Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1336430 times)

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #6825 on: January 24, 2022, 10:23:00 PM »
It is hard to see and at the moment I agree that the play offs is more likely.

I do think we a capable of a long run though. If we beat Preston that’s us just two points behind Blackburn with then to play in a few weeks. It certainly not unrealistic we could beat Blackburn in feb and go above them.

Bournemouth have stuttered almost as badly as we have.

We need to follow up this week though. If Peterborough become a false dawn I think top two is gone. If we beat Preston and go and beat Millwall I think we go in to the international break with a lot of confidence and optimism. 

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6826 on: January 24, 2022, 10:34:25 PM »
Oh 100%, three wins on the bounce would change the state of play completely (albeit Blackburn are currently 7 points ahead of us rather than 5). It would be a huge turn up for the books though without Dike, given the fact we have struggled for goals for the vast majority of this season.

With Dike I would be more confident but Ismael will be returning back to the pre Jan window side options now and so I exoect more of the same old toiling for little reward.
Boing Boing

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6827 on: January 24, 2022, 10:45:09 PM »
You are right, my table hadn’t updated. Still it’s possible to go ahead of them by beating them. Tough game at Sheffield United away before then, but I think they’ll have to try and beat us which may help us.

I think Diangana could be the key rather than Dike and that’ would be like a second big signing. Much like the Peterborough result we need it not to be a false dawn, but if we can get the original Diangana back it would be huge. 

A flying Diangana makes things easier for Grant, Robbo and Dike when they are on the pitch because he’ll draw multiple defenders and provide a great outlet. The way he finished on Saturday with a bouncing ball was fantastic and I don’t think that strikes been given the credit it deserved. I just wish he’d looked happier about it. It didn’t look like it took a weight off.  VI has to start him Wednesday after that cameo though. To not would be terrible management.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6828 on: January 25, 2022, 06:00:38 AM »
I've said elsewhere on the forum, I think we can go on a long run of winning, especially as we concede very little. I accept that task is much harder now that Dike is out. I agree though that the play-offs is more likely but I wouldn't rule anything out.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6829 on: January 25, 2022, 07:51:50 PM »
Grant McCann: Hull City sack manager less than a week after takeover
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6830 on: January 25, 2022, 08:33:58 PM »
Forest winning 2-0. Bad for us. They are doing well.

Qpr drawing 0-0 with Swansea at HT

SC_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6831 on: January 25, 2022, 11:55:46 PM »
QPR held at home

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6832 on: January 28, 2022, 08:10:35 PM »
Horrendous tackle just in the Huddersfield vs Stoke game. How Koroma didn't get sent off for that i don't know.

Not even a yellow card.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6833 on: January 28, 2022, 08:11:43 PM »
"Rob Dorsett
@RobDorsettSky
EXCL: #ssn can reveal true extent of #dcfc debts which are a staggering £60m+. Almost £30m to HMRC, £20m to MSD via loans secured on stadium, over £10m to football creditors, and several million to non-secured creditors. 1 source says he’s never seen debts so big in a champs club"

Jheez.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6834 on: January 28, 2022, 08:14:08 PM »
Horrendous tackle just in the Huddersfield vs Stoke game. How Koroma didn't get sent off for that i don't know.

Not even a yellow card.

Of course he scores now to put Hudds ahead.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6835 on: January 28, 2022, 08:27:34 PM »
"Rob Dorsett
@RobDorsettSky
EXCL: #ssn can reveal true extent of #dcfc debts which are a staggering £60m+. Almost £30m to HMRC, £20m to MSD via loans secured on stadium, over £10m to football creditors, and several million to non-secured creditors. 1 source says he’s never seen debts so big in a champs club"

Jheez.

Sometimes, we overlook how fortunate we are as a club
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 08:29:16 PM by AlbionFan »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6836 on: January 28, 2022, 08:31:46 PM »
"Rob Dorsett
@RobDorsettSky

Jheez.

They should be made to pay every penny too.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6837 on: January 28, 2022, 08:36:33 PM »

PS and I would add to the above, unpopular I know, but JRP created the business model and blueprint that the current owners are following
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6838 on: January 28, 2022, 09:23:38 PM »
Stoke equalise thank god. Puts us back in 5th.

SC_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6839 on: January 28, 2022, 10:31:49 PM »

Yep. I get fed up with the amount of crushing negativity on here considering how much worse several clubs have had it in the last 20 years. We have not finished outside the championship top 6 in that span. Think of how many clubs have dropped to league one, had financial crises’s, had long dull championship stays, etc in that time period.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6840 on: January 29, 2022, 03:32:44 PM »
Fulham Blackpool halted after 13 mins due to fan medical issues. Best wishes.

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6841 on: January 29, 2022, 03:46:30 PM »
Fulham, Bournemouth and QPR all winning - imperative we get a win today. Fulham game still on hold at present. Best wishes to the fan.

SC_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6842 on: January 29, 2022, 07:12:13 PM »
For all the example making out of how badly Sheffield United were doing, they are now 6 points behind us with two matches in hand…

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6843 on: January 29, 2022, 08:42:42 PM »
Fulham Blackpool halted after 13 mins due to fan medical issues. Best wishes.
Cripes!! The fans are dropping like flies. Why has fans health issues suddenly become so important that games have to be stopped? Why has this become a trend?
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6844 on: January 29, 2022, 08:57:47 PM »
Cripes!! The fans are dropping like flies. Why has fans health issues suddenly become so important that games have to be stopped? Why has this become a trend?

I can only imagine its an insurance issue. I know events have to have so many medical personnel available and it might be that if they play on and somebody on the pitch suffers an injury that requires a doctor, but they are in the stand treating an emergency, they would end up uninsured.
Boing Boing

SC_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6845 on: January 29, 2022, 09:09:06 PM »

I remember reading from someone who said it’s due to a rule change this year that matches are being stopped for such things. Used to never happen and is now happening weekly. But people always did have medical issues at games, they just weren’t stopping play for them. Im not sure the reason tbh. Seems to cause unneeded panic and consternation amongst other fans and players.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6846 on: January 29, 2022, 09:15:15 PM »
I remember reading from someone who said it’s due to a rule change this year that matches are being stopped for such things. Used to never happen and is now happening weekly. But people always did have medical issues at games, they just weren’t stopping play for them. Im not sure the reason tbh. Seems to cause unneeded panic and consternation amongst other fans and players.

Yes i believe thats true.

In the past when it happens the teams play on but now by footballing law they must stop the game if a fan has a medical emergency.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6847 on: January 30, 2022, 12:39:28 AM »
The Fulham fan who went into cardiac arrest today has passed away it's being reported. Terrible news. RIP

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6848 on: January 30, 2022, 02:24:28 PM »
Blues Derby is a great example of how bad the championship is this year.

The quality on show is just shocking. Tom Lawrence looks like a worse version of Mowatt.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6849 on: January 30, 2022, 03:28:33 PM »
Derby come from 2-0 down against blues to equalise in the 95th minute. Great goal.