Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: WBA NEW OWNERS - Bilkul football
« Last post by MarkW on Today at 04:04:26 PM »
I've seen those quotes, and it's the model Bologna have been successful with so I'm quietly optimistic he'll implement similar with us.

The fact I see fans classing 25-27 year olds like Palmer, BTA and Maja as 'young' talent just shows how poorly this club has managed the squad since the Pulis era. There's 16-17 year olds playing regularly in this division.

There's one 16-17 year old who I think you could classify as playing regularly - Chris Rigg at Sunderland has 758 minutes across 20 games, and he hasn't completed 90 minutes at all.

If we move into 18 year olds, however, we find quite a few more - Archie Gray and  Jobe Bellingham have over 3000 minutes each, while Ashley Phillips and Bailey-Tye Cadamarteri have over 1000 each.

For reference, Tom Fellows has 1431 and is 20 years old.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Carlos Corberan
« Last post by Aztech on Today at 03:47:39 PM »
He has gone the whole season without a recognised striker and he has got this team into the play-offs. I dont see how anyone would see that as anything but a very well done job by CC.

Totally agree, a point off securing a play off place with one game to go with what is effectively a mid table championship squad.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: WBA NEW OWNERS - Bilkul football
« Last post by wba_1996 on Today at 03:46:21 PM »
He did allude to recruiting good young players and complimenting them with solid senior pros; we have plenty of senior pros so I expect our recruitment will be quite youthful.

I've seen those quotes, and it's the model Bologna have been successful with so I'm quietly optimistic he'll implement similar with us.

The fact I see fans classing 25-27 year olds like Palmer, BTA and Maja as 'young' talent just shows how poorly this club has managed the squad since the Pulis era. There's 16-17 year olds playing regularly in this division.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Play off Points Target
« Last post by Hull Baggie on Today at 03:44:10 PM »
Well here we are, still in our hands, as it was 3 losses ago! Probably needing a win at home to guarantee 6th unless Plymouth do us a favour against Hull.
 We all feared this would be the case, we don't half make it hard on ourselves.
We only need a point from Preston to guarantee 6th spot unless Hull win by 12 goals.
Obviously we can't go into the game thinking a point will do as that kind of thinking will most likely end in defeat.
I want to see us start quickly and create chances. If we can score early then it should calm everyone down a bit too...us fans included.
As fans we need to make it as hostile an atmosphere for Preston as we can.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Carlos Corberan
« Last post by Baggie79 on Today at 03:43:42 PM »
He has gone the whole season without a recognised striker and he has got this team into the play-offs. I dont see how anyone would see that as anything but a very well done job by CC.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Matty Phillips
« Last post by Hull Baggie on Today at 03:37:25 PM »
Phillips needs to go, We see him as a tailsman but he gets injured at least one a season and we has supporters think we would be better then his abilities suggest. He's been a decent servant and we need to look elsewhere.

Yes, it's time to start getting the older high earning out of contract players out of the club.
We seem to have a loyalty to long serving players that other clubs don't.  We kept both Brunt and Morrison for too long and we don't need to repeat that mistake with Matt Phillips.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Matty Phillips
« Last post by Albionfan1983 on Today at 02:35:15 PM »
Phillips needs to go, We see him as a tailsman but he gets injured at least one a season and we has supporters think we would be better then his abilities suggest. He's been a decent servant and we need to look elsewhere.

« Last post by ex coseley kid on Today at 02:29:05 PM »
Will we do it? of course we will and I see us winning all of our play off games.

Well I admire your optimism, got to hand that to you.

I don't understand how, striker or not, we can put in a performance like we did against Leicester and then bottle 'easier' games. That is why we are not good enough.
« Last post by robnewbold on Today at 02:09:35 PM »
If we do not go in to this game to win it,  then we thoroughly deserve to lose it.
Preston have nothing to play for and we have everything to play for, for goodness sake. The coach has to pick his best team and every player has to give everything he has got, (those who have got anything left that is).
This is the game we have to turn up to, both physically and mentally.
We have looked poor now, with the exception of the Leicester game, which we lost. Perhaps we have shot our bolt, it tends to be what we continually do year after year.

Will we do it? of course we will and I see us winning all of our play off games.
Last Match Forum - 27/04 Sheffield Wednesday (A) / Re: After Match Debate
« Last post by KYA on Today at 01:54:37 PM »
I imagine someone will be along to correct you on this in a minute while pointing out we have one of the strongest squads in the division. I'll be mildly disappointed if he doesn't in all honesty as he's been pointing it out to me for most of the season at any rate  ;D .
That depends  on to who you are referring some of our biggest critics only come out to play on Matchdays but it's all part of the baggies rich tapestry of fans   ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10