Author Topic: The Liquidator liquidated?  (Read 8017 times)

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

The Liquidator liquidated?
« on: January 16, 2019, 09:03:49 AM »
Anyone know if it has been taken away permanently? Did we overdo it against the Vile?

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

Re: The Liquidator liquidated?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 09:37:48 AM »
Only take's one person to make a complaint to the local authorities and then they will investigate it. This has happened before and the Liquidator was banned for a very long time.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 10:44:26 AM »
I have my gripes with the liquidator; I've no objection to the song itself being used; It's mostly just the fact that fans just mindlessly shout "F off Wanderers", rather than the team we are playing against on the day (I am also mindful not every team name or nickname fits to the tune)

For me it just doesn't get me going, it just makes me sigh that the masses don't use their collective brain and remember that the Wolves are not at every game, nor are they watching every game, so why sing about them.
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 10:55:54 AM »
I have my gripes with the liquidator; I've no objection to the song itself being used; It's mostly just the fact that fans just mindlessly shout "F off Wanderers", rather than the team we are playing against on the day (I am also mindful not every team name or nickname fits to the tune)

For me it just doesn't get me going, it just makes me sigh that the masses don't use their collective brain and remember that the Wolves are not at every game, nor are they watching every game, so why sing about them.

Neither are the vile Dan, but we cannot help the odd chorus of SOTV! That even made it into an episode of the Detectives with Jasper Carrott a few years ago...very funny.

Its not as though the Wolves sing complemetary things about us is it? Personally I have no problem but I do understand your point. Look upon it as a bit of 'tribal bonding' before the game! ;)
MAGA!

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 12:52:20 PM »
We absolutely need to keep the liquidator.  When it comes on I start to dance.  My son standing next to me is usually mortified...

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 01:06:56 PM »
Anybody offended by the Liquidator, or any form of language it entails, needs to sit in a cellar and never come out.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 01:17:47 PM »
I'll be honest, apart from the Villa game I haven't sung along that much. I'm worried the police are using it as a sting operation to bump up their arrest figures. :-X

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 03:20:20 PM »

I only ever shout naughty word off Wanderers when we play them, it's a resounding naughty word off Villa from me the rest of the time.

So glad the rest of the ground finally got the words right when we played them  ;D  ;) .

SOTV  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 04:35:36 PM »
Neither are the vile Dan, but we cannot help the odd chorus of SOTV!

This doesn't grate at me quite as much as the "all go down" song for the villa which P's me off and I refuse to sing and wish it would die (Because we want to go up, not down, and the Villa won't be there) but you are correct, shouldn't really need to sing SOTV it if they are not the opponent on the day either.

By all means when we play either Villa or Wolves then go full beans with it.

Its not as though the Wolves sing complemetary things about us is it?

I'm not present when this occurs, therefore I have no interest - we all already know we hate each other  ;D
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 06:19:00 PM »
Assembly minutes confirm liquidator is shelved (temporarily atleast) due to complaints. The walkout music has also changed if you hadn’t noticed yet. Split has been scrapped and replaced by the older duo of O Fortuna and Insomnia

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 06:45:19 PM »
Assembly minutes confirm liquidator is shelved (temporarily atleast) due to complaints. The walkout music has also changed if you hadn’t noticed yet. Split has been scrapped and replaced by the older duo of O Fortuna and Insomnia
Complaints!! I don't believe some people. We are at a football ground not in the theatre. If they don't like what they here don't go simple.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2019, 06:51:13 PM »
Anybody offended by the Liquidator, or any form of language it entails, needs to sit in a cellar and never come out.

Very sanitary description compared to the one I read from a member of the mod' team on that there Tw@tter  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2019, 07:42:38 PM »
Very sanitary description compared to the one I read from a member of the mod' team on that there Tw@tter  ;) .

This was the diplomatic version

Call me a politician  :D

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

EastYorksAlbion

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2019, 08:29:59 PM »
Traditionally, we ALWAYS used to sing, “We Hate Villa” when The Liquidator was played, if we stuck to that, I doubt we would be banned.

Have to say though, when someone from Sky or Wembley decided to play it at Play off Final against Derby, it was great fun being part of the best part of 35,000 Albion fans singing to it live on Sky.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2019, 09:00:18 PM »
Belting it out against the seals was one of my favourite recent memories at The Hawthorns. I'll take a few months ban for those 2 minutes. As for those who complained...Chanting to go next?
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2019, 09:22:48 PM »
Just another step at completely sanitising the Hawthorns.  Less swearing, more rainbow flags please, hashtag Albionfam and all that
"This crack is really moreish."

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 09:32:12 PM »

Complaints probably all from Villa fans. What self-respecting Albion fan would moan about it? FFS

Tony

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 10:55:15 PM »
The Cyrille tribute videos are going around twitter to mark the 1 year anniversary and a few people have mentioned having “The Impossible Dream” playing before games in honour of Cyrille. Its gathered a bit of support and I think it would be a nice gesture but not entirely sure it would do the best job of raising an atmosphere. Certainly could be worth a try for a couple of games, and could even turn out to be You’ll Never Walk Alone-esque. At worst it would be nice token to the big man.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2019, 07:38:06 AM »
another nail in my (visiting the hawthorns) coffin. the build up music is quite possibly the worst in the entire uk football world
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2019, 01:15:46 PM »
I'm hearing the complaints didn't even come from fans of any team, but Sky Sports.

And we know how much power they wield...

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2019, 03:50:35 PM »
Its getting pathetic these days, sky commentators apologising to viewers for bad language so wouldn't surprise me if it was Sky who complained ::)

Do they not venture out onto the streets these days ?

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2019, 04:02:40 PM »
The Cyrille tribute videos are going around twitter to mark the 1 year anniversary and a few people have mentioned having “The Impossible Dream” playing before games in honour of Cyrille. Its gathered a bit of support and I think it would be a nice gesture but not entirely sure it would do the best job of raising an atmosphere. Certainly could be worth a try for a couple of games, and could even turn out to be You’ll Never Walk Alone-esque. At worst it would be nice token to the big man.
That's a nice thought.
Imagine going up with your grandkids in 10 - 20 years time and them asking "Why do they play this before every game Grandad?" and getting to tell them all about the glorious legend of Cyrille Regis.
I'm in!!

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2019, 06:38:57 PM »
Have sung it with gusto on many occasions in my youth but it does feel a bit uncomfortable having lots of grown adults around my young lad yelling expletives loudly about a club he couldn't really give a monkeys about.  I was waiting for the "What are they singing Dad?" coversation so quite glad in a way.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 06:41:02 PM by Oldbury24 »

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2019, 06:45:52 PM »
Its getting pathetic these days, sky commentators apologising to viewers for bad language so wouldn't surprise me if it was Sky who complained ::)

Do they not venture out onto the streets these days ?

This is what I don't understand. Anyone that ventures out of their front door hears swearing every single day of their lives, including kids at school.

Just don't get it. 

alfieralph

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2019, 06:53:53 PM »
I'm hearing the complaints didn't even come from fans of any team, but Sky Sports.

And we know how much power they wield...

Think I'll just leave this here😁

https://youtu.be/JBnLMuiXQ78

Leeds United at the hawthorns I believe.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 07:17:19 PM by OldburyWBA »