Poll

Who would you prefer as next WBA manager: Tony Pulis OR Tim Sherwood?

Tony Pulis
Tim Sherwood

Author Topic: New Manager thread  (Read 363846 times)

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

Re: New Manager thread
« Reply #1225 on: December 31, 2014, 12:12:17 PM »
Gerry Francis too? Oooh I can't decide between a wearing a cap and growing a mullet  ;D
Allllllll aboard

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1226 on: December 31, 2014, 12:12:48 PM »
Can't help but feel there will be certain people who can't wait for him to fail so they can say 'we told you so'.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1227 on: December 31, 2014, 12:13:26 PM »
Can't help but feel there will be certain people who can't wait for him to fail so they can say 'we told you so'.

Least it is a only tiny minority rather than a large majority like out last appointment.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1228 on: December 31, 2014, 12:13:35 PM »
Gerry Francis too? Oooh I can't decide between a wearing a cap and growing a mullet  ;D

You can actually get mullet caps, end of season theme? :D

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1229 on: December 31, 2014, 12:14:03 PM »

That'll be the case whoever gets the job. You can never please everyone.

benalbion

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1230 on: December 31, 2014, 12:14:37 PM »
Lets hope lessons have FINALLY been learned and the clearout continues with Pulis allowed to bring in his own team. Bit of common sense surely a fresh start is best for the club

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1231 on: December 31, 2014, 12:14:42 PM »
Irvine sacked 29th December. Pulis available to work from 1st January. I suggest this has been planned for some time.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1232 on: December 31, 2014, 12:14:58 PM »
The likes of Blanco and Gamboa won't fit a Pulis team. It will be similar to Irvine's team selection.
the regime don't like it man

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1233 on: December 31, 2014, 12:16:07 PM »
I'd be hoping this is his side;

Foster

Gamboa                    Dawson                              Lescott (c)                   Poco

Blanco                           Mulumbu                  Yacob                               Varela   

Sess

Berahino

Swap Blanco for a pacey winger (Townsend perhaps?) and you've hit the nail on the head!

Also, I'd look to bring in a proven centre back alongside Lescott, but they are not that easy to come across.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1234 on: December 31, 2014, 12:16:33 PM »
I backed Irvine and I'll back Pulis. Think we need someone with his discipline and presence at the moment. Confident we'll stay up with him at the helm, not sure about in the long term but we'll see. The Hawthorns has been lacking passion for a while now and hopefully he'll bring some of that back. Wonder what role Burton played in this appointment, not sure who it's been driven by.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 12:18:24 PM by KingKoren »

stever60

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1235 on: December 31, 2014, 12:16:40 PM »
The likes of Blanco and Gamboa won't fit a Pulis team. It will be similar to Irvine's team selection.
Er....how do you know?
Don't call me Walt

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1236 on: December 31, 2014, 12:17:21 PM »

Foster

Gamboa                    Dawson                              Lescott (c)                   Poco

Blanco                           Mulumbu                  Yacob                               Varela   

Sess

Berahino

I'd be very surprised if it was.

I cannot see Pulis opting for Sessegnon, Blanco or Gamboa. I think Wisdom and Brunt are definite shoe-ins.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1237 on: December 31, 2014, 12:17:43 PM »

Quite likely.

However, (i am at least hoping) that Pulis has better man management skills and able to inspire the team to perform.

First thing Pulis needs to do is get a couple of wingers in who can cross the ball.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1238 on: December 31, 2014, 12:18:02 PM »
I somehow doubt it. If any players don't buy into what TP wants they will be shown the door!
more liked chucked through it.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1239 on: December 31, 2014, 12:19:08 PM »

Foster

Sess

Berahino

Me too.   Backup of Myhill, Wisdom, McAuley, Olssen, Baird, Brunt, Gardner, Morrison, Dorrans, Big Vic, and Samares.  Squad is decent.

But more likely that we will sell Berahino and hopefully buy Townsend, Lambert and Walters with the Saido money.  Top half here we come.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1240 on: December 31, 2014, 12:19:40 PM »
I just hope that all these people saying our football will be better under Pulis are not disappointed. :o
not expecting that, just better results.

boot2006

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1241 on: December 31, 2014, 12:21:23 PM »
Very happy with this appointment.  Given the current situation this appointment is the best outcome.  We are in a mess and need to get organised quickly.  Pulis will sort the soft lads out straight away.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1242 on: December 31, 2014, 12:22:29 PM »
Er....how do you know?

I guess we're going off past records. He strikes me as someone who likes dependable British footballers who he can trust. Pulis teams previously have been built on their physicality - for me, neither Gamboa nor Blanco buy into those methods.

Pulis is going to come here with the intention of getting wins and points. I cannot see him willing to take part in experiments at this point in the season.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1243 on: December 31, 2014, 12:24:06 PM »
very happy to read this, it seems to address whats been missing. TP on his start at palace

"We looked at what qualities we had and struck on a system. There were lots of meetings about what we were trying to do, but the most important thing was ironing everything out on the training ground so everybody knew their role. Wherever the ball is they know where they should be, they have to be there and if they're not there it will cause problems.

"Then it's down to the players - whether they're prepared to work as hard as you want, whether they're prepared to do what you want them to do. The reason why we've achieved what we have is because everybody has done what we wanted them to do to the best of their ability.

"If anybody marches away from that and starts doing what they think is right for them, and not right for the team, then the team will collapse
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1244 on: December 31, 2014, 12:24:29 PM »
Er....how do you know?

If Irvine didn't pick Gamboa because Wisdom was better defensively, why would Pulis? If Blanco was getting nowhere near the team with Irvine then it's probably for a very good reason. I can still see the likes of Brunt and Morrison playing.
the regime don't like it man

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1245 on: December 31, 2014, 12:28:19 PM »

I don't want him to fail, & as far as maintaining our EPL status I expect him to succeed, but I don't see him as part of the DNA of West Bromwich Albion. Like Megson before him, he won't want to be involved in developing players, so I don't expect any of our up & coming youth squad to get a look in. He's also power hungry, so he'll be chipping away in the background to improve his influence. I see him being a divisive influence in the club, not a constructive one. But, as I say, we'll see.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

palmaroy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1246 on: December 31, 2014, 12:31:07 PM »
Irvine sacked 29th December. Pulis available to work from 1st January. I suggest this has been planned for some time.
i reckon Peace knew it was a possibility even when wee give Irvine the job

Plastic Paddy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1247 on: December 31, 2014, 12:32:49 PM »
I don't want him to fail, & as far as maintaining our EPL status I expect him to succeed, but I don't see him as part of the DNA of West Bromwich Albion. Like Megson before him, he won't want to be involved in developing players, so I don't expect any of our up & coming youth squad to get a look in. He's also power hungry, so he'll be chipping away in the background to improve his influence. I see him being a divisive influence in the club, not a constructive one. But, as I say, we'll see.

Whilst you are probably correct in what you say, I don't think any of our academy players would benefit from being thrown into a relegation dogfight. Besides which, if AI didn't select them (and he was supposedly a Coach who would give youth a chance) it would suggest that none of them are either ready or good enough?

Anyway, welcome on board TP.

Plastic Paddy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1248 on: December 31, 2014, 12:34:28 PM »
i reckon Peace knew it was a possibility even when wee give Irvine the job

Didn't TP leave his job only 2 days before the start of the season? I know JP is many things but a psychic :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 12:41:41 PM by Plastic Paddy »

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1249 on: December 31, 2014, 12:38:36 PM »
I for one am delighted with the potential appointment of Tony Pulis. JP at last realises the potential gravity of the situation and has got the right man for the job. I was converted last year when I watched Crystal Palace play a few teams off the park, including us. The fact that TP will have a say in transfers as well is a massive bonus...... no more supermarket sweeps for anyone who looks good on video please....... If you want to play fantasy football manager then join an online league or another club!

Whilst I notice a few dissenting voices regarding the 'Pulis style' [whatever that is], I am not seeing too many acceptable options. I know Jose and Louis are a bit tucked up at the moment.....so who else is available with the right credentials????   
MAGA!