Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2405258 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #14625 on: May 20, 2024, 06:46:13 PM »
While Hodgson was hampered by injuries I think he overstayed himself by a season. Glasner has them playing well and they're precise going through the lines. Their football is quick and stodge free.

Dare I say it but I enjoy watching Palace play and the tonking of the Vile was a particular bonus. Eze and Olise in particular are really enjoying themselves, Wharton has stepped up very well and Mateta looks a different player.

The questions being can they keep them together and if not who are they going to replace them with? Olise was reportedly on his way to Chelsea in the summer only for the deal to fall through and see them move for Cole on the off-chance instead.
When it was clear Eze would be leaving QPR, we were in for him along with Palace and unfortunately he chose Palace. Now I thing they will do well to hold on to him. 

I watch alot of German football and Glasner did top jobs at Wolfsburg and Eintracht, and I'm not surprised he's got Palace playing.  Don't really know why he left Eintracht after winning them the Europa League.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14626 on: May 20, 2024, 10:37:22 PM »
When it was clear Eze would be leaving QPR, we were in for him along with Palace and unfortunately he chose Palace. Now I thing they will do well to hold on to him. 

I watch alot of German football and Glasner did top jobs at Wolfsburg and Eintracht, and I'm not surprised he's got Palace playing.  Don't really know why he left Eintracht after winning them the Europa League.
Probably something to with money
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14627 on: Yesterday at 01:45:24 AM »
Watching developments at BHA with interest. McKenna has been on their radar for sometime but I don't know whether Ipswich's promotion and their demands for compensation might have changed the dynamic. I wonder who their back up choice is?(there is one at least)
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14628 on: Yesterday at 08:32:43 AM »
Villa confirm they have to buy Cameron Archer back as a result of Blades relegation.

He will be sent out on loan then unless they drop asking price

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #14629 on: Yesterday at 09:45:40 AM »
Watching developments at BHA with interest. McKenna has been on their radar for sometime but I don't know whether Ipswich's promotion and their demands for compensation might have changed the dynamic. I wonder who their back up choice is?(there is one at least)

Liam Rosenior?! Was nominated for Championship Manager of the year however he fell towards the end of the season. Links to Brighton I think?!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14630 on: Yesterday at 09:56:55 AM »
Maguire just retweeted this

"An unnamed club has paid Brighton around £4.3 million as compensation to sign #mufc-linked Roberto de Zerbi as their new manager.

Everything is already done, but there is "maximum confidentiality" about who the club is.

[@lucacerchione, @CalcioNapoli24]"

BagAlbion123

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #14631 on: Yesterday at 10:10:18 AM »
Villa confirm they have to buy Cameron Archer back as a result of Blades relegation.

He will be sent out on loan then unless they drop asking price

What a bizarre deal, why not just make it a loan with obligation to buy if Blades stay up?

Anyway good news for us as he would have been like the Adams for Soton in the Champo, weakens Sheff Utd even more!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14632 on: Yesterday at 10:16:16 AM »
What a bizarre deal, why not just make it a loan with obligation to buy if Blades stay up?

Anyway good news for us as he would have been like the Adams for Soton in the Champo, weakens Sheff Utd even more!

GUess Blades wanted it that way. They get to keep him if he does well and stay up, if not he goes back, risk free really.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14633 on: Yesterday at 11:02:52 AM »
GUess Blades wanted it that way. They get to keep him if he does well and stay up, if not he goes back, risk free really.

And I imagine Villa probably took the opportunity to shuffle money through their FFP timelines too.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14634 on: Yesterday at 11:03:57 AM »
And I imagine Villa probably took the opportunity to shuffle money through their FFP timelines too.

Which would be sensible for them to do.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14635 on: Yesterday at 11:05:00 AM »
Which would be sensible for them to do.

The rats  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14636 on: Yesterday at 11:06:01 AM »
The rats  ;D .

Clever rats. We got the dumb rat in Lai

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14637 on: Yesterday at 07:16:51 PM »
Pochettino gone from Chelsea

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14638 on: Yesterday at 09:13:51 PM »

Can't believe that upturn of form didn't save him.

Must be going after conte, as he hasn't committed to a juve return yet.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:34:27 PM by BalisPen »

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14639 on: Yesterday at 09:34:19 PM »
I have no clue what Chelsea are doing and it doesn't look like they do either. Rumour circulating that De Zerbi has a new club which will trigger a £4.7m compensation package.......

They couldn't could they?
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14640 on: Yesterday at 09:39:16 PM »
I have no clue what Chelsea are doing and it doesn't look like they do either. Rumour circulating that De Zerbi has a new club which will trigger a £4.7m compensation package.......

They couldn't could they?

Cappello gave a great put on De Zerbi the other day.

Basically, what has he won and it's basically nothing, so going from a manager who won stuff, albeit at one horse race psg, it would be massive risk that is why I dismissed that rumour when I heard it the other day.

After what they want they need a proven winner and I think only a return for Conte makes any sense at present.

Although, I wouldn't be averse to Emery going there

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14641 on: Yesterday at 10:51:05 PM »

Excellent manager, strange decision. Mutual?? We will never know.