Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 361052 times)

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #550 on: January 13, 2018, 07:52:23 PM »
Could have been saying his performance stank. This kind of thing happens all over the pitch, can't go crying to the ref over ever little thing said.

It's interesting that racism is the first thing everyone thinks of when it comes to accusations. You can't tell me that racism is more present now than it was years ago. You don't get people throwing bananas at players, you don't hear racist chants. So if anything, surely there's less than before?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #551 on: January 13, 2018, 07:55:41 PM »
Could have been saying his performance stank. This kind of thing happens all over the pitch, can't go crying to the ref over ever little thing said.

It's interesting that racism is the first thing everyone thinks of when it comes to accusations. You can't tell me that racism is more present now than it was years ago. You don't get people throwing bananas at players, you don't hear racist chants. So if anything, surely there's less than before?

Complaint made by black player about white player. That's why racism is assumed. Also there isn't much else that warrants a complaint to the authorities.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #552 on: January 13, 2018, 07:57:55 PM »
Watched on tv and he quite obviously said to Bong his breath stinks after Bong got in his face, as for Bruno getting involved, the red called him over as he’s brighton’s Captain
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #553 on: January 13, 2018, 08:00:43 PM »
Watched on tv and he quite obviously said to Bong his breath stinks after Bong got in his face, as for Bruno getting involved, the red called him over as he’s brighton’s Captain

Fair enough, at the game it looked as though he decided to run the length of the pitch to join the other 2 Brighton players in the ref's face.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #554 on: January 13, 2018, 08:03:58 PM »

Complaint made by black player about white player. That's why racism is assumed. Also there isn't much else that warrants a complaint to the authorities.

My first thought was racism, wasn't having a dig. Was just saying that's how much we get bombarded with it in the media. It's as though it happens all day every day in every situation. I used to work in a school with over a thousand kids, and I only ever heard a few stories about racism (didn't even hear any myself) but the way the school went on it was as though everyone was at it in every lesson.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #555 on: January 13, 2018, 08:56:48 PM »
It’s sad this story has taken a tiny bit of shine off this tremendous result for us. Putting ALL obvious bias aside, this apparent incident should obviously be left as ‘innocent until proven guilty’. There’s more than enough cameras and microphones all over the ground to evaluate the accusations - either with clear audio or indisputable ‘lip-sync’ proof....anything else is pure playground talk. Nobody should tolerate racism, whether or not it’s class or skin colour based....but unfortunately we currently live in a world where we automatically have to think the very worst. It’s a sad disease and society needs to ‘man-up’. Back to footie......well done lads but we really need additions to improve quality/competition and to ensure standards are raised throughout the squad. I try to remain positive however I do feel we’ll be let down by (what I believe to be) an inept recruitment team.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:03:11 PM by sconesy »

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #556 on: January 13, 2018, 09:24:17 PM »
There was an altercation and words exchanged. J-Rod was holding his nose and implying Bong stank. Bong then got very upset and was running to ref complaining vermontly, clearly accusing J-Rod of racism. The ref called Bruno over to tell Bong to calm down. He then went to the fourth official and updated him on what was alleged to have been said and it was written down and shared with both benches. You could clearly make out Bong saying to the ref "I swear he said it" over and over. He calmed down once the ref explained he would be including it in his report. J-Rod looked bemused throughout. It's going to come down to two versions of events. Most likely Bong overreacted to an insult, or misheard. The FA will take is seriously as the allegations are toxic but I don't see any evidence to condemn or punish J-Rod.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #557 on: January 13, 2018, 09:26:06 PM »
It looked like he told him his breath stunk from the replay I saw haha

Fair enough IMO.
If somebody's breath stinks it stinks  :P
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #558 on: January 13, 2018, 09:41:52 PM »
Fair enough IMO.
If somebody's breath stinks it stinks  :P

God I remember the last snog I had, it's bringing back memories all this
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #559 on: January 13, 2018, 10:18:46 PM »

God I remember the last snog I had, it's bringing back memories all this

But don’t tell the wife lol 😂

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #560 on: January 13, 2018, 10:33:22 PM »
James Nursey from the Mirror was at the game and gave a report with player ratings.

Incredibly he has given Rodriguez the man of the match?! not sure he was watching the same game as the rest of us...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/west-brom-2-0-brighton-11840984

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #561 on: January 13, 2018, 10:48:45 PM »
James Nursey from the Mirror was at the game and gave a report with player ratings.

Incredibly he has given Rodriguez the man of the match?! not sure he was watching the same game as the rest of us...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/west-brom-2-0-brighton-11840984

He wouldn't be my choice for MOM (thought Dawson was our best player by far) but his superb flick-on at the near post for the first goal should not be overlooked.

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #562 on: January 13, 2018, 10:55:41 PM »
Not at all, great flick on. however thought he was poor in possession quite a few times.

IMO he is having to play the no. 10 role due to injuries but he would be better on the shoulder of last defender.

andibaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #563 on: January 13, 2018, 11:12:13 PM »
‘Your breath stinks’

Shouldn’t take long for the FA to resolve this one.
Baggiessssssssssssssssssssssssssss....

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #564 on: January 13, 2018, 11:14:16 PM »
There is no place for racism, however if the lipsync experts conclude Rodriguez did not say anything racist, then Bong deserves a spectacular suspension and fine...
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #565 on: January 13, 2018, 11:15:12 PM »
Watching it back on match of the day, J-Rod was clearly referring to the guy's breath after he got right in his face. Their bloke then says 'you're a racist' over and over and moans to the ref, who makes it clear that he's reported it with the 4th official.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #566 on: January 13, 2018, 11:19:35 PM »
It looked a lot like "he's a f***ing racist" from Bong to the ref. If there wasn't any racism he deserves a fine or something. Didn't look like Jrod said anything, more just the smelly gesture.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #567 on: January 13, 2018, 11:21:41 PM »
It looked a lot like "he's a f***ing racist" from Bong to the ref. If there wasn't any racism he deserves a fine or something. Didn't look like Jrod said anything, more just the smelly gesture.

Yeah it didn't even look like JRod said anything. Just made the smelly gesture and the bloke went off on one shouting racist to the ref. You can see the shock on JRod's face when he hears him say it

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #568 on: January 13, 2018, 11:24:31 PM »
What happens when he is proved to be innocent, does bong get to just get in with things?

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #569 on: January 13, 2018, 11:26:39 PM »
I think JRod's reaction said it all. He looked absolutely stunned when he was accused of being racist.

Don't particularly rate JRod but I hope they clear him soon so he can focus on the football.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #570 on: January 13, 2018, 11:29:06 PM »
What happens when he is proved to be innocent, does bong get to just get in with things?

You'd hope he'd get a lot of abuse from the terraces at least

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #571 on: January 13, 2018, 11:36:45 PM »
Must have had bong breath

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #572 on: January 13, 2018, 11:39:50 PM »
The problem is bong is from the Cameroon and from what Trump said in the week about Africa countries being s***eholes it was a silly gesture to make.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #573 on: January 13, 2018, 11:45:33 PM »

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #574 on: January 13, 2018, 11:45:57 PM »
The problem is bong is from the Cameroon and from what Trump said in the week about Africa countries being s***eholes it was a silly gesture to make.

Yeah he should have paused, took a moment; reflected about the current climate of racism in the world and stopped himself doing a gesture that has nothing to do with race anyway  ???