Author Topic: Adil Nabi Joins Peterborough United  (Read 49563 times)

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

Re: Adil Nabi Joins Peterborough United
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2013, 10:37:50 AM »
Unlucky lad, good luck with the rehab

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2013, 09:07:03 PM »
Good luck with the recovery Adil, big pity.
Beginning to wonder why these big injuries happen to such young players. These would have been career ending injuries 20 years ago.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2014, 09:26:38 AM »
Is it time to give this kid a chance ?  Amazed no club has come in for him on loan . Been scoring goals for fun  in the under 21s had a bad injury last season but now back scoring goals , take the money for Berahino  and get this kid in . Mark my word this lad is a better prospect

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2014, 09:36:12 AM »
Is it time to give this kid a chance ?  Amazed no club has come in for him on loan . Been scoring goals for fun  in the under 21s had a bad injury last season but now back scoring goals , take the money for Berahino  and get this kid in . Mark my word this lad is a better prospect
Admittedly I've never seen Nabi play whatsoever, but that is quite a statement as Berahino is doing very, very well.

I agree that he should be loaned out to the championship or league one for now, to prove his worth. I hate to sound negative but I can't see him getting a look in under Irvine or the current setup/line of forwards behind Berahino. I hope he comes through though, I've also seen clips of his brother who looks a real prospect too in midfield.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 04:40:25 PM »
Surely his best chance is under Irvine who has a history in developing young players and has already shown willing to point them in the first team? If he is good enough I am sure he will get his opportunity.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2014, 06:46:08 PM »
There were whispers that Wigan were interested in taking him on loan a few weeks back, but not sure if anything ever appeared to happen with that.

I think he does need a loan move now though, get some experience in, I would like to see him play in the game against Gateshead.

Baggies54

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 11:01:48 PM »
There were whispers that Wigan were interested in taking him on loan a few weeks back, but not sure if anything ever appeared to happen with that.

I think he does need a loan move now though, get some experience in, I would like to see him play in the game against Gateshead.

If we try to take advantage of Gateshead in that fashion the game could become another very embarassing statistic in West Bromwich Albion history.
"Scientific criticism has no nobler task than to shatter false beliefs".......

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 11:12:01 PM »
If we try to take advantage of Gateshead in that fashion the game could become another very embarassing statistic in West Bromwich Albion history.
So our youngsters are not a better standard from non league then ? Give them a go can't be worse than the likes of Baird.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2014, 06:27:27 AM »
So our youngsters are not a better standard from non league then ? Give them a go can't be worse than the likes of Baird.
If he is better than a player who has 65 International caps and over 130 Premier league appearances then he will be some player.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2014, 07:12:08 AM »
If we try to take advantage of Gateshead in that fashion the game could become another very embarrassing statistic in West Bromwich Albion history.

On the contrary, that is exactly the type of game we should look to give Nabi, Garmston, and maybe even Roofe, some playing time. We need to work out if they are going to be good enough going forward, as they are coming to an age where they should be making some impression. Play them alongside some more experienced fringe players, and it could be a decent mixture to get us through.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2014, 07:40:42 AM »
If he is better than a player who has 65 International caps and over 130 Premier league appearances then he will be some player.
You think he's a good player ?  :D.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2014, 06:39:49 PM »

I would like to think that a team like this for example should beat a non league team.

Myhill
Gamboa
McAuley
Dawson
Garmston/Davidson

Roofe
Yacob
Morrison
Blanco

Nabi
Ideye

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2014, 08:31:57 PM »
There may be good reasons for not sending him out on loan given his cruciate issue.
I'd be happy to see him get a run in this game. Don't think we should make too many changes but clubs and supporters need to buy into giving the better youngsters a chance....for the good of the game and the club.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2014, 10:41:37 PM »
There may be good reasons for not sending him out on loan given his cruciate issue.
I'd be happy to see him get a run in this game. Don't think we should make too many changes but clubs and supporters need to buy into giving the better youngsters a chance....for the good of the game and the club.

Its always nice to see your own academy players playing in the first team.

Look how much Spurs have taken to Harry Kane.

Nabi looks a good talent, as does that Donavon Daniels, looks a solid centre back.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2014, 09:18:08 PM »
Send him down the Bescot.

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2015, 07:02:50 PM »
With our lack of attacking options will we see Nabi on the bench? I would certainly put him on the bench and give him a run out in the cup or in the league, last ten mins if the match is lost just to get him used to it. Who knows he might just be a replacement for that gobby  berahinho!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 07:24:37 PM by Dexy »

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2015, 02:04:46 AM »
hes at roughly the level/situation where Sado was just a little while ago so who knows what might happen in the next 12-18 months!?

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2015, 08:17:40 AM »
He's still completely unproven. If he was that big a prospect, lower division clubs would be queuing up to take him on loan. This should be the next step for him.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2015, 08:21:41 AM »
lets hope Berahino dont influence him
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2015, 08:47:17 AM »
hes at roughly the level/situation where Sado was just a little while ago so who knows what might happen in the next 12-18 months!?

Saido had a few loan moves, Adil needs a loan move now to play some first team football.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2015, 09:47:22 AM »
He's still completely unproven. If he was that big a prospect, lower division clubs would be queuing up to take him on loan. This should be the next step for him.
Some players, the club choose not to send out on loan. Don't forget he missed all last year with a cruciate injury so they may not want him playing 2 games a week in league 1 or the championship. He does though probably need a few more games I agree. Stating the obvious, everyone is unproven until given the opportunity.
Someone on here mentioned that Southampton don't send their young players out on loan but they are obviously not afraid to blood the better ones in the first team.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2015, 09:51:45 AM »
From the bits and pieces I’ve heard he is not quite up to the level supporters think he is. 
"This crack is really moreish."

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2015, 11:10:11 AM »
From the bits and pieces I’ve heard he is not quite up to the level supporters think he is.
But he's always known where the back of the net is even when not playing as an out and out striker. The club clearly think he's worth the various new contracts he's signed or has on offer at the moment.
Your sources may be good but I know from views on here that some young players are judged on the odd 20 minutes here and there or one bad game or half game and as usual some are impressed and others not.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2015, 11:21:43 AM »
I know from views on here that some young players are judged on the odd 20 minutes here and there or one bad game or half game and as usual some are impressed and others not.
No, that's newly-signed senior players you're thinking of there, particularly foreign ones!  ;D

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2015, 11:58:52 AM »

I am aware that it is a big step up to play first team however I have been impressed with him in the three U21 games that I have seen him in this season. What I like about him is that he is quite a well-rounded player; a bit like Saido, he is not just a finisher.

However, the fact that no one has taken him on loan does concern me, maybe they see something I don't.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 02:48:03 PM by kris_boing »