Author Topic: 18 Aug 2018 Albion 7 Queens Park Rangers 1  (Read 45354 times)

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #275 on: August 19, 2018, 01:03:45 PM »
Brunts job is to show for the ball in the first 3rd, 1st half he had his back to to the ball and didnt seem to want to show for it, just arm waving to everyone else, which resulted in us having the null for the last 15 mins of the 1st half, 2nd half much better from him, and barry looked class when he came on, the reason he will get flack in this position as it it literally the cog in our engine the way we set up. We need that link between the cdm to the am in the pockets. If that doesnt happen we will generally look really poor, as we did at forest

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #276 on: August 19, 2018, 02:07:10 PM »
Agree the silly yellow card followed by arguing with the ref when all could see it was a foul

He knew it was a foul and yellow card but what he was complaining about to the ref is that he had his shirt pulled first and he was right, he did have it pulled, only problem was it was on the ref's blind side so he couldn't see it.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #277 on: August 19, 2018, 02:18:40 PM »

Or could flip flop it onto folk who are determined he cannot play central midfield despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary and refuse to change that myopic view  ;)

Not suggesting you flip flop, just to look at the evidence and reality of the passage of time

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #278 on: August 19, 2018, 04:02:35 PM »
First half 6/10 (marked down point by goal)
Second half 8/10

I'm only giving the team a 7/10 mark and we battered QPR 7-1. Harsh I know but I think it's a reasonable reflection of the potential of the team and how abject QPR were in the last 30 minutes.

DM got his post match comments spot on, extremely happy with the result and performances but loads more of potential to come. Far less to do but Johnson looks a lot less nervous and more assured already. Young lad from City was also a lot more composed.

I'm already looking forward to Boro, a massive test as thye have been flying and we know how desperate TP will be to prove a point. No doubt we have the ammunition to hurt them. Barnes looks like he's going to score every time he gets near the box with the ball.

clemsleftfoot

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #279 on: August 19, 2018, 05:59:14 PM »
Can we play them every week?! Last time I remember scoring 7 in the league was against Barnsley. Good to see a ruthless display. Anyone that saw the game, was it a case of QPR being terrible or Albion being sublime? Or maybe a bit of both?
Bit of both in my opinion, But i ain't taking nothing away from the lads they fought for everything,chased things down wanted to work and clinical when the chance arose....cor ask for much more can yea...

clemsleftfoot

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #280 on: August 19, 2018, 06:01:32 PM »
Qpr were terrible second half. Gifted us 4/5 of the goals. Not moaning though.  A win is a win. We pressed them into making there mistakes. Defending a bit dodgy at times. Will struggle against better teams unless sorted out asap. Anyway should bring a lot of confidence into the team. Boing boing
got to agree here...

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #281 on: August 20, 2018, 08:00:22 AM »
Obviously very happy with that. I think Darren Moore was spot on in his post match interview; that we need to work on the defense.

I was a bit concerned when they equalised as I thought our heads might drop and allow them a foothold into the game but fair play we just carried on.

Yes QPR were poor but I think a lot of that was down to our play as well. Gibbs looked much more like the player I hoped we were signing and I'm glad he got a goal. Hegazi, Tosin and Bartley looked shaky at first but settled down quite well but the goal was schoolboy level defending and we really do need to sort that out. Thought Bartley in particular stood up to some aggressive play from their big striker which hopefully will give him an idea of what to expect on Friday night.

We've got 2 very hard games coming up and IF we can get through them undefeated then that will give us a better idea of where we are in this league.

I'm not going to get carried away but 7-1 is what it is and I'm glad that even when we got to 5 we still went looking for more goals.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill