Author Topic: Sam Field Joins QPR  (Read 216576 times)

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Sam Field
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2016, 11:48:46 AM »
Great news!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2016, 12:33:17 PM »
Very happy to have clicked onto the OS and read of this.

Nice one Sam  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

mrvulgarity

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2017, 04:00:46 PM »
Nice to see him come on against Stoke - especially when we were only 1 - 0 up. Pulis must have faith

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2017, 04:16:23 PM »
Nice to see him come on against Stoke - especially when we were only 1 - 0 up. Pulis must have faith

I said to my friend when he was about to come on 'If I was Sam I would be bricking it....', but he came on and did really well.

Fair play Sam........got stuck in and looked rather comfortable......
MAGA!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2017, 04:37:18 PM »
I must say, for a lad of 17, he looks extremely composed on the ball and on the pitch generally. His cushioned touch to Rondon to set up that attack in the last minute was impressive, particularly considering he had only just come on.

He looks a top prospect. Hopefully we can get him and Leko some game time between now and the end of the season as both look like they could be good players at this level in due course.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2017, 04:38:23 PM »
What you expect he`s born and bred Baggie

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2017, 04:55:54 PM »
What you expect he`s born and bred Baggie

So were the Chambers twins  :-X

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2017, 06:01:03 PM »
I must say, for a lad of 17, he looks extremely composed on the ball and on the pitch generally. His cushioned touch to Rondon to set up that attack in the last minute was impressive, particularly considering he had only just come on.

He looks a top prospect. Hopefully we can get him and Leko some game time between now and the end of the season as both look like they could be good players at this level in due course.

I thought he was needed to sure up the tiring midfield, but to be honest we didn't really have much else on the bench to do that. Fair play he took his chance and kept cool, put in a good strong challenge too. I noticed the older guys (Fletcher, Livermore, Phillips etc) talking to him constantly and letting him know where to position himself, so it's good to see we've got a good spirit within the squad. Hopefully he'll feature more as the season goes on and build up more confidence, but I imagine Yacob will be back in the team soon and he'll fall back down the order

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2017, 06:22:22 PM »
 His homework over the summer should include watching as many N`Golo Kante dvd`s as possible as that is the type of player he could become
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2017, 06:47:29 PM »
Fritzl The Chambers twins have had a bloody good career out of football hope Field goes onto be bigger and better things

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2017, 07:42:52 PM »
He put in a massive tackle on Shawcross. The look on Shawcross's face afterwards was fantastic, it was a mixture of anger and disbelief that this skinny kid just came on and clattered him, priceless.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2017, 12:18:21 AM »
Fritzl The Chambers twins have had a bloody good career out of football hope Field goes onto be bigger and better things

Well yes, but I would hope Leko and Field have far higher ambitions than a number of years at Walsall.

Big Al

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2017, 09:17:31 AM »
He put in a massive tackle on Shawcross. The look on Shawcross's face afterwards was fantastic, it was a mixture of anger and disbelief that this skinny kid just came on and clattered him, priceless.
This was right in front of us and the look on the face of Shawcross was priceless. He checked twice to make sure it was Sam who had made the tackle.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2017, 09:22:08 AM »
I though he had filled out a lot since I last saw him in pre season games, looks a real prospect.
Baggie in Southampton

AlbionDaz

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2017, 11:34:26 PM »
So were the Chambers twins  :-X
Think one if not both where Wolves fans.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2017, 01:35:37 PM »
Think one if not both where Wolves fans.

I played in the same sunday league team as them (Holy Name), managed by their dad Bert, now Bert was a Wolves fan (but a really lovely, jolly man, I was sad when he passed) but for the life of me I can't tell you what James and Adam were.

Back to Sam Field, if he can get 6+ apperances the rest of the season then that can only do him good for his future. I hope some are longer than 5 mins, but that may only happen if someone is injured for a bit, which i obviously don't hope for.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2017, 05:49:14 PM »
The cushioned touch to Rondon mentioned above was classy and gives an indication of why he's highly rated. Hopefully 3 or 4 starts before the end of the season.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2017, 07:14:22 PM »

His celebration at final whistle showed it mattered
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2017, 02:07:14 PM »
Anybody else feel that this guy should have been sent out on loan by now?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2017, 02:24:14 PM »
Field missed part of the season due to injury , i agree though both he and Leko needed to go out.
I believe TP saw it that way too but we needed to get other bodies in first.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2017, 02:30:29 PM »
Field was given the chance by TP to go out on loan in the transfer window and turned it down wihing to take his chance with us Also were only a couple of injuries away from a really small squad better for me if he and Leko both stayed

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2017, 03:06:58 PM »
Anybody else feel that this guy should have been sent out on loan by now?

No. Just keep bringing him in every now and then. manage his appearances. Start loaning him out to lower league clubs and he'll become a lower league player for sure.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2017, 10:21:07 PM »
I don't see what there is to lose by starting him in a few games. He seems a level headed lad....if he struggles now and then, take him off and bring Fletcher / Yacob or whoever on instead.
Pulis was talking on Sky about not liking the under 23 competition 'they need to play in matches that matter against men'. There's not much point Field treading water for a couple of years until he's 21.

Jimbo Baggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2017, 03:48:25 PM »
Hope he starts against Arsenal but cant see Pulis doing it...

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2017, 07:19:27 PM »
I don't see what there is to lose by starting him in a few games. He seems a level headed lad....if he struggles now and then, take him off and bring Fletcher / Yacob or whoever on instead.
Pulis was talking on Sky about not liking the under 23 competition 'they need to play in matches that matter against men'. There's not much point Field treading water for a couple of years until he's 21.

The ex-player pundits on sky were saying that it probably wasn't the best game to throw Field into a start in. We were likely to get beaten, and Everton is a very tough place to go away. Look at how HRK and McClean. Both given their first starts in a while and we were beaten 3-0, can't have done their confidence well at all, and also makes fans think that they aren't good enough, despite being beaten by a very good Everton team. Think blooding him in at home in a more winnable fixture could be more beneficial