Author Topic: Brendan Galloway Joins Albion on Loan  (Read 63414 times)

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

Re: Brendan Galloway Joins Albion on Loan
« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2016, 11:55:20 PM »
Anyone know what has happened to him? He seems to have dissapeared since the Bournemouth game when he played quite badly. Still, I hope he hasn't been frozen out as in the other games he looked decent and was my MOTM against Boro.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #176 on: October 16, 2016, 05:54:18 PM »
Thought him and Saido were coming back from injury

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #177 on: October 16, 2016, 06:02:02 PM »
Guess Brunt's return meant Galloway wasn't on the bench yesterday as Brunt covers LB and other positions....don't think Galloway is being frozen out, he's obviously slipped in the LB pecking order at the moment.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2016, 06:10:11 PM »
Thought him and Saido were coming back from injury
He was fit enough to play twice for England u21`s over the international break !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #179 on: October 17, 2016, 09:57:35 AM »
Anyone know what has happened to him? He seems to have dissapeared since the Bournemouth game when he played quite badly. Still, I hope he hasn't been frozen out as in the other games he looked decent and was my MOTM against Boro.

He was rubbish the game before that too. Nyom come in and did well when he was ill and deserved to keep his place really and as mentioned he probably missed out on a place on the bench due to Brunt being able to cover that position although if worst came to the worst and we lost him early in the game Olsson would have probably come on with Evans going to left-back..

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #180 on: November 15, 2016, 12:45:05 AM »
Loan is being cut short then.

Another super Pulis signing.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #181 on: November 15, 2016, 06:45:41 AM »

Some players work out some don't.
I suppose that's the benefit of loaning a player rather than an outright purchase.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #182 on: November 15, 2016, 06:46:56 AM »
The reason these kids are here and why the bigger clubs loan them to us is so we can help them develop as footballers on the same kind of environment as their club so they can go back and perform for them. We don't give them any time at all to make mistakes. Pulls either bombs them out (Galloway) or doesmy give them a chance (Gnabry and Pritchard).

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2016, 07:53:18 AM »

All I can find is a piece saying loan may be cut short in January, nothing saying it will be.

If he does go I won't be that disappointed, he looked good for a couple of games but his positional play was poor and he was out muscled plenty of times.

I'd rather we looked at getting in Charlie Taylor in January, if Everton want Galloway to develop in the premier league then let them play him.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2016, 08:03:25 AM »
Its down to players to perform, if they don't, they can not expect to start, we are not a charity.
Baggie in Southampton

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2016, 08:07:47 AM »
Seen some tweets from a certaim ex journalist which hints at Galloway being a signing of the club as opppsed to Pulis signing him..

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2016, 08:43:08 AM »
If he was bought in until Brunt got back to fitness then fair enough he filled a gap which is what loans are for. Not a fan of loans anyway it just allows bigger clubs to stockpile players but that's a different topic.

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2016, 08:58:42 AM »
Seen some tweets from a certaim ex journalist which hints at Galloway being a signing of the club as opppsed to Pulis signing him..

I thought Pulis made it very clear that he would have the final say on all signings when he joined??? Now it seems the pooh signings were the clubs, and the good ones he backed ???

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2016, 09:49:43 AM »
'West Brom's last seven season-long loan signings have started a combined 36 league games. Andre Wisdom accounts for 22.'

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #189 on: November 15, 2016, 09:55:25 AM »
It's the least surprising news I've heard for a long time, always seemed pretty clear it was a move led by someone other than Pulis. From what I've seen of him he looked decent going forward but extremely suspect when it came to actually defending.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #190 on: November 15, 2016, 10:29:38 AM »
If the loan is cut short in Jan, it may indicate that we have something lined up for Jan ourselves. I think the indications were that Pulis wants to use Brunt further forward, which is fine but he doesn't have the pace of McLean, Phillips, Leko (or Chadli if he is used wide at some stage).

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #191 on: November 15, 2016, 12:36:42 PM »
Another shocker of a loan deal. We are appaling at these with the exception of Lukaku in recent seasons.

Sinclair, Gnabry, El-Ghannassy, Amalfitano, Varela, Wisdom, Pritchard etc.

Only last week though TP said he would be back in the team if/when Dawson or Nyom get their 5th booking.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #192 on: November 15, 2016, 12:50:23 PM »
Another shocker of a loan deal. We are appaling at these with the exception of Lukaku in recent seasons.

Only last week though TP said he would be back in the team if/when Dawson or Nyom get their 5th booking.

Don't remember Amalfitano being that bad - scored some wonderful goals for us and at times was very skilful. My issue with him was that he was a luxury player, and if he got a kick he seemed to drift out of the game. Our problem was that we couldn't afford to carry him.
MAGA!

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2016, 01:10:28 PM »

Put that one down to Pulis, playing regular and scoring now in the Bundesliga and now called up for the National side, scored a hat-trick the other night albeit against San Marino
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #194 on: November 15, 2016, 01:18:26 PM »
It always depends what you expect from a player. Pulis clearly likes a defender to be able to defend first and foremost and from what I've seen of Galloway he isn't that good defensively and if we are considering cutting the deal short then he isn't adapting the way we want him to or he wasn't wanted in the first place. I don't want to go off topic but Gnabry was exactly the same, allow him the freedom to attack and do sod all else he would have been great but playing the way we do Pulis expects more from his players and that's why that one didn't work out.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #195 on: November 15, 2016, 01:24:37 PM »
i can't quote names now off the top of my head, but we were very good at loan to permanent deals when Dan Ashworth was around. Its a shame that we have lost our advantage over our opposition in this respect.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #196 on: November 15, 2016, 02:44:49 PM »
i can't quote names now off the top of my head, but we were very good at loan to permanent deals when Dan Ashworth was around. Its a shame that we have lost our advantage over our opposition in this respect.

Lukaku was probably the best loan move in premier league history. Other than that it was players like Vela, Andrews, Popov - I don't think we've done them well for a long time.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #197 on: November 15, 2016, 02:54:31 PM »
often loan deals are to cover where we think we have a weakness / injury situation. They still have to come in and compete with one or more players for the place. If it turns out they don't figure much it's not necessarily a waste or a wrong move....they have provided cover for us e.g. if Yacob had picked up his 2 match suspension at the end of last season as we all thought he would, Sandro was on the scene to slot in...as it happened Yacob escaped further bookings.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #198 on: November 15, 2016, 03:22:57 PM »
With Nyom looking a bit shaky of late I'd be disappointed if Galloway left, he looks quite accomplished for a player of his age.. 

That is however if we don't sign someone in January, if we can get someone like Charlie Taylor in then its understandable for both us and the player. 
"This crack is really moreish."

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #199 on: November 15, 2016, 03:31:09 PM »
Lukaku was probably the best loan move in premier league history. Other than that it was players like Vela, Andrews, Popov - I don't think we've done them well for a long time.

If i remember rightly, Dichio was fantastic on loan, but not as good  when he signed  ;D
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!