Author Topic: 10 Feb 2023 Birmingham City 2 Albion 0  (Read 19185 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2023, 06:59:08 PM »
I can get a lot on my laptop via WBATV live, and some others I can get on Sportdigital (which seems to do the Sky games). However, it means giving up my Friday night out, which I'm not prepared to do.

Having gone to Burnley to watch us live on a Friday night only to be denied a point near the end from a free kick that never should have been awarded I can empathise.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2023, 07:09:47 PM »
I can get a lot on my laptop via WBATV live, and some others I can get on Sportdigital (which seems to do the Sky games). However, it means giving up my Friday night out, which I'm not prepared to do.
Ahh! Now I get it. So if you were able to 'go out' and watch the game away from your home, you’d be happy making it a part of your Friday night out?
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2023, 07:14:57 PM »
Ahh! Now I get it. So if you were able to 'go out' and watch the game away from your home, you’d be happy making it a part of your Friday night out?
Yep. As I learned during Corona, life's too short to be sitting at home for the weekend.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2023, 07:21:19 PM »
Yep. As I learned during Corona, life's too short to be sitting at home for the weekend.
Enjoy life the world ah getting any better.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2023, 07:28:51 PM »
Enjoy life the world ah getting any better.
Fear we're getting off topic, but spot on anyway.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2023, 08:26:42 PM »
I can’t see any change in the back 4 ,especially now Button has had to come back in…he won’t want the disruption.
Midfield will be Diangana molumby Yokuslu Wallace …Swift just in front and BTA up top
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2023, 09:45:07 PM »
I’d drop Button, Grady and Dike and bring in the young lad, Swift and BTA.
Swift helps us keep the ball, and presses well which is key away from home.

Carlos will go unchanged though.

Blowee

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2023, 09:59:06 PM »

Whilst I’m no fan of Button he did well enough against Coventry. I’ve seen or heard nothing to suggest that Griffiths is ready to replace him.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2023, 10:20:42 PM »

Absolute kamikaze tactics
Drop Button after a clean sheet and victory in favour of a kid who hasn’t played in the first team…and then ask Button to sit nicely on the bench just in case …
Just wow
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Luke.jones12345

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2023, 08:24:13 AM »

Makes sense, drop button after a clean sheet and drop diangana after his best performance of the season

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2023, 09:33:06 AM »
Blues had a fantastic comeback against Swansea the other day to halt a run where they hadn't got their just deserts in a number of games. We know they're well coached and have decent players as exampled in our previous encounter.

I know I'm stating the obvious but we need to capitalise on early chances. That and keep our wits about us until the end, unlike against Coventry where we should have been well ahead by halftime and could have conceded late on to Viktor Gyokeres following Swift's loose pass.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2023, 10:14:03 AM »
Given the tragic earthquake in Turkey I wouldn't be at all surprised if Yokuslu misses this game especially if anyone he knows has been affected by it. If he's not right mentally, Chalobah may get a start.

At least we can replace Okay now, if we have to, with a similar type player.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2023, 10:46:36 PM »
Given the tragic earthquake in Turkey I wouldn't be at all surprised if Yokuslu misses this game especially if anyone he knows has been affected by it. If he's not right mentally, Chalobah may get a start.

At least we can replace Okay now, if we have to, with a similar type player.

Respects to Okay if this proves to be the case. Friends and family may well have been affected. And even if they haven't we never really know where his mind will be. There really is more to life than football which pales into insignificance with events such as this.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2023, 07:53:16 AM »
Respects to Okay if this proves to be the case. Friends and family may well have been affected. And even if they haven't we never really know where his mind will be. There really is more to life than football which pales into insignificance with events such as this.
Okay was born in Izmir in the North of Turkey, so unless he has some relatives in the south he is not directly affected.
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2023, 08:54:53 AM »
Okay was born in Izmir in the North of Turkey, so unless he has some relatives in the south he is not directly affected.

He may have friends, old teammates etc in the areas affected.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2023, 02:45:40 PM »
I would start Dike, subbing BTA on is better than the other way round I think

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

match officials
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2023, 03:18:25 PM »
Referee: James Linington
Assistant Referee: Graham Kane
Assistant Referee: George Byrne
Fourth Official: Keith Stroud

Reffed our 1-1 with Burnley and our 2-1 win at Sunderland.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2023, 03:22:09 PM »
I go with the same team that started against Coventry. IF Bartley is fit put him on the bench and give him 15/10 mins at the end.
I'd definitely be starting Albrighton and Diangana with Wallace behind Dike.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2023, 05:28:25 PM »
Statement by BCFC

In acknowledgement of potential supporter actions surrounding Birmingham City’s Sky Bet Championship fixture against West Bromwich Albion, the Club has issued the following statement.
The Club supports the right to safe protest and recognises the frustrations that have led to groups and individuals exploring options to express their personal feelings.

The safety of supporters attending St. Andrew’s remains a priority and so it is necessary to highlight the dangers of attempting to enter the field of play, particularly via the lower tiers of the Tilton Road stand and Kop stand.

To be clear, supporters are not permitted to enter the lower tiers of the Tilton Road and Kop stands. Whilst covered, they remain an active construction site and carry a substantial risk of injury should spectators attempt to enter this area.

The advertising banners currently covering the lower tiers would not support the weight of a supporter and are only in place to protect the exposed scaffolding beneath. Impact from landing on the scaffolding from the height of the fencing which borders the lower tiers, could result in serious injury.

The backing from our supporters continues to benefit the team and Saturday’s full-time scenes at Swansea City was the latest example of this. Therefore, it is now an appropriate juncture to remind supporters that if choosing to protest, this does not negatively impact the 90 minutes of football.

Furthermore, the Club wishes to remind spectators that entering the field of play is a criminal offence and could lead to Football Banning Orders or civil stadiums bans, with two supporters identified who encroached onto the pitch during the Sky Bet Championship match with Preston North End subject to sanctions.

Finally, Birmingham City reiterates its stance of supporting the right for safe protest, however, any demonstration should not jeopardise the safety of supporters, players, staff or match officials.

Thank you for your continued support.
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2023, 05:39:08 PM »
No one due back tomorrow but no new injuries either according to Chapman.

Martin Kelly confirmed ruled out for season by CC today as well.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2023, 10:31:28 PM »
Whilst I’m no fan of Button he did well enough against Coventry. I’ve seen or heard nothing to suggest that Griffiths is ready to replace him.

He’s the worse keeper in the League, he didn’t do well against Cov, he saved a freekick straight at him and caught a ball from a corner under no pressure. I’m sure he’s a nice guy but he’s not good enough to play at this level. He’d not get into another a team in this league or league one.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2023, 10:33:36 PM »
Absolute kamikaze tactics
Drop Button after a clean sheet and victory in favour of a kid who hasn’t played in the first team…and then ask Button to sit nicely on the bench just in case …
Just wow

Button has conceded 50% of his shots on target, he had nothing of any note to do against Cov. He has to be dropped soon in favour a free agent keeper coming in else we will drop down the league.
I hope he proves me wrong.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 10:36:10 PM by Sted1990 »

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2023, 10:35:19 PM »
Makes sense, drop button after a clean sheet and drop diangana after his best performance of the season

I think that being his best game of the season says a lot about his performances.

Wallace out wide and Swift back in makes us stronger.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2023, 06:14:01 AM »
Could we ever see Dike & Batman in a 442?

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2023, 08:32:01 AM »
Could we ever see Dike & Batman in a 442?

I’d like to see this tried but not tonight, same team for me as last game and hopefully DD takes his chances. Blues bullied us last time, mostly due to Bruce’s inability to change his woeful approach.

We just can’t afford to drop points now. 2-1 Albion.