links ( prices) and wasnt in the middle of no where, this would be the best away day of the year, The area by the ground is a superb pre match drinking session

Booked in advance I think it is quite a reasonable trip (tip book the two trains separately rather than in one go and book on-line).  Door to door by train its about three hours from New Street changing at Ely.  If you go to West Ham or Arsenal, the journey time door to door is only a little less.

Driving from West Brom door to door is 2 1/2 hours (my journey every match day!).

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 01:37:35 PM »
Tickets still not arrived according to ticket office.Are they coming via the norfolk broads on a barge
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

EMEESEWBA

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 01:39:37 PM »
Could I ask how much you paid for the train tickets as I would prefer to travel via train

Cheers

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 02:47:10 PM »
Just be careful as there have been train works going on of late on the Norwich line.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 04:02:12 PM »
Could I ask how much you paid for the train tickets as I would prefer to travel via train

Cheers

just been looking at train prices . Cheapest I can see is £70 as 2 singles but a basic return is £79. That's from New Street.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 10:55:36 PM »
just been looking at train prices . Cheapest I can see is £70 as 2 singles but a basic return is £79. That's from New Street.
tip as i do a lot of travelling over to norwich. break your journey tickets up: i.e single from new street to peterborough, then peterborough to norwich, rather than as one journey. would cost me 50 quid if i just type in a standard return norwich to brum, but with the journey broken up, can save up to 20-25 quid.( i have the joy of a railcard as well, thankfully  :D)

BrummieBaggie68

• Youth Baggie

Norwich Away
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 07:51:15 AM »
Just be careful as there have been train works going on of late on the Norwich line.

Is that still the same ones as last year, when it seemed like three trains and four replacement buses?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 10:16:08 AM »
tip as i do a lot of travelling over to norwich. break your journey tickets up: i.e single from new street to peterborough, then peterborough to norwich, rather than as one journey. would cost me 50 quid if i just type in a standard return norwich to brum, but with the journey broken up, can save up to 20-25 quid.( i have the joy of a railcard as well, thankfully  :D)

With it being a Sunday game the train times can be different to the rest of the week. Suppose it depends on what time you want to get there.

else

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 10:25:36 AM »
Really glad this is our last away game as I enjoy going to Norwich. We're planning on making a night of it. Just looked at trains and it seems more hassle than its worth with some services being replaced by bus and what not, so may end up driving instead. A few friends are staying in Yarmouth, so unsure whether to stay there or in Norwich itself?

Midlands_Pride

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 01:40:23 PM »
I went a few years ago and we had a good night in Yarmouth.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2013, 01:41:10 PM »
Really glad this is our last away game as I enjoy going to Norwich. We're planning on making a night of it. Just looked at trains and it seems more hassle than its worth with some services being replaced by bus and what not, so may end up driving instead. A few friends are staying in Yarmouth, so unsure whether to stay there or in Norwich itself?

Depends what you like.  Norwich is a good place.  Pleanty of good pubs, lots of olde worlde buildings, good restaurants and clubs.  Yarmouth is a sort of slightly upmarket Blackpool with good arcades a nice beach and lot of glittering lights.  My suggestion is drive down if possible, the roads are mostly good, and then you can do both at your leisure.

else

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2013, 03:09:15 PM »
Depends what you like.  Norwich is a good place.  Pleanty of good pubs, lots of olde worlde buildings, good restaurants and clubs.  Yarmouth is a sort of slightly upmarket Blackpool with good arcades a nice beach and lot of glittering lights.  My suggestion is drive down if possible, the roads are mostly good, and then you can do both at your leisure.

I think we've decided on staying in Norwich and will probably end up driving down. Its a pity the trains are messed up, I could get them at £15 return with rail card.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2013, 03:25:27 PM »
With it being a Sunday game the train times can be different to the rest of the week. Suppose it depends on what time you want to get there.

its because theres a bus service as well. the cheapest option is going brum to marylebone, then liverpool street to norwich. shouldnt be more than 40-50 quid.