Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1347822 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #7475 on: September 04, 2022, 02:33:34 PM »
What do Stoke play like do they make many chances?
He should have joined us.

They had a go it just wasn't a great game. That Joao bloke who we were linked with did well to be fair.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7476 on: September 04, 2022, 02:41:43 PM »
We should get Incey in  ;D

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7477 on: September 04, 2022, 04:01:59 PM »
McBurnie with another goal for Sheff Utd - 3 on the bounce

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7478 on: September 04, 2022, 04:10:05 PM »
Sheff Utd will take some beating this year. 4 out of the 5 sides with parachute payments doing well so far this season, following a trend from the last 2 seasons post covid.
Boing Boing

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7479 on: September 05, 2022, 08:41:29 AM »
Delap not impressive at all.

Missed a chunk of last season through injury which prevented him going out on loan. His development has been hampered as a result. Needs games to get his timing back. His loan may unfortunately work out for both him and Stoke over the course of the season.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7480 on: September 05, 2022, 08:52:14 AM »
Missed a chunk of last season through injury which prevented him going out on loan. His development has been hampered as a result. Needs games to get his timing back. His loan may unfortunately work out for both him and Stoke over the course of the season.

Hopefully it doesn't for our sake

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7481 on: September 13, 2022, 08:49:30 PM »
Callum Robinson with 2 assists for Cardiff who are 3 up at Boro at half time

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7482 on: September 13, 2022, 08:50:12 PM »

He will do well at this level when played regularly for me.  A bargain at 1.5m

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7483 on: September 13, 2022, 08:58:34 PM »
Chris Wilder, genius?

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7484 on: September 13, 2022, 09:00:12 PM »
Everyone said Middlesbrough were going to be up there, and how really well we’d done to get a point on the opening day.

I thought so too.

But what about now?

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7485 on: September 13, 2022, 09:02:18 PM »
Sheff Utd will take some beating this year. 4 out of the 5 sides with parachute payments doing well so far this season, following a trend from the last 2 seasons post covid.

Yes I think you’re right - there will be ups and downs in the Championship as there always are, but I think Norwich will win the league and Sheff Utd will probably be second.

I doubt you need to look much further for the likely top two. Burnley, maybe…
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 09:03:52 PM by ttree30 »

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7486 on: September 13, 2022, 09:43:50 PM »
Yes I think you’re right - there will be ups and downs in the Championship as there always are, but I think Norwich will win the league and Sheff Utd will probably be second.

I doubt you need to look much further for the likely top two. Burnley, maybe…

Shef U found a way to win again tonight. Certainly doesn’t look like they lose many.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7487 on: September 13, 2022, 10:33:08 PM »

Has it in his locker, Preston fans thought he was great. I think he is the sort who does well when he feels loved, a bit of a confidence player.
Boing Boing

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7488 on: September 13, 2022, 10:42:57 PM »
Has it in his locker, Preston fans thought he was great. I think he is the sort who does well when he feels loved, a bit of a confidence player.

I agree. Was definitely better for Preston than he was here. Saw him twice for them, played well both times. Fans favourite at the time.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7489 on: September 14, 2022, 12:02:01 AM »
Kipre had another outstanding game for Cardiff at Burnley tonight. He has earned rave reviews nearly every time he plays. Were we a bit hasty in letting him go out on loan?

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7490 on: September 14, 2022, 05:16:03 AM »
Kipre had another outstanding game for Cardiff at Burnley tonight. He has earned rave reviews nearly every time he plays. Were we a bit hasty in letting him go out on loan?

At boro i presume you mean? Well we have 2 more years on his deal. Presuming club will release bartley and maybe he will get a go. Saying that if we were to somehow get promoted we need to upgrade half the squad.
O Albion we love you

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7491 on: September 14, 2022, 07:34:59 AM »

I still don't rate him as a top-end Championship player. Mind you, next season our squad will probably be even worse so maybe he'll be a good fit then. His style is quite unorthodox and old-school. Bad positioning but good at tackles. Makes some good interceptions but silly mistakes etc. Overall, not the worst defender in the championship but it will be best to see at the end of the season.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7492 on: September 14, 2022, 07:49:13 AM »
I expect we will sell to Cardiff and Caleb Taylor will come in to our squad.

Even if we did want him back, Is Kipre going to want to come back?  He’s not been wanted by numerous managers. I don’t think you could blame him if he kicked up a fuss to help engineer us selling to Cardiff permanently. 

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #7493 on: September 14, 2022, 06:24:12 PM »
I still don't rate him as a top-end Championship player. Mind you, next season our squad will probably be even worse so maybe he'll be a good fit then. His style is quite unorthodox and old-school. Bad positioning but good at tackles. Makes some good interceptions but silly mistakes etc. Overall, not the worst defender in the championship but it will be best to see at the end of the season.
Shouldn't forget what he can add to the team with good distribution from the back. Head and shoulders above the rest of our CBs in terms of vision and passing...which is one reason Cardiff took him as they are playing more football this season.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7494 on: September 14, 2022, 06:27:08 PM »

The players we have let go - Kipre, Robinson, Mowatt - aren't bad players at this level. It isn't really a surprise when they get good reviews. We had a strong squad at this level when we came down, it just lacked balance and a couple of key positions.
Boing Boing

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7495 on: September 14, 2022, 08:11:24 PM »
Coventry City are losing again.

They look as if they’re in a real mess.

Norwich winning again though - I suspect they’ll win the league.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7496 on: September 14, 2022, 09:24:54 PM »
Sunderland on the march, Norwich winning 3-2, QPR coasting.  Cov drawing with Luton 2-2

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #7497 on: September 14, 2022, 10:58:52 PM »
5 ex Baggies in the QPR side toinght, Johansen, Field, Willock deemed not good enough, Roberts left because he wanted too much money and has done well since he moved on and Irogebunam who fancied the pound signs at the villa where he's already made more first team appearances that he ever would here.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7498 on: September 14, 2022, 11:01:33 PM »
5 ex Baggies in the QPR side toinght, Johansen, Field, Willock deemed not good enough, Roberts left because he wanted too much money and has done well since he moved on and Irogebunam who fancied the pound signs at the villa where he's already made more first team appearances that he ever would here.

That's the kicker isn't it. Half of the players our managers don't fancy or are willing to give a chance too always seem to kick on somewhere else.

boingboing1989

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7499 on: September 15, 2022, 10:32:02 AM »
Anyone seen Sunderlands third goal last night? Classic Mowbray, and to think he's got a league 1 Sunderland team to score that goal after ahout 3 weeks of training and Bruce can't get us to score a single goal after 8 months.