Author Topic: 18 Sept 2018 Albion 4 Bristol City 2  (Read 52289 times)

JamesBcfc

• Baby Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #350 on: September 20, 2018, 11:18:00 PM »

Their number nine weren't bad either. Caused us no end of problems when he came on.
Diedhiou, our record signing at just over £5m, scored 14 goals last season I think, despite missing 3 months through injury. Had a six game suspension at the start of this season for an alleged spitting incident- despite the only evidence being a written statement from a Birmingham player making the allegation, and said statement being contradicted by the linesman!
Since the suspension ended he's looked like he has a point to prove, came on as a sub and scored against Blackburn and looked good Tuesday after a poorer game against Sheffield United.
I thought Bristol City looked good but just came up against a set of attackers that are probably the best in this division when you think about it.

Their number 11 (O'Dowda?), looked really tidy on the ball.
O'Dowda's a good young winger, signed from Oxford a couple of years ago and other than a few moments hadn't really been effective at this level until a goal against Palace last season. Then it looked like he was really going to kick on but he injured himself making a poor tackle away to Hull. Was injured for a few months and it was starting to look like he had gone back to 'pre-Palace'. A good performance for Ireland in the international break and followed up with 2 more against Sheffield United and yourselves.

I do think you have a couple of the best strikers in the League this season with, but think it was individual errors that did it for us. Kelly (our LB) didn't have an awful game on the whole, but it was the worst game I have seen him have, and he was caught on the ball in the lead up to your opener. Hunt had a bit of a mare, and I sort of sensed it coming after a sloppy touch about 10 minutes in when he knocked the ball out for a throw in under no pressure at all. Didn't think he was going to have as bad a game as he did though.

That Barnes looks a real prospect, Leicester have a gem there.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

Sky Match Highlights
« Reply #351 on: September 23, 2018, 10:03:42 AM »
Highlights here: https://vimeo.com/291341046

Apologies for the delay, totally slipped my mind!