Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1336158 times)

hexsaw, aidacuk and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #3100 on: April 28, 2019, 02:20:21 PM »
Absolutely disgusting that Leeds were pretty much made to let Villa score. Leeds have no obligation whatsoever to kick the ball out of play because Villa have a man down it was not a head injury.If Villa didn't want to play to the whistle that's their tough luck.

The FA need to be all over this you cannot have teams letting the opponents score whatever the circumstances.

Deplorable!

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3101 on: April 28, 2019, 02:23:15 PM »
Sadly it'll be much as you were for villa. Ok they haven't won but the el-ghazi red card is almost certainly going to be rescinded. Mcginn will be rested for the final game as to not get booked, and i think a few of their players had minor knocks but nothing they can't shake off. They still looked dangerous at times during the game and until the shambles that unfolded i fancied them to nick it. However, that was a bit of a circus act, but when you digest it all, aside from the red card that wasn't, im glad leeds allowed villa to equalise otherwise that would've been a farce. Certainly a bit of a talking point anyway! I give us a 1 percent chance of making third now, so i think villa it is.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3102 on: April 28, 2019, 02:25:05 PM »
Absolutely disgusting that Leeds were pretty much made to let Villa score. Leeds have no obligation whatsoever to kick the ball out of play because Villa have a man down it was not a head injury.If Villa didn't want to play to the whistle that's their tough luck.

The FA need to be all over this you cannot have teams letting the opponents score whatever the circumstances.

Deplorable!
No i think it was about right, the key thing was not the injury but more the fact Leeds were deceptive in what they did. They signalled to kick it out but instead carried on playing, which is bad sportsmanship. Ultimately, in the laws of the game, they didn't do much wrong but there has to be a level of sportsmanship, which they haven't met.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3103 on: April 28, 2019, 02:29:09 PM »
No i think it was about right, the key thing was not the injury but more the fact Leeds were deceptive in what they did. They signalled to kick it out but instead carried on playing, which is bad sportsmanship. Ultimately, in the laws of the game, they didn't do much wrong but there has to be a level of sportsmanship, which they haven't met.

Don't agree with a single word of that. You can never, ever excuse a team allowing another to score a goal. It opens up one hell of a can of worms. If letting a team score a goal isn't affecting the result of a game I don't know what is. I repeat Leeds were under no obligation to stop playing.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3104 on: April 28, 2019, 02:33:33 PM »

Don't agree with a single word of that. You can never, ever excuse a team allowing another to score a goal. It opens up one hell of a can of worms. If letting a team score a goal isn't affecting the result of a game I don't know what is. I repeat Leeds were under no obligation to stop playing.
It's completely your opinion, but i'm sticking to mine. I commend Leeds for doing what they did, i think if Leeds hadn't signalled to kick it out, fair enough, you have to play to the whistle, but they tricked them.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3105 on: April 28, 2019, 02:36:03 PM »
It's completely your opinion, but i'm sticking to mine. I commend Leeds for doing what they did, i think if Leeds hadn't signalled to kick it out, fair enough, you have to play to the whistle, but they tricked them.

Teams are "tricked" every time someone dives or claims a throw in that's not theirs.

You play to the whistle, end of, letting another team score is akin to match fixing, however you dress it up. That cannot ever be right.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3106 on: April 28, 2019, 02:36:55 PM »
I’m assuming Bamford now gets a 2 game ban for his part in all of the aftermath?

Wouldn’t fancy our chances currently against any of these teams, could quite easily see Frank Lampard’s Derby or Pulis turning us over as well with the way we are playing at the moment.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3107 on: April 28, 2019, 02:40:56 PM »
Teams are "tricked" every time someone dives or claims a throw in that's not theirs.

You play to the whistle, end of, letting another team score is akin to match fixing, however you dress it up. That cannot ever be right.
If that had been us instead of villa, i bet you would've been a bit incensed no? Effectively, this is a 50/50 split. Half would say play to the whistle (you), half would say the leeds players were deceitful (me). There is no right or wrong, its pretty subjective. I'm glad villa havent won 11 on the bounce here, its broken their stride a little, and thats the best thing to take away from this game.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3108 on: April 28, 2019, 02:45:31 PM »
If that had been us instead of villa, i bet you would've been a bit incensed no? Effectively, this is a 50/50 split. Half would say play to the whistle (you), half would say the leeds players were deceitful (me). There is no right or wrong, its pretty subjective. I'm glad villa havent won 11 on the bounce here, its broken their stride a little, and thats the best thing to take away from this game.

No I wouldn't. It's the principal that's important and what is right, the clubs involved are completely irrelevant.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3109 on: April 28, 2019, 02:53:01 PM »

No I wouldn't. It's the principal that's important and what is right, the clubs involved are completely irrelevant.
Oh come on haha, i find that hard to believe! Anyway, let's drop this, we're not going to agree haha.

chris-wba

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3110 on: April 28, 2019, 02:57:43 PM »
Agree with the comment made previously, where do you draw the line? Play to whistle and then there's no confusion. I don't believe the Leeds player acted like he was going to kick it out, more he was a bit taken back by all the Villa players screaming at him to do so, and decided not to.

Anyway, result for us is a home second leg in the play offs so happy days!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3111 on: April 28, 2019, 02:59:13 PM »
Oh come on haha, i find that hard to believe!

No offence (genuinely) but that's your problem.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3112 on: April 28, 2019, 03:14:20 PM »
Fair play to Tyler Roberts! Wish Pontus made the tackle!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3113 on: April 28, 2019, 03:41:49 PM »
Think Bielsa will fancy Villa again after today. Expect 11 changes for their game next week.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3114 on: April 28, 2019, 05:03:13 PM »
Bielsa did the right thing in allowing Villa to score

Football is not a game lauded for its morality, but Villa has kicked the ball out earlier in the match for a Leeds player to receive treatment and it was right that the favour was repaid

The problem wasn’t necessarily that Leeds did not kick the ball out of play, it was more the fact that Roberts brought the game to a stand still as he’s about to kick it out, then changes his mind

The scenes after it were a farce but in terms of sportsmanship it was the right thing to do

El Ghazi should have his red card over turned and Bamford should be banned for three matches for play acting and conning the official - no different to Gayle’s dive against Forest
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3115 on: April 28, 2019, 06:33:04 PM »
Bielsa did the right thing in allowing Villa to score

Football is not a game lauded for its morality, but Villa has kicked the ball out earlier in the match for a Leeds player to receive treatment and it was right that the favour was repaid

The problem wasn’t necessarily that Leeds did not kick the ball out of play, it was more the fact that Roberts brought the game to a stand still as he’s about to kick it out, then changes his mind

The scenes after it were a farce but in terms of sportsmanship it was the right thing to do

El Ghazi should have his red card over turned and Bamford should be banned for three matches for play acting and conning the official - no different to Gayle’s dive against Forest
Can't disagree with any of this!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3116 on: April 28, 2019, 06:43:01 PM »
I don't like "walk ins". What if a team did that to gain unfair advantage against other teams? Match fixing comes to mind.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3117 on: April 28, 2019, 07:13:53 PM »
What's the betting standpoint on this farce? All bets void I would hope?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3118 on: April 28, 2019, 07:16:28 PM »
Play to the whistle unless it's a head injury or obviously serious injury, such as with a bone sticking out or where a leg is hanging off by what's left of the tendons and ligaments etc. Just get on with the game, those who don't 'need' to stay down would soon get up and play on.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3119 on: April 28, 2019, 07:42:19 PM »
I don't know why anyone is bothered by this, we let Hull score two the other week.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3120 on: April 28, 2019, 09:39:54 PM »
I don't know why anyone is bothered by this, we let Hull score two the other week.
ha, that made me laugh

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3121 on: April 29, 2019, 09:04:52 AM »
I don't think Roberts did anything wrong. I'm not of the opinion he was feigning to put it out either. He looked back to see if the ref had or was going to stop play, saw he hadn't and carried on. Fair game.

Play to the whistle. Its not down to the players to control the game or decide when to stop.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3122 on: April 29, 2019, 11:06:39 AM »
Totally down to the referee to decide things like that, not the players or the manager. What a farce. The Football League/FA should ban them both from the play-offs  ;D

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3123 on: April 29, 2019, 02:02:45 PM »
I’m assuming Bamford now gets a 2 game ban for his part in all of the aftermath?

Wouldn’t fancy our chances currently against any of these teams, could quite easily see Frank Lampard’s Derby or Pulis turning us over as well with the way we are playing at the moment.

If Bamford does get a 2 game ban, the red card shouldn't be recinded, El Gashi did throw an elbow at Bamford, the play acting is irrelevant to El gashi's intent.

Also Mcginn should have seen red for his double footed lunge, & also for an elbow earlier in the game.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3124 on: April 29, 2019, 02:16:53 PM »
If Bamford does get a 2 game ban, the red card shouldn't be recinded, El Gashi did throw an elbow at Bamford, the play acting is irrelevant to El gashi's intent.

Also Mcginn should have seen red for his double footed lunge, & also for an elbow earlier in the game.

Presume he won't be risked against Norwich. Would be on for a three game ban as he currently has accumulated 14 yellow cards for the season.