Poll

If we have to win one and lose one next week would you rather:

Win cup but lose league
90 (81.1%)
Win league but lose cup
21 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Author Topic: 3 Mar 2015 Aston Villa 2 Albion 1  (Read 140217 times)

popbaggie28

• Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #575 on: March 03, 2015, 10:37:07 PM »
I said before the game id take a defeat if it meant winning the quarter final.....still doesn't make it any easier though..... :(

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #576 on: March 03, 2015, 10:39:35 PM »
OK.  I will be the first to say it:  We will win 3-0 on Saturday.  Because that's the way football goes. We were never going to win both games and neither were they.
i dont agree with this i think they will win both games...we have just given then the confidence they were looking for....benteke and gabby both havent scored for ages and have tonight and villa got the win they needed they will kick on saturday in which the match has no pressure on either team but we will set up exactly the same 

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #577 on: March 03, 2015, 10:40:14 PM »
While I know Villa should have been home and dry at H/T I still feel we chucked that away, after 60 mins they offered nothing going forward..., they were there for the taking.
I admire Pulis and the job he has done so far but the way we set up away from home has got to change, so negative and theres no width at all...lumpng it to nobody for 90 mins.
Several players looked flat tonight , changes or at least subs were needed especially at 1-1 when Villa ran out of ideas.
Foster , poor tonight....doesn't normally have games like that , will be interesting to see who starts Saturday. He wasn't on his own though , Gardner was awful , others nearly as bad and the front two struggled all night looking short on fitness. Surely Sess should have been on? , Pulis next big challenge getting us playing away from home like we do at home.
Take this one on the chin , regroup for Sat.
trouble is dexy we really aint that much different at home, we seem happy to let the opposition have the ball 60% of the time, its not pretty watching us play in one half of the pitch and good sides will find a way past us if we continue with this method, after the saints game I wondered if pulis was a genius with this strategy or just lucky, after tonight I just think we was rubbish overall but I blame pulis for not injecting fresh legs when we needed it, half the team looked shattered tonight and just didn't have the energy levels we've seen lately.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #578 on: March 03, 2015, 10:40:55 PM »
Why are Brunt and Morrison getting the treatment. Our worst players were Gardner Foster and Lescott.  In that order.

Poor first half where Agbonlahors Tim Buzaglo impression made Joleon look like Graham Roberts. Much better 2nd half until Fosters antics. We only needed a point and should have  got one.

:o

Worst player was Foster, closely followed by Brunt who was awful
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #579 on: March 03, 2015, 10:41:03 PM »
Villa wanted it more and deserved it. We should have been 2 or 3 down at half time. Maybe the shake up some players need. We are not out of the relegation mire by a long way.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #580 on: March 03, 2015, 10:41:12 PM »
All the years I've supported Albion, we've always been a charity for poor teams. Not won for a while? Strikers can't score? Don't worry, Albion will gift you a game!!

So so true unfortunately :(

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #581 on: March 03, 2015, 10:41:35 PM »
 ;D How does Berahino get a booking after he gets his "nuts" re-arranged by that thug Hutton. That was a disgrace.
Foster you had a shocker all night,but we also remember you have saved our arses many times.
Thought Villa deserved it by maybe 2 or 3 nil. We scored with our only attempt on goal....we have saved our biggest rivals from the "drop".
Wheres'the Aspirin?????

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #582 on: March 03, 2015, 10:41:46 PM »
Why are Brunt and Morrison getting the treatment. Our worst players were Gardner Foster and Lescott.  In that order.

Poor first half where Agbonlahors Tim Buzaglo impression made Joleon look like Graham Roberts. Much better 2nd half until Fosters antics. We only needed a point and should have  got one.
In Brunts defence the way we set up away from home limits how far he can push up, he passed the ball poorly tonight but a lot of the time he had no option ahead of him (Gardner woeful imo ).We have no out ball , Pulis wrong not to bring Sess on .
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #583 on: March 03, 2015, 10:41:59 PM »

brunt and foster were awful tonight lescott had an ok game wouldnt say he had a bad game....brunt never found a pass  to an albion shirt all night he was appalling ...i wont go onto foster blood boiling

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #584 on: March 03, 2015, 10:44:05 PM »

Brunt was awful. Gave the ball away so many times I lost count. Foster just had a bad day -ok, a very bad day.

I agree with you on Morrison though.He worked really hard, spent his entire time closing people down with very little opportunity to attack. Think he gets a harder time than he deserves. Often he is the only player in our midfield who tries to take the ball forward.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #585 on: March 03, 2015, 10:44:52 PM »
trouble is dexy we really aint that much different at home, we seem happy to let the opposition have the ball 60% of the time, its not pretty watching us play in one half of the pitch and good sides will find a way past us if we continue with this method, after the saints game I wondered if pulis was a genius with this strategy or just lucky, after tonight I just think we was rubbish overall but I blame pulis for not injecting fresh legs when we needed it, half the team looked shattered tonight and just didn't have the energy levels we've seen lately.
The thing is though we pass the ball so much better at home , we look dangerous.
Away its just launched.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #586 on: March 03, 2015, 10:46:46 PM »
Been absolutely inconsolable tonight. Missus is worried. I'm fuming.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #587 on: March 03, 2015, 10:47:30 PM »

it was a below par performance for virtually the whole team bar fletcher tonight, we should have got a point but chucked it away but we didn't deserve the point.
to single anyone out for criticism is unfair they were all poor.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #588 on: March 03, 2015, 10:49:29 PM »
Well that, was f***ing dreadful.

I am disgusted with that result and performance. Words can't express it.

And Brunt has been a liability for so long now. He must be dropped. Although frankly they were all urine poor.

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

Ratings
« Reply #589 on: March 03, 2015, 10:52:09 PM »
Foster 1 No comment..he won't play that bad again???

Dawson 5 Was ok in patches..gave the ball away.

GMac 3 Was skinned many times.

Lescott 3 late to the ball every time passing ordinary.

Brunt 2 Somebody show him how to cross a ball.

Morrison 2 Was he playing??

Fletcher 6 MOM tried hard we will miss him Saturday big time??

Yacob 5 Occasionally ok thought he would lose it and get sent off.

Berahino 5 Could tell he was injured.

Brown 3 Back to the form of early in the season...??

Gardner 3 Was knackered stopped running should have been subbed earlier for Sess??

Pulis 2 Got it wrong today..needed Sess and Mulumbu on much earlier about 60 min mark for Gardner and Morrison.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #590 on: March 03, 2015, 10:54:10 PM »
A poor performance from a poor team, the normal suspects spring to mind, Brunt consistently gave the ball away, Morrison poor out wide, has no pace and little confidence on his own shooting ability, Lescott worryingly slow  on the ball.

We hardly won a 50:50 in mid field and they over ran us.

The ball must have been red hot as Foster couldn't hold it

Biggest problem we came for a draw and had no positive alternatives on the bench to change a game.

You have to feel sorry for our strikers, worked hard with very little service

Hopefully a better and different performance for the FA Cup

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #591 on: March 03, 2015, 10:56:30 PM »
This will hurt me for so long...but Saturday better ease the pain.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #592 on: March 03, 2015, 11:00:18 PM »
It was one of those nights when Brunt over-hits almost everything...and given that first half especially we seemed to be relying on him hitting some kind of wonder pass as just about our only offensive tactic, it didn't leave us with a lot.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #593 on: March 03, 2015, 11:02:10 PM »
Not read whole thread, but what I have largely reflects my thoughts.
We didn't deserve to win, but once we equalised we were comfortable until Foster; who had a poor game up until then, made three big mistakes which led to the goal.
From open play, was hoping we'd look to win a corner more than making a cross from open play where we would be outnumbered. Seemed our best opportunity. Albei every second corner would be poorly struck.

baggiecarl

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #594 on: March 03, 2015, 11:02:38 PM »

what would it take for you to concede that brunt has played abysmally in your myopic and blinkered view of all things concerning brunt!

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #595 on: March 03, 2015, 11:05:34 PM »
I like Pulis, but he has to carry the can tonight. A very sluggish performance from the off. The ball was in the air most of the time in the 1st half and not one of our players took control of it. Villa were unlucky not to go in 3 goals to the good. 2nd half started a bit better, we pressed higher up the pitch and from that pressing scored, should have and could have been 2 and then 3-1 up but didn't take our chances. You could sense a goal coming and sadly Foster, in probably his worst game in an Albion shirt gave them the game. I think it is wrong to go OTT about this, it hurts so much, but don't forget that we have done reasonably well since Pulis has been in charge. The players need to put this right for the fans and restore our faith. Not one of our players tonight should think they have earned their money cause they ain't. Time to regroup and make sure we win Saturday...this is not a request from us fans....we demand it.

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Ratings
« Reply #596 on: March 03, 2015, 11:07:43 PM »
Agree with ratings, I'd have taken Yacob off for Mulumbu once he'd been booked and brought Sess on for pretty much anyone other than Fletcher.
Allllllll aboard

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #597 on: March 03, 2015, 11:11:26 PM »
big well done to the baggies fans there tonight, you were loud and proud you didn't get what you deserved.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #598 on: March 03, 2015, 11:15:48 PM »
The thing is though we pass the ball so much better at home , we look dangerous.
Away its just launched.

Pulis really needs to grow a set of balls in the away games. Setting up to draw no matter what is just nonsense. Away wins are important.

That said, for whatever reason, a lot of our players were really poor. Foster had a geniune mare, Gardner showed no quality whatsoever, Lescott was flat, Brunty had consistenly no one to pass to, and resorted to horrible hoofs, Brown and Saido looked like they had had all sensitivity in their feet injected out of them - probably neither should have started. 

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #599 on: March 03, 2015, 11:19:46 PM »
big well done to the baggies fans there tonight, you were loud and proud you didn't get what you deserved.

It was a great atmosphere chaotic after our equaliser ! Let's hope Saturday will be so much better