Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1336305 times)

Fritzl Palace and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #2550 on: January 16, 2019, 04:03:58 PM »
If you have twitter search for Phil Hey (Leeds Journalist) - have a read of the comments on there. Even if it is just him announcing a keeper, it's a good read to see how scared some of the Leeds fans are of losing him.

Phil Hay:

"Marcelo Bielsa is to confront the ‘Spygate’ controversy again after calling an impromptu press conference for tonight at Thorp Arch. The Leeds United head coach will face the media at an unplanned briefing at 5pm this evening after several days of intense debate about his decision to dispatch a scout to watch Derby County train before their visit to Elland Road on Friday night"

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-head-coach-marcelo-bielsa-to-confront-spygate-incident-with-impromptu-press-conference-1-9540976
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2551 on: January 16, 2019, 04:04:06 PM »
If they lose him I can see the wheels falling off.....

Id be shocked if he did but it might have something to do with the spying scandal and the future EFL investigation

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2552 on: January 16, 2019, 04:15:39 PM »
It just had to be Leeds didn't it? Any other team up to this type of trick and we would be surprised, but no one is with Leeds........

Horrible team
MAGA!

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2553 on: January 16, 2019, 06:09:41 PM »
Bielsa just gave a lecture on how to beat Frank Lampard's Derby County based on 204 hours of research, even down to what Harry Wilson putting both arms up before a corner means.

Darren Moore doesn't make subs that the average bloke in the stand can see are needed and then says "hindsight is a great thing".

As much as I'd love Leeds to get a points deduction and Darren Moore to romp home with the title, there's so many levels between the two of them it's disheartening.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 06:11:26 PM by wba_1996 »

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #2554 on: January 16, 2019, 06:17:42 PM »
That presentation must've been astounding to those journalists... :-X

Also;
"Finally Bielsa says they make a short video on the opposition goalkeeper (Scott Carson) how they can press or where his weaknesses are."

Between us here we can think of some, no need for a documentary Marcelo.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 06:19:32 PM by Political Cake »
WestBromwichAlbion

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2555 on: January 16, 2019, 07:09:20 PM »
The EFL must sanction lufc hopefully with a points deduction.
Its exactly the same as stealing your ideas or intellectual property,illegal!
He's a cheat its no good the owner saying it was nothing to do with him or his club that's no excuse.
Don Revie,remember him,seems they havnt changed at all.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2556 on: January 16, 2019, 07:13:45 PM »
cant believe he has admitted spying on every team, this is going to get very messy!!!!
why would he admit to that??

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2557 on: January 16, 2019, 07:50:33 PM »
He’s fantastic and a breath of fresh air - we’ll done to him for his honesty

His side have been a joy to watch this season and it’s not hard to see why with the level of analysis they produce

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2558 on: January 16, 2019, 07:59:14 PM »

His side have been a joy to watch this season and it’s not hard to see why with the level of analysis they produce
looks like his ploy worked on you then.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2559 on: January 16, 2019, 08:06:11 PM »
Must not have been able to get onto our training pitch...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2560 on: January 16, 2019, 08:13:44 PM »

Sent 11 players to watch us train 
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2561 on: January 16, 2019, 08:24:49 PM »
Think he did but we were probably still trying to work with the three at the back and if you remember Leeds was the first game where we tried the new formation and obviously it f**ked him over.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2562 on: January 16, 2019, 09:45:03 PM »
Hey liam,you mean after he was caught out.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2563 on: January 16, 2019, 11:06:11 PM »

I'm with you on this, I honestly cant see what the fuss is about with Bielsa and this so called 'spying'. It isn't illegal to watch a bloody training session is it. I know Albion fans and also fans of other clubs who are or have been regular spectators at their respective club's training ground. Anyone would think he had committed some heinous crime judging by this hysterical over-reaction. Fair play to him for using his initiative and fair play to the Leeds players for showing a rare level of intelligence for professional footballers and actually take on board what they hear from Bielsa's detailed analysis of each opponent and apply their tactics accordingly. If Bielsa has wanted to put this level of effort in to try to achieve optimum performances for his side then good for him. I wish we had someone at the Albion who was as much of a character and who had shown equal levels of intelligence and initiative.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2564 on: January 17, 2019, 07:30:51 AM »
It isn't intelligent, it is cheating.

The fact that they are the only side sending people to watch other teams training sessions means it is not a level playing field and they have an unfair advantage over every other side in the league, which completely goes against the concept of a fair competition. They should certainly be punished in some way.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2565 on: January 17, 2019, 08:08:23 AM »
The fact that they are the only side sending people to watch other teams training sessions
Not picking a fight here but how do you know this to be true? All it realy means is no one else has been caught at it yet and didn't one of the prem teams put in adjustable height fencing around their training ground to stop just this sort of thing going on?
Here you go for one example after a quick and not scientific Google
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-melwood-training-ground-install-5560758
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 08:12:36 AM by BigFrank20 »
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2566 on: January 17, 2019, 08:35:01 AM »
It isn't intelligent, it is cheating.

The fact that they are the only side sending people to watch other teams training sessions means it is not a level playing field and they have an unfair advantage over every other side in the league, which completely goes against the concept of a fair competition. They should certainly be punished in some way.

I think the fact that security has been tightened around our training ground since DM has come in (i.e player agents not allowed in certain areas anymore), and the fact that DM has moved his pre game press conference from the training ground, to me that indicates its not an open session and 'anyone' cannot come and watch us a couple of days before a game.

I know Steve Bruce was the same at Villa, and used to have all the blinds closed which had visuals of the training pitch when the players were going through pre game routines.

Whilst it may not be breaking a rule within the game, it is a level of cheating. What I will say is, I admire the detail that Bielsa goes into every game, even down to watching Stokes new managers games from last year to see how they set up.

I cannot see him being punished by the FA however, if he does then I'm guessing it will be a fine and a slap on the wrist.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2567 on: January 17, 2019, 09:21:08 AM »
taking an advantage over your competition isn't a crime and as such should not be punished, I would call it professional initiative.
Good luck to them.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2568 on: January 17, 2019, 09:27:55 AM »
I'm not sure you can have a watertight security system that stops other teams spying on your training sessions.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of the very affluent teams don't have paid agents inside their main rivals' coaching set up.  Punishing the team that does it openly would seem unfair.

BTW watched Derby yesterday and I was impressed with their movement and slick passing.  They are fortunate in that Lampard has used his contacts at Chelsea to bring in some talented youngsters such as Tomori, Wilson, Mount...  wonder if Jones can use his contacts in Belgium  :D
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2569 on: January 17, 2019, 10:03:12 AM »
I'm not sure you can have a watertight security system that stops other teams spying on your training sessions.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of the very affluent teams don't have paid agents inside their main rivals' coaching set up.  Punishing the team that does it openly would seem unfair.

BTW watched Derby yesterday and I was impressed with their movement and slick passing.  They are fortunate in that Lampard has used his contacts at Chelsea to bring in some talented youngsters such as Tomori, Wilson, Mount...  wonder if Jones can use his contacts in Belgium  :D

I have been impressed with all 3 of these whenever I have seen Derby play. That Tomori lad looks like hes going to be a solid defender. Wonder if any of them will make it at their respective clubs.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2570 on: January 17, 2019, 10:29:59 AM »
taking an advantage over your competition isn't a crime and as such should not be punished, I would call it professional initiative.
Good luck to them.
it depends on where their grounds end as they could get them on trespassing and MAY breach privacy laws. I’m not a lawyer but I’m sure you can implicate Bielsa and/or Leeds in some fashion.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2571 on: January 17, 2019, 10:46:37 AM »
I cannot see much of a punishment if any, as its too grey an area for anything severe to be upheld if challenged.

I do think that it will be expressly forbidden moving forward though, allowing for punishment in any future cases and at least everyone will know where they stand. 

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2572 on: January 17, 2019, 11:37:12 AM »
EFL press release from Jan' 15th relating to 'Bielsagate':

"The EFL has today written to Leeds United requesting their observations in regard to an incident that took place in the vicinity of Derby County’s training ground on Thursday 10 January, 2019.

It follows a complaint from Derby County who allege that an individual, acting under the instruction of Leeds United, sought to observe a private training session the day before the two Clubs were due to meet in the Sky Bet Championship.

The EFL has now determined that it is appropriate to consider this matter in the context of a number of EFL Regulations whilst also noting that the alleged actions appear to contravene the Club Charter that all EFL Clubs agreed to in summer 2018.

The decision to progress this matter to a formal investigation comes as a result of the Club’s manager, Marcelo Bielsa, admitting to instructing an individual to undertake the acts being complained of in a television interview broadcast on Sky Sports on Friday 11 January 2019.

The Football Association has also confirmed they are considering the same matter in line with its own rules and the EFL will work with its FA counterparts to ensure that any potential action taken does not prejudice those investigations being undertaken.

Relevant Regulations:

At this stage the EFL considers that the following Regulations are relevant to this particular issue:

(a) Regulation 3.4 provides that:

“In all matters and transactions relating to The League each Club shall behave towards each other Club and The League with the utmost good faith…”

(b) Regulation 21.  The EFL also considers it may be appropriate to take action against individuals, including the Manager, on the basis that Regulation 21 provides as follows:

“… all Officials and Players shall by virtue of their fulfilment of those roles be deemed to have given to The League:

21.2.1  an undertaking to The League not to bring The League or any Club, into disrepute;

21.2.2  an undertaking not to do anything or omit to do anything which will cause a Club to be in breach of the Laws of the Game, the Football Association Rules, these Regulations or the Articles of Association…”

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/january/efl-statement-leeds-united-and-derby-county/

Suppose any actions (or otherwise) depend on how much value is attached to terms such as 'good faith', 'disrepute' and 'these Regulations or Articles of Association'.

What a time to be alive  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2573 on: January 17, 2019, 12:19:29 PM »
EFL press release from Jan' 15th relating to 'Bielsagate':

"The EFL has today written to Leeds United requesting their observations in regard to an incident that took place in the vicinity of Derby County’s training ground on Thursday 10 January, 2019.

It follows a complaint from Derby County who allege that an individual, acting under the instruction of Leeds United, sought to observe a private training session the day before the two Clubs were due to meet in the Sky Bet Championship.

The EFL has now determined that it is appropriate to consider this matter in the context of a number of EFL Regulations whilst also noting that the alleged actions appear to contravene the Club Charter that all EFL Clubs agreed to in summer 2018.

The decision to progress this matter to a formal investigation comes as a result of the Club’s manager, Marcelo Bielsa, admitting to instructing an individual to undertake the acts being complained of in a television interview broadcast on Sky Sports on Friday 11 January 2019.

The Football Association has also confirmed they are considering the same matter in line with its own rules and the EFL will work with its FA counterparts to ensure that any potential action taken does not prejudice those investigations being undertaken.

Relevant Regulations:

At this stage the EFL considers that the following Regulations are relevant to this particular issue:

(a) Regulation 3.4 provides that:

“In all matters and transactions relating to The League each Club shall behave towards each other Club and The League with the utmost good faith…”

(b) Regulation 21.  The EFL also considers it may be appropriate to take action against individuals, including the Manager, on the basis that Regulation 21 provides as follows:

“… all Officials and Players shall by virtue of their fulfilment of those roles be deemed to have given to The League:

21.2.1  an undertaking to The League not to bring The League or any Club, into disrepute;

21.2.2  an undertaking not to do anything or omit to do anything which will cause a Club to be in breach of the Laws of the Game, the Football Association Rules, these Regulations or the Articles of Association…”

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/january/efl-statement-leeds-united-and-derby-county/

Suppose any actions (or otherwise) depend on how much value is attached to terms such as 'good faith', 'disrepute' and 'these Regulations or Articles of Association'.

What a time to be alive  ;D .

All so subjective, will boil down to how much the big 6 fear a resurgent leeds and their fanbase.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2574 on: January 17, 2019, 12:44:14 PM »
Hey liam,you mean after he was caught out.

Well he's been open and honest that someone has watched a training session of teams in this division.

I have no issue with that whatsoever - I find it to be rather intelligent to be honest and if anything highlights the lack of security issues with member clubs.

Bielsa produced 300 hours of footage which assessed every player and pattern of play related to Derby County.

To suggest that Leeds are where they are because they have been involved in spygate, is for the birds.

I still repeat - he has been a breath of fresh air to this division and has took the quality of football to another level.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:52:22 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom