Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 361139 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2016, 10:26:05 PM »
Jay Rodriguez would be a perfectly sound signing IF he is being signed as a striker option and if we are going to back it up with another striker.

With only 4 working days left of the transfer window, I worry he might be our only one.
Boing Boing

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2016, 08:06:01 AM »
I hope this one goes through before the deadline, doesn't seem to be any rumours that it will though.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2016, 08:37:10 AM »
Jay Rodriguez would be a perfectly sound signing IF he is being signed as a striker option and if we are going to back it up with another striker.

With only 4 working days left of the transfer window, I worry he might be our only one.

I don't think that that is a given
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2016, 11:58:13 AM »
Aren't his knees a bit dodgy?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2016, 12:02:47 PM »
That's 12pm, no new players for the Boro game. If the board were trying to get a deal done late into the night as quoted elsewhere then they haven't managed it. Oh well.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2016, 12:08:30 PM »
That's 12pm, no new players for the Boro game. If the board were trying to get a deal done late into the night as quoted elsewhere then they haven't managed it. Oh well.

I think the 'more free beer and caps' suggestion is probably closer to the mark......  :D
MAGA!

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2016, 12:18:21 PM »

Anyone surprised?
Again we desperately needed a boost all round going into this must win game yet we are going with the same old same old.
I again wanted and expected us to get some quality in after the Majorca game then after the Palace game that bought us time and then definitely after last week.
Alas the Club has let the fans down and I dread to think what it will be like if we don't turn up offensively on Sunday!
Looks like last minute panics or crocs again as the Window slams shut and we face the harder games next month.
Cue the usual spin out of the club after we have failed.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2016, 12:20:06 PM »

Is it 12 today for a Saturday kick off or weekend kick offs in general?

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2016, 12:28:48 PM »
How many players have we signed in the past where we say "if he recaptures his previous form he could be brilliant!"

Having played 12 games for Southampton last season I would suggest he is already rehabilitated, and needs games rather than fitness. I worry that this loan is going the same way as Pritchard, assuming he commits career suicide and actually signs for us.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2016, 12:41:48 PM »

Not that I'm saying it's the case - but the club wouldn't have to announce the signing of a player before 12, just the relevant parties have the documentation. I don't for a minute think we've signed anyone but because 12pm has passed doesn't mean what needs to be done hasn't. Doubt they sit there with a tweet ready to be sent as soon as the inks dry.

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2016, 08:17:52 AM »
"We know Jay's condition, I've spoken to a few people there, we know it's going to take a few games for him to get back into his stride but I know the lad and he's a fantastic lad.

"He'll want to prove to everybody that he can get back to what he was. We want people who have got good attitudes and are also ambitious."

Read more at http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2016/08/27/tony-pulis-this-albion-squad-still-isnt-mine/#BfcS8Z9miXw5qt4l.99

Great another potential loan signing who's not fit to start

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2016, 08:37:52 AM »
"We know Jay's condition, I've spoken to a few people there, we know it's going to take a few games for him to get back into his stride but I know the lad and he's a fantastic lad.

"He'll want to prove to everybody that he can get back to what he was. We want people who have got good attitudes and are also ambitious."

Read more at http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2016/08/27/tony-pulis-this-albion-squad-still-isnt-mine/#BfcS8Z9miXw5qt4l.99

But hes 'a good laad'

We're slowly turning into the RSPA of the Premier League.

'Gaffa the No 9 has a bosted leg'
No problem gimp, put him in a box and send up to Bramwich. Tone will having running round like a good un by the start of the next transfer window.'
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 08:41:23 AM by tuamigos »

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2016, 09:12:28 AM »

Really not filling us with much confidence !
And if we does well ?  Any view for a permanent signing or just helping Southampton in the long run ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2016, 09:13:12 AM »

A couple of points:

Reporter says 3 major signings. . I thought it was 5 but I presume Jay is one of 5.

With regards Jay being a Croc,  to be fair Pulis says a couple of games before back to full sharpness - isn't that true of every player who is not in first xi? PoCo is fit but not match fit?

Sometimes Albion cannot win whatever they do.  If Jay is our other striker signing and not the sole striker signing it could be very shrewd business.

This was the deal we obviously worked on until 10:30 on Thursday but it was delayed by saints not signing their striker until Tuesday.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2016, 09:23:39 AM »
One minute we are going to shell out £16m on a temperamental striker, but pull out because he is unfit to start, and then we borrow another clubs 3rd choice striker who is not fully fit....

Beats me TBH.......
MAGA!

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2016, 09:28:23 AM »
One minute we are going to shell out £16m on a temperamental striker, but pull out because he is unfit to start, and then we borrow another clubs 3rd choice striker who is not fully fit....

Beats me TBH.......

It's quite logical.  Spending £16m on an unfit striker is a much bigger risk than taking an unfit striker on loan - no transfer fee at risk and so the transfer fee can still be used elsewhere

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2016, 09:37:10 AM »
It's quite logical.  Spending £16m on an unfit striker is a much bigger risk than taking an unfit striker on loan - no transfer fee at risk and so the transfer fee can still be used elsewhere

Why don't we just acquire a striker who's actually fit?
MAGA!

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2016, 09:38:35 AM »

Why not both? (A man can dream)

He/him

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2016, 09:40:29 AM »

Maybe because we would have to pay full whack!

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2016, 09:42:28 AM »

That's what we seem to be doing - not Sakho.  Rodriguez is very close to being fit. Is ok to start as 4th striker.  Southampton obviously thought so as he came off their bench last week. As a loan signing he's fine.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2016, 09:46:59 AM »
Why not both? (A man can dream)

You must be on something Mark! ;D

Fancy thinking that......
MAGA!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2016, 09:47:43 AM »
Let's get one thing straight Jay Rodriguez is fit might not be quite match fit but certainly fit enough to feature for Southampton, on the other hand Sakho isn't fit and doesn't have a date when he will be fit. Equally telling in world gone mad and £16m being Championship change (according to some on here) there is no apparent interest in him from elsewhere and trust me West Ham would dearly like to be shot of him.

Conclusion Rodriguez is the fitter of the two and more importantly bust a gut to make sure he was fit, I declare this a no contest.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2016, 09:49:58 AM »
Let's get one thing straight Jay Rodriguez is fit might not be quite match fit but certainly fit enough to feature for Southampton, on the other hand Sakho isn't fit and doesn't have a date when he will be fit. Equally telling in world gone mad and £16m being Championship change (according to some on here) there is no apparent interest in him from elsewhere and trust me West Ham would dearly like to be shot of him.

Conclusion Rodriguez is the fitter of the two and more importantly bust a gut to make sure he was fit, I declare this a no contest.

Lets just see shall we.......
MAGA!

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2016, 09:53:38 AM »
I'm struggling to understand why he's not fit as he played 13 games last season and presumably has got a Southampton pre season behind him?
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2016, 09:59:29 AM »

You'll never be an Albion manager thinking like that  :)