Author Topic: Jonathan Leko Joins Blues for Undisclosed Fee  (Read 144219 times)

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

Re: Jonathan Leko
« Reply #350 on: June 01, 2018, 10:55:36 PM »
What's he done wrong?

Nothing mate but the same people just love to put a negative on everything and I’m sure enjoy it when things do go tits up every now and again.

Embarrassing some are on here!

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #351 on: June 02, 2018, 10:08:28 AM »
Excellent news. Players like Leko, Field and Burke are what we need to build the team around, plus a couple of old hands like Brunt and Mozza, (if fit) who have done it all before.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #352 on: June 02, 2018, 10:16:13 AM »
He's just a bit of an idiot. Balloons (albeit off camera) on an instagram live video just one example.

Doesn't strike you as particularly bright.

Hopefully there is a player in there.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #353 on: June 02, 2018, 12:50:17 PM »
I hope he proves me wrong but I think of all our youth crop at the moment he will be the one that doesn’t make it, for all his pace and tricks there’s rarely an end product, I don’t think he’s got the football brain needed to really make it. He’ll end up having a mediocre career as what he lacks is hard to learn. Would love him to prove me wrong.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #354 on: June 02, 2018, 08:41:13 PM »
He's just a bit of an idiot. Balloons (albeit off camera) on an instagram live video just one example.

Doesn't strike you as particularly bright.

Hopefully there is a player in there.

This idiot agreed a contract then dazzled us on his debut against West Ham. Didn’t go running for improved terms or jumped ship he signed the same deal. I also know after the West Ham game he called the manager of his old youth team Quinton eagles to thank him. I think there’s more to him than the fat clay head
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #355 on: June 03, 2018, 12:00:26 AM »
This idiot agreed a contract then dazzled us on his debut against West Ham. Didn’t go running for improved terms or jumped ship he signed the same deal. I also know after the West Ham game he called the manager of his old youth team Quinton eagles to thank him. I think there’s more to him than the fat clay head

I've never mentioned Berahino on this subject?

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #356 on: June 03, 2018, 11:17:50 AM »

I've never mentioned Berahino on this subject?

I know just saying I do not think we will have a troublesome player like him.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Big Al

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #357 on: June 03, 2018, 12:39:25 PM »
Surprised at the length of contract signed, they must still have faith in him. Needs to be in the first team squad and getting some game time this season if he is to make it I think.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #358 on: June 04, 2018, 11:33:05 AM »
He was restricted by Pulis and hung out to dry for one moment of madness, despite seasoned pro's doing just the same week in, week out. At his age, that was very poor man management and probably knocked him back a bit.
Not sure if he will make a massive impact, but still only 19 so has potential (Beckham was on loan to Preston at 19). He certainly has something, that we have been sadly lacking for many a year, in his ability to run at defenders and his statement that "Mooro" has always told him to express himself on the pitch, suggests that he may have a bit more freedom when he does get game time.
Watch this space for me, but not disappointed that we have tied him in.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #359 on: June 04, 2018, 07:44:35 PM »
Better option technically than McClean. Him and Burke along with Phillips & a new winger would be a good foursome in the Championship.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #360 on: August 08, 2019, 09:38:47 AM »
On the verge of a loan to charlton

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #361 on: August 08, 2019, 09:44:11 AM »
Hope this one works for him, particularly his end product as he is absolute garbage for us!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #362 on: August 08, 2019, 09:45:54 AM »
is there a ruling for how many players from the same club can be loaned to another club? I’d send Wilson with him and Field as I think they’re wanting a full back.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #363 on: August 08, 2019, 10:11:35 AM »
I think Leko has real potential for us.  Might benefit from a loan, but from what I have seen some of the comments here are just wrong.  If we let him go, he will come back and haunt us...

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #364 on: August 08, 2019, 10:17:39 AM »
He has needed this move for over 18 months now.

Like Field, needs a run of games to learn how to manage games better, i.e improving his end product and realising he doesn't need to beat the man 3 times before releasing the ball.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #365 on: August 08, 2019, 10:31:53 AM »
Leko now announced by Albion. Also to Charlton.

That's 2 out. Think Leko will find it difficult.

staticboy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #366 on: August 08, 2019, 10:33:44 AM »
Yeah not sure about Leko, I was hoping he would have been in the first team by now, was it the Palace game that he lost the ball half way up the pitch and then they scored.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #367 on: August 08, 2019, 10:39:57 AM »
All of the very best young man  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #368 on: August 08, 2019, 10:41:25 AM »
Yeah not sure about Leko, I was hoping he would have been in the first team by now, was it the Palace game that he lost the ball half way up the pitch and then they scored.

It was and he was then frozen out by Pulis and he hasn't managed to bounce back since.

This will make or break his career with us, along with Field.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #369 on: August 08, 2019, 10:45:40 AM »
Leko now announced by Albion. Also to Charlton.

That's 2 out. Think Leko will find it difficult.

Me too. I think eventually he will be sold to a league 1 or 2 club.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #370 on: August 08, 2019, 10:55:06 AM »
He has great pace and skill but he needs guidance.
Hopefully Lee Bowyer could inspire him to be a better player. 
The PRIDE of midlands

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #371 on: August 08, 2019, 11:57:38 AM »
I think Leko has real potential for us.  Might benefit from a loan, but from what I have seen some of the comments here are just wrong.  If we let him go, he will come back and haunt us...

for me he has stagnated. I remember him playing against Liverpool last game of the season under Pulis and he was great, really exciting, pacy but with a good general awareness shown by his assist for Rondon's goal.

However since then whenever he's played he seems to have lost his game sense. As others have said too many step overs and tricks rather than just beating his man and putting the ball in the box (Brighton away in the cup last season was the best example of this).

Good luck to the lad and I hope his loan is a success but I think he will struggle in the Championship.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #372 on: August 08, 2019, 12:45:41 PM »
Good to see him get out on loan - he needs a move.

I have doubts regarding whether he will be here long term - think his progress has stagnated.

I would suggest his next career move might be Walsall. Let's hope he makes a success of this loan.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #373 on: August 08, 2019, 12:54:30 PM »
Good to see him get out on loan - he needs a move.

I have doubts regarding whether he will be here long term - think his progress has stagnated.

I would suggest his next career move might be Walsall. Let's hope he makes a success of this loan.

I don't think he'll make it here either. Burst onto the scene but hasn't really progressed. His display against Villa in the play-off 2nd leg did it for me - granted you're in an unfamiliar position, but you at least run around and make a nuisance of yourself.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #374 on: August 08, 2019, 03:06:20 PM »
Glad he has gone out on loan but can't see him getting much game time in this division with how much he still has to learn. I feel a full season in a more forgiving division like league 1 would have been more beneficial, rather than a season battling for time off the bench at Charlton.
Boing Boing